Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Good as the VC is according to the posts in this thread, I am left with one question before I decide to buy it. Can someone who bought the plane tell me/us whether the HUD is collimated? For me, the old Alphasim where the horizon line can be just anywhere and the flight path marker shows where the nose is pointing instead of where the plane is going kills immersion for me.

cheers for the feedback

im going to wait for the other one

Hi

What about Terain follow Autopilot?
    Included?

Thanks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hi

What about Terain follow Autopilot?
    Hi Roland, no terrain following autopilot but the terrain following radar display is very nice indeed.

Personally, I'd like to commend the Virtavia team for releasing a great aircraft to the FSX community! This is a 'niche' product, so I don't think we can compare it to the quality of recent releases that are aimed at a different market... Having said that, the VC is simply superb and easily makes up for any flaws in the exterior. Chatting with a buddy last night about the Aardvark exterior reminded us of something a fellow simmer and mentor said many years ago - I quote - 'What on earth are you doing looking at the exterior? You fly the plane from the inside!!' I don't mean to silence those with opinions about the exterior model, I just think we need to appreciate the whole package that's been delivered for a fair price...

I'm still looking forward to seeing the 'other' F-111 when finished. I don't buy that many 'heavy' aircraft or scenery packages, so I can treat myself to the fast jets when they come along!

Like Bone, I think there's enough screenies and info. on the Virtavia / SimMarket websites for us to evaluate the F-111. By the way she performs and the sheer nostalgia of sitting in the drivers seat, I think she'll be in my FSX hangar for a long while.

Attachment 61404

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I rushed out and bought this, and I’m left with rather mixed feelings. The cockpit is beautiful, the flight dynamics are good, it’s a very nice airplane to fly (though of course, I’ve never flown a real F-111), but the exterior model looks a little cartoon like.
    Maybe we have come to expect to much after models like theMILVIZ F-15?
    So to sum up my opinion, it’s a very nice model with a very poor exterior by today's standards, maybe I should have waited for the other one, we will have to wait and see!
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.
    Maybe I was a little harsh saying that the exterior was "very poor by today's standards", it's just that given the quality of the rest of the model, the exterior is a little disappointing.

Regards,
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Torkington View Post
    Hi Roland, no terrain following autopilot but the terrain following radar display is very nice indeed.

Personally, I'd like to commend the Virtavia team for releasing a great aircraft to the FSX community! This is a 'niche' product, so I don't think we can compare it to the quality of recent releases that are aimed at a different market... Having said that, the VC is simply superb and easily makes up for any flaws in the exterior. Chatting with a buddy last night about the Aardvark exterior reminded us of something a fellow simmer and mentor said many years ago - I quote - 'What on earth are you doing looking at the exterior? You fly the plane from the inside!!' I don't mean to silence those with opinions about the exterior model, I just think we need to appreciate the whole package that's been delivered for a fair price...

I'm still looking forward to seeing the 'other' F-111 when finished. I don't buy that many 'heavy' aircraft or scenery packages, so I can treat myself to the fast jets when they come along!

Like Bone, I think there's enough screenies and info. on the Virtavia / SimMarket websites for us to evaluate the F-111. By the way she performs and the sheer nostalgia of sitting in the drivers seat, I think she'll be in my FSX hangar for a long while.

Attachment 61404
    Thanks

I have the elder FS9-->updated to FSX version.I think its basically same exterior with a FSX model output and a new(er) VC.I will wait on the other offerings and then decide.

At Simviation (PIG number something ) there is a terrain-follow-Autopilot mod(uses radaraltitude)

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I have always said...that the rivets are being overdone in FSX especially on fast jets, that and the panel lines which on some jets are raised....last time I check panel lines on the real fast movers....aren't raised. As to the textures....I am positive we will see some nice weathered textures come out......that is if Virtavia offers a nice layered paintkit unlike what Alphasim used to offer.
    I agree with the overuse of bump mapping in regards to panel lines and rivets; I can do without it on most aircraft. This new FSX release doesn't use bump mapping. I just looked at the paint kit. It's layered PSD that only covers the external skin of the aircraft; no external stores, no VC textures. The external store textures seem easy to modify (if you feel a need to) even if they're not included in the paint kit.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Just a question regarding the weapon loadouts. Are they fixed loads and are they not releaseable? I think in the way fsx has gone with the military style weapons and tackpack due to be released I think provisions such as releaseable weapons or tackpack integration is a must.

Blog Entries
    There's an update available, but I can't see what it's changed.

Ian.

