FSX Static Aircraft Library Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSX Static Aircraft Library Released

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    I installed kb's static aircraft library, and I can use it with Airport Design Editor. But, in the ADE Library Object dialogue, the thumbnail box says "Not Available". It is possible to take a snapshot of installed objects with ADE's Library Object Manager. But to do that I would have to install each and every one of the static aircraft into an FSX airport - as kjb seems to have done in the screenshot. Has anyone already done this? Or is there an easier way to get the thumbnails into ADE?
    JSCHALL, You are correct. There are no thumbnails available. That requires exactly what you asked....You will have to install each aircraft and take a screenshot of it. Collect all of these as thumbnails, place in a folder. Place the folder in ADEX/Thumbnails and then open Library Object Manager and do the find thumbnail function for each aircraft. I just elected to place a couple of airplanes around in order to discover what they looked like in the sim. Once I did that, I just limit placement to a few that I like to use. Hope this helps.

RD

This is great news. I will replace the old ones in my two Greek airports. Your work is excellent! Thank you for sharing with us!

If anyone has Instant Scenery 1 or 2 it will take/create thumbnails for you and those could be used in other programs. Or even in Instant Scenery itself.... :mixedsmi:

I forgot about the Thumbnail Maker in IS.

The thumbnails can be downloaded here.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    I forgot about the Thumbnail Maker in IS. The thumbnails can be downloaded here.
    Got them! Thanks for sharing...

RD

Members who have read this thread: 2