MSFlight_All Hype or Some Promise

Thread: MSFlight_All Hype or Some Promise

MSFlight_All Hype or Some Promise

So, after a month of Flight. . . .what's the verdict thus far? Has it shown to be a lot of hype and not much to look forward to. . . .or is there some promising aspects that might allow it to grow on you?

Personally, although I panned it from the instant it was announced as the next Flight Sim offering, I did give it a shot for about a week. Haven't gone back. It was interesting but since I don't plan on spending any money on it to get anything more than the free initial download. . . .well, I got bored with it pretty quick.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Unless you enjoy low and slow general aviation type of flying, then Flight will be of little to no interest at all. Fortunately for me, I do enjoy that type of flight for the sheer joy of getting back to the basics.

If nothing else, it has forced me to become a better pilot, which in turn has advanced my skills in FSX.

While I am compelled by circumstances to earn my living modeling and programming for FS9, FSX and Prepar3D, Flight gives me a unique and fun diversion from the constant grind of just working. In less than two minutes I can be up, up and away, and spend an hour or less just relaxing!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I got bored with flight after the first 5 days. The scenery is pretty good, real good up close, the water is great, the aircraft look great but their flying is too sensitive. I do not care for the aerothingys, missions or challanges, nor do like the FSX missions. I prefer to make my own. I have been flying in FS9 and FSx since 2005 and still have not gotten bored. Not much new coming out with Fs9 but FSX continues to grow. Perhaps if and when Flight gets bigger, scenery, aircraft, I will try again.

I really enjoy Flight. I did enough missions to earn some of the repaints I wanted (yes you have to earn some content) and now I'm just flying free flight, doing what I like. It runs well on my pc and I have no issue with it. If I can eventually get FsX (or Prepar3D) running well on the pc I will build in 6-12 months from now, with all the ORBX scenery then FsX will become my preferred sim again.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I really enjoy Flight. I did enough missions to earn some of the repaints I wanted (yes you have to earn some content) and now I'm just flying free flight, doing what I like. It runs well on my pc and I have no issue with it. If I can eventually get FsX (or Prepar3D) running well on the pc I will build in 6-12 months from now, with all the ORBX scenery then FsX will become my preferred sim again.
    Same here it runs great on my I5. HAD fLIGHT FOR A WEEK NOW AND HAVE GOTTEN ALL 50 AEROCASHES AND ENOUGH MISSIONS TO GET ME TO LEVEL 15 ,and it;s starting to grow on me.Just wish the airports were not so bare.we need some AI.dang hit the caps lock at some point,oh well.

I installed FLIGHT on my new computer a week ago, tried it again for a couple sessions, loved it, but haven't gone back.
    FLIGHT just doesn't hold my interest.
    No helicopters, no AI of ANY type (FLIGHT is just downright creepy to me without it), and especially not having TRACKIR capability is the real deal breaker for me.

Sorry, but using TRACKIR mouse emulation is NOT that same thing.
    It's like having your head duct taped to the headrest, while you look around.

Frankly, I'm more excited that P3D has come down significantly in price.
    The compatibility with FSX is why I'll be buying it soon.
    It offers way more possibilities, globally, and still offers the freedom to alter my environment to MY personal tastes.

The fact you can do underwater simulation in P3D is more interesting to me than FLIGHT.

Enjoyed it quite a bit for the limited time I could play it. Even bought the Hawaii adventure pack. Well, ended up with a seemingly insurmountable error and can't get it to run any longer. Was fortunate that MS agreed to refund the $20.00 spent on the adventure pack. IMO, it needs a patch to address some of the errors that seem to plague more than just me. Would be more than happy to give it another go if I could fix the error problem for good. In all actuality, I'd love it if MS would take the next step and build a replacement for FSX based on the coding used in Flight - even if it lost backwards compatibility with every aftermarket add-on.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I really enjoyed Flight, then Mass Effect 3 happened. Back at it now. I love it mainly because it loads so fast. If you just want to go for a quick flight then you'll be in the air in no time. I agree that the amount and types of planes are still limited but I am sure they are working on that.

I just really enjoy it because it is perfect if you don't have a lot of time and just want to do a quick flight. Unfortunately FSX does require some planning as it usually takes ten minutes before the thing runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members +
    Its Been one continual Mission...never have I logged so much Sim Time.....The Scenery is the Best I ever seen,My Controls are far more Realistic. in feel,and effect..That With My CH Yoke and Pedals...Sounds are Great...The Flaps going into the split stream ..Very Real...and the weather effects...Dazzling......Hawaii,..Got to know the place now...The Hundreds of surface details..remarkable!.....We all know of Pearl Harbor...I was never there...but now?? I know the place well...with its Correct Monuments, one will even in a Sim ,Will get a feeling of Identity and connection..with this Historic place!..BOREING!!...Far From it...While My Hangers are fill in FS9 and FSX..I find that like a real wold pilot ,One Plane is OK!..no, no Heavy Iron,Intercontinental trips.which are the really BORING aspects of Flying.....no slew In FLIGHT!.....But for a Wind in yer face feeling,a hot Home built...The Real world!.
    FLIGHT fills the Bill..A Natural extension of our Beloved FS9,and our FSX..MORE FUN!.A Real "Trifecta" of Sims!!..For Me ?? FLIGHT,HAWAII is one heck of a Vacation...A Pilots Holiday........ALOHA!...Looking Foward to ALASKA,in FLIGHT...Can Over There be Far Behind???..Vin!