Jeepers , that was quick .... already a patch to the pig ver.s1.1

Edit : Ian to Ian ... silly me did'nt not read the above .... now were is my gun

By posting shots of this model with an FS9 paint, I feel like I did a diservice to the Virtavia team. Sorry, my bad. I hope these shots do some justice, because this model is really a nice one, even though it doesn't have the external detail of other models. The upside to that is awesome fps. You can have a whole squadron of these things fly with you and still have a nice fluid flight.

What exactly is the external model missing?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

That looks pretty darn nice to me!

SOH 2012: "This plane has less detail than the actual aircraft sitting at the local air museum. I will not buy it until I cannot tell them apart!"

SOH 2013: "Why are there no new planes coming out for FSX anymore?"

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    That looks pretty darn nice to me!

SOH 2012: "This plane has less detail than the actual aircraft sitting at the local air museum. I will not buy it until I cannot tell them apart!"

SOH 2013: "Why are there no new planes coming out for FSX anymore?"

I'm still hoping some painters can make her more appealing. To me, the externals are hard to explain. I see panel lines and rivets, but it just seems to lack a depth of feel to it....

Don't get me wrong, the internals are fantastic, but look as though they belong to some other model. Anyway, as neither a developer or a painter, who am I to criticize but it's not screaming buy me just yet.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hi my Friends,

The Paintkit now available:
    http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/in...=/Paint%20Kits

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Charter Member 2011
    just as an "i'll never buy it as i aint a jet guy" to be honest i dont think they've done that bad a job! Though i have to say a little bit more shine wouldnt hurt.

some pics of the real thing for comparisons sake

Attachment 61462

Attachment 61463
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Bone, nice form with the Spark Vark, what scenery is that?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

All this jet needs is a painter or two to get their hands on it. I am goign to download the paintkit to see how its laid out. If anyone is familiar with Adobe, maybe by simply adding some drop shadows to the panel lines it will add to the weathering and overall appearance to the paints.

WHen whoever does seem repainting, please don't forget that the F-111F that went to Cannon and got painted in the dark grey scheme never got a chance to get weathered!

ANyone remember this:

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2008/04/19/f-...cans-dont-mix/

Or this one:

http://www.usahas.com/image/?ip=/gal...FB, New Mexico

The exterior detail of this model is not good simple as that. It appears to lack basic detail. It will take some painter to bring it to a decent level. Depending on paint kit quality.

I am not going to sugar coat this in anyway, but as a experienced F-111 researcher of some 20+ years they could have done so much more with this.

They also need to do some correct research on the paint schemes applied to these models before release to public.

A8-125 did not serve in that scheme at any time as far as i know.

I have become a far more demanding customer of late, i no longer pay dollars out for inaccurate FSX products.

Aircraft or scenery.

And that's a no nonsense honest account of my thoughts here.

This post is not intended in being a developer bashing post in any way, i am just calling it as i see it.

If you ask for the publics money you must also accept what the public think good or bad.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Bone, nice form with the Spark Vark, what scenery is that?

Thanks. It's the Simsavvy USA photoscenery, 1.3TB's encompassing 48 states. The locations in the screenies were New Mexico, New Hampshire, and Colorado.

Just in case someone missed it, the lack of detail that's being squawked about is all due to this model not having a set of bump maps in the texture files. It's got nothing to do with how it was modelled.

I'm not going to let that get in the way of me enjoying this model, but Virtavia may want to have them in their future releases, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Just a question regarding the weapon loadouts. Are they fixed loads and are they not releaseable? I think in the way fsx has gone with the military style weapons and tackpack due to be released I think provisions such as releaseable weapons or tackpack integration is a must.
    The weapons aren't releasable for bombing purposes, however, the capability to jetison the ordnance is there, and they will dissapear from the model.

If you want to bomb something, and you have another model that came with dropable ordnance, this works with the FSX command "Release Dropable Objects":

1. Load a flight where you want to do some bombing.
    2. Save the flight.
    3. Look in your My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder for the .flt file you saved (whatever you named it).
    4. Open the file in notepad and scroll to the bottom of the file.
    5. Paste the follwing content in:

[DroppableObjects.0]
    ObjectSet.0=M82-MLVZ, 8

6. Click on Save.
    7. Reload the saved flight.

NOTE: where you see "ObjectSet.0=M82-MLVZ, 8" you need to put in the name of whatever bomb you have after the "=" sign. I just happen to be using the Milviz M-82. The "8" you see after the comma, is the number of bombs you want to carry. You can put 40 in there if you want.