Microsoft Flight Review - IGN, 5.0/10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Flight Review - IGN, 5.0/10

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hi Bill. I hope all is well.

I will not be 'told' what to like. I will gather information on something and make my own assumption. I liked the feedback review. It also stated the good points about it and I think it states things about right from what 'everyone' has been saying.
    Is that what you think I was trying to do? Really? If so, you are very mistaken.

What I wrote was a "short list" of only ten demonstrably false/incorrect statements in this "review." Just to be clear, I was responding to the original post's quoted review, not the subsequent one quoted, which was on the whole more fair and balanced.

Not one single word in my response was "opinion" nor did I make any attempt to tell people "what to like."

By your criteria then, if "everyone" makes false statements then what "everyone is saying" must therefore be "true?" That's rather disturbing, Bill.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Is that what you think I was trying to do? Really? If so, you are very mistaken.

What I wrote was a "short list" of only ten demonstrably false/incorrect statements in this "review." Just to be clear, I was responding to the original post's quoted review, not the subsequent one quoted, which was on the whole more fair and balanced.

Not one single word in my response was "opinion" nor did I make any attempt to tell people "what to like."

By your criteria then, if "everyone" makes false statements then what "everyone is saying" must therefore be "true?" That's rather disturbing, Bill.
    Ah Bill, ya missed a golden opportunity to use that quote.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Ah..

<puts saline solution in 'glazed' eyes... >
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hi Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Logitech G940 for the FF stick.
    Dain -
    Cheers for the feedback & details.

Much as I'd love one,
    still being in similar circumstances,
    its a little out of my price bracket.

Many thanks
    ATB
    Paul

The ODG Project

I've never felt so frustrated.......
    died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly.......
    yet had so much fun, in a long time.

Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Now that's a review that tells it straight!
    Not accurate a review in some instances, but I feel it captures the mood of a lot of flight simmers out there, and that includes me! I doubt Flight will have a long life, which is sad really.
    Long range haulers, glider pilots and the like will utterly waste their money on Flight.

I hope someone else picks up the reins where MS left off.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post
    Not accurate a review in some instances, but I feel it captures the mood of a lot of flight simmers out there, and that includes me! I doubt Flight will have a long life, which is sad really.
    Long range haulers, glider pilots and the like will utterly waste their money on Flight.

I hope someone else picks up the reins where MS left off.

Ben
    Done.... Go to www.prepar3D.com. Uses the former FSX/ESP, has been upgraded 3X to build 1.3, runs faster then FSX, smooth with no stumbles, no hopping planes, can run cars and traffic now, clouds too, and no blinking clouds.... $49.95 for students, $200.00 for regular, $9.95 a month for Dev's. Runs awesome and takes all FSX scenery and planes. And..... you can use it for official training.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

If he thinks "landing is easy," then he quite obviously did not try the RV-6 Landing Challenge #2, which is a full ILS landing with a 29 knot crosswind off the starboard front quarter. You have to maintain a well-controlled slip all the way down to about 5' AGL, land on the center line, and have no wheel-skid, and less than 5 fps touchdown. So far, no one has gotten a "Gold" for the landing...
    I got gold on Landing Challenge #2 in the RV. It sure wasn't easy and took several attempts!