Buffalo released?

Thread: Buffalo released?

Buffalo released?

Hey does anyone know if the Buffalo was ever released? Can't recall who was working on it, last I recall it was very close but haven't heard anything in awhile.

It's in Rising Sun.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    It's in Rising Sun.
    Where can you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by lewis11777 View Post
    Where can you get that?

Found it!

It's a great model, with several different skins:

2 US Navy
    4 RAF/RAAF
    1 Dutch E. Indies

If anybody's feeling helpful, I'd be thrilled to bits if someone could send it me - I don't have the hard drive space to install RS because of the way it's set up using the C drive. If I put a vanilla CFS3 on my C drive, I won't have a computer any more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Nigel

Part 7 of the beta install has all the aircraft. If you download part 7, unzip, and install into a dummy folder, then you will have all the aircraft from RS to cherry pick out. If you can't be bothered doing that let me know and I will forward to you the buff.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    If anybody's feeling helpful, I'd be thrilled to bits if someone could send it me - I don't have the hard drive space to install RS because of the way it's set up using the C drive. If I put a vanilla CFS3 on my C drive, I won't have a computer any more...
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Thanks, Bob - off to the 'shops!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Nigel,

Bob beat me to it.

Yeah, Part 7 has the aircraft, guns, pylons, and weapons folders, so you should be fixed up good.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

We were supposed to be releasing a Finnish package seperately, (it's not forgotten Rene) it's all done, but the guy whose doing the final release package has real life work commitments at the mo, so it's out of our hands for the time being, Sorry!

We do and try and release all the new models seperately, just that sometimes things get in the way, we don't like having models locked up!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Great news, John! I haven't flown it yet, but the texture sheets look first-rate as ever.

Have you got a Royal Navy one for MAW lurking somewhere, though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Nigel, if your referring to AS420, coded "Z", then yes I did it, it's probably earmarked for a seperate MKI package, but it's in the same boat as the Finnish one unfortunately?

I've no problem with you doing your own skins though!

Not including the U.S. and Finnish schemes, this is what I've done, saves doing any duplicates.

RAF

W8209 TD-E
    AN213 TD-F
    W8231 TD-G
    W8137 WP-C
    W8147 WP-D

RAAF

A51-11 306

Off the top of my head, there is a nice RAF one with a green dragaon on it's fuselage, that's crying out to be painted?
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Nigel, if your referring to AS420, coded "Z", then yes I did it, it's probably earmarked for a seperate MKI package, but it's in the same boat as the Finnish one unfortunately?

I've no problem with you doing your own skins though!

Not including the U.S. and Finnish schemes, this is what I've done, saves doing any duplicates.

RAF

W8209 TD-E
    AN213 TD-F
    W8231 TD-G
    W8137 WP-C
    W8147 WP-D

RAAF

A51-11 306

Off the top of my head, there is a nice RAF one with a green dragaon on it's fuselage, that's crying out to be painted?
    I may just! It's always been one of my favourites, and I've got the finished 1/48 Tamiya model somewhere, and the recent reissued version which has precisely that green dragon included.

I was thinking of AS419 - a bit obvious, but it is one of the few any records have survived for. Where did you find AS420? These are the ones I'm really interested in, as the Med is really my thing. I'm still tempted to do one or two Yellow Wings ones - if you haven't got them all covered already!

That leaves Belgium and No.71 Eagle Squadron...

Do you think Rene would like to do the flight dynamics for the B-239, or are they already covered?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I didn't find AS420, it was requested and the info was sent to me, it was only a profile though!

All my recent work as been requests, can't remember the last time I did anything off my own bat? :mixedsmi:

There are only two yellow wings done, 1398 coded 3-F-8, and 1412 coded 2-F-7, so still should be plenty of choices out there?

Did plan on doing this at some time, can't believe they actually did trials with this scheme!
    Attachment 61488
    John

Keep it coming!

Forgot to say, Rene has already done that!
    John

Keep it coming!

The problem is that it's by no means OK to release my flight model - not that I have a problem with it but the guys whose creations I used to stitch it together might think otherwise. If I remember even remotely correctly it's a pretty Frankenstein-ish combination of 1% F4F, A6M, P-40 and something else, and my own work in the propeller tables, control surface angles and such. By some miracle it performs like it should though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    I didn't find AS420, it was requested and the info was sent to me, it was only a profile though!

All my recent work as been requests, can't remember the last time I did anything off my own bat? :mixedsmi:

There are only two yellow wings done, 1398 coded 3-F-8, and 1412 coded 2-F-7, so still should be plenty of choices out there?

Did plan on doing this at some time, can't believe they actually did trials with this scheme!
    Attachment 61488
    I got to a point with CFS3 and SF2 that the stock answer to any request was no. I don't get the time, start with that!

That scheme is horrid... Was it three shades of grey, or actually different colours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    The problem is that it's by no means OK to release my flight model - not that I have a problem with it but the guys whose creations I used to stitch it together might think otherwise. If I remember even remotely correctly it's a pretty Frankenstein-ish combination of 1% F4F, A6M, P-40 and something else, and my own work in the propeller tables, control surface angles and such. By some miracle it performs like it should though...
    Point taken...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 0