Short Stirling in FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Stirling in FSX

Thanks Ian.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Pips, It is a unique aircraft in it own right , I've been working on a painting , needed something different .. stall at the mo other more important works to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I do have a clipping here, the name changed from a Super Stirling to another when the program was cancelled , fuse length again was lack off foresight with bomb load/bay length and no depth but was more for the required spec's from the air ministry to carry the alotted load .. another was directional stability, or so mentioned.
    Unfortunately Bomber Command were stuck with a rather poor selection of aircraft when war was declared.
    The best of them would have to be the Wellington, the thought of operating over hostile territory in a Whitley, Hampden, Halifax, Manchester or Stirling would be (for me anyway) an unhappy one.
    Most of these were the result of Air Ministry's short sighted (or just bloody stupid) specifications, Bomber Command crews must been very pleased that Roy Chadwick had the insight to rework the Manchester into the mighty Lancaster.
    While not an admirer of 'Bomber' Harris this time he made the right call, the investment in time and resources to bring a 'Super Stirling' into operational service would have been wasteful.
    I do admire his determination in attempting to have a campaign medal awarded to the courageous men who flew the operations over occupied Europe, even if it was 50 years before it came to be.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Unfortunately Bomber Command were stuck with a rather poor selection of aircraft when war was declared.
    I think that could said for both sides , just fortunate a far sighted German General was killed pre WWII and Mr Hitler chose on his lack of insight to stick with medium bombers, You have to admit ... the box art for the 'Airfix' dose make it more than what it was, but it was the beginning of the biggies.

Pips,
    How did you get on with tracking down the Stirling, which is the best skin and what are the must have's.
    I am heading over to flightsim.com as suggested but could do with knowing this as it might save me some detective work.

My goal is to fly a Stirling and get screen prints of what appears to be a real aircraft.

BOBC

For your interest Bob , from the pilots notes , check out the engineers station, you would really believe your on a steam train rather an aircraft.

Good Lord!!!!
    I can't see a Stirrup Pump but I'll be there is one included!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ergonomics has never been a strong point with English engineers!

Looking at that I thought the engineering was charge for the ups and downs and the steering , Wonder if Short Bros made Submarines !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planes.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	38581
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Looking at that I thought the engineering was charge for the ups and downs and the steering , Wonder if Short Bros made Submarines !

Ian, followed your suggestion, joined Flightsim.com, searched on Mike Delizee, couldnt find a single instance of MikeDelizee . Ted didnt comment on him despite me mentioning this, I would need that Mike Delizee skin.

Ted says:-
    My models are all for FS2004, I believe that some do work in FSX with and without various tweaks. I do not have any version of CFS and so cannot comment in that area.

The folder you have extracted is the temporary folder referred to. When you run the STIRLING.exe file an Installation wizard will run and show information about the model and give you the option of where to install the model in the Flight Simulator9\'Aircraft' section.

Can anyone enlighten me on how I get Ted Cooks model into ETO 1.5 ?
    I have zip file S29_v5.zip and it holds a Stirling.exe, so I need to know where to install it to, as when I run that exe, obviously it wont be where he says it points to for FS2004 !

Can FS2004 by the way be modded to wartime appearance scenery airfields etc, its graphics appear superior to CFS3.

BOBC

Here we go Bob , page 7 with Mikes name in the search engine
    <center>S2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds</center><center>FS2004 Short Stirling LS-P
    </center><center>[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: stirlls-p.zip
    Size: 2,351,069 Date: 03-17-2012 Downloads: 541

FS2004 Short Stirling LS-P. N6047 was one of two Stirlings lost on the operation being shot down by Fw. Reinhard Kollack of 1./NJG1 at 21.44 hrs, crashing south of Mariembourg, 12/13 October 1941. Textures only for the Edward Cook Short Stirling (S29_V5.ZIP). Repaint by Mike Delizee.

Members who have read this thread: 10