cfs3 total over haul

Thread: cfs3 total over haul

cfs3 total over haul

Hi all , I kept this quiet for a very long time, 5 years infact. But Im almost finished my complet cfs3 over haul. I mean a total over haul of the entire game as much as Im allowed to under the ULA.
    Rebuilt stock planes
    Rebuilt skies
    Rebuild Lightning effects
    Rebuild explosions
    Rebuild land class
    rebuild water
    Rebuilt Boats
    Rebuilt building
    Rebuilt Trains
    Rebuilt tanks and jeeps and cars
    Re done missions.
    Rebuilt Fridge door-broke from opening it so many times fetching new brews while I worked on this.

And much more.

5 years of work. I hope to be done by Xmas this year and you better get your band width warmed up cause this is a whopper with double chease!
    Free ware.

Here is a small example of some of the work I did, a very early screen shot from way back. This is now a new up to date modern flight sim. The blurred textures and funky modeling is gone.
    Sounds are cleaned up and clean.
    Air files fixed, yes the P51 now acts like a real p51 and not like a barn with wings.

High def paints and on and on and on. It was-is a passion of mine.
    Any ways here are some before pics and after shots of the p-51 d

I will show more as time goes on. I work on this when I have some spare time.
    It looks like this will be 1.9 gig down load , so you have lots of time to get ready for it.
    If this is well recieved I will build a ton of new super detailed planes for this sim for you and rebreath life into it. For now I have over hauled all the stock planes cause the sim has to have them in place to work. I did how ever change some of the paints to other kinds , like one spitfire I made to sea fire and the mossy I made blue with strips. stuff like that, and oh yeah one of the stock Bf 109s is hartmans.

Ok take a short look.

Not quite done yet but close on all the planes.

starting with before shots then after.

Thanks for supporting my efforts.
    This will be freeware. I hope to be allowed to up load it here at the SOH nd of course at my site too.

I really appreciate your support!
    Tom Wood-Crashwoody
    Cr1-Software, Home of high quality flight simulation Add ons.
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

Hi again, here is a top view of the bump mapping that Is on the planes. I am now going back over them to get on the panels and lables so they are clearly readable.
    New damage textures too.

Crash
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

You're going to need to be VERY careful about copyright violation... If your add-on/extension is a stand-alone that doesn't require standard CFS3 to be installed already, you might find that's a bit tricky...

(Just out of interest - I see and greatly appreciate the technique used, but Mustangs had their wings filled, sanded and sealed with paint in the factory. No P-51d had visible panel lines or rivets on the wings or tailsurfaces, beyond the necessary for maintenance and weapons fitting. And the wings and tailsurfaces were always painted, needless to say!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I'll certainly be looking forward to more screenshots as and when, most of the stock aircraft are long overdue rebuilding. Is it possible you could have a Typhoon that doesn't look like it's built of Lego, with a canopy frame that isn't bent in the VC? The stock model is ... well this is meant to be a family-friendly place ... not pretty, not even interesting.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020

Out of the Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@Cr1-Software View Post
    Hi all , I kept this quiet for a very long time, 5 years infact. But Im almost finished my complet cfs3 over haul. I mean a total over haul of the entire game as much as Im allowed to under the ULA.

I really appreciate your support!
    Tom Wood-Crashwoody
    Greetings! This sounds amazing.

You are right there is an awful lot about stock CFS3 that can be improved. And there is always scope for everyone's contribution. I note you intend to observe the ULA, so Ndicki's concerns seem to be addressed.

I for one am very excited and encouraged about your big surprise .

There are a number of errors in stock vehicles and ships, largely simply fixed with edits to the xdp files. I'm happy to PM you with the stuff I've addressed with stock models.

best,
    David

The factory p 51s didnt come sanded down or any thing, no ww2 planes did they were slamed together and sent out to the battle field. the restored planes we see all the time are not exactly what the factory put out, they are lovingly crafted into beautifull works or art, they werent exactly like that in the beginning... But they are very nice to have around any ways. I dont modify the game engine at all, that is the only thing your not alowed to do in flight sims. You can make new gauges, sounds air files, models paints damage profiles, and scenery adjustments, or additions. If you werent allow then tye would give you sdks and programs like gmax to let you do it , and they are available right from MS's cfs3 web site.
    I was down in south america and saw a origional, it was a real banged up plane, but still in service, Im sure by the end of a few missions the rivits were poping too,lol they were exactly easy on these old planes..haha.

Im making a demo video and with the new allunimum shine the rivits are played down alot now.The planes are almost donw now, thos escreens are from years ago. And its all free ware. I will have to release it in phases. But it is very updated now and it seems to run much smoother then before.
    I never have a cfs3 crash any more. It runs better now. Looks good too.

Thanks
    Tom
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

we have to keep the stock planes for the sim to function properly. SO I approached this project like this, "FIX the stock stuff "AS FAR AS WE CAN..." and then when that is as good as it can get, then build brand new planes. at least this way when building missions and stuff the sim as a whole looks complete and in harmony with in it self so that when you are on line you can fly a stocker and it look as good as the new ones we will build. that way the sim dosent look all patchy, with some good planes and soem terrible planes.

With the sim up date and modernized a bit then we will have a good foundation to start with and go from there and build it into a world class combat cartoon shooter!

Tom-Crashwoody!
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

Blog Entries
    Well this thread was a big surprise this morning! It sounds very interesing and am looking forward to seeing the vid and more screenies.
    I applaud your work Tom.

I dont modify the game engine at all, that is the only thing your not alowed to do in flight sims.
    That's a shame! I wish someone would/could modify the game engine and fix some of the annoying foibles. Then this would be one heck of a flight sim. I'd gladly pay for a cfs3 fix.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Don't forget to get some sleep in amoungst all of that work. Looking forward to the update !!!!!!!

Regards, SG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ve6z...L3JbyZw2DAF8dQ=

Here is a vid with the 51 in the stock cfs3. I do this just in case folks only want the planes and to make sure I dont do somthing to make the sim crash. The P 51 runs better now and my frames are hitting the roof.
    There are some things in the planes that were made to make lower end machines run better, but they actually slowed things down. So I turned them off in the configs.
    Well there is more infoe on the video description for you to read. It is 2 am and I have to work in a few hours...lol
    If I ever go real quiet around here you guys know Im working on this project...lol
    This video will show the p51 flying Right, now it can turn and climb like the real one did, the stock air file reminded me of a flying cow barn....

Thanks for the supportive responces on this, it makes me feel like I never wasted my time!

Tom-Crashwoody
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

Great job Tom, a overhaul of CFS3 is long overdue.

T.

"I did not see that coming" would be an understatement!

Am I correct Tom in thinking that you have built new stock models and replaced the old ones?

Just to have that gawd awful texture mapping on the stock P-47's & P-55 fixed would have me dancing on air!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    O o Tom, this really is looking good...
    Am I correct in assuming that present add-on planes will also function in 'your' CFS3?

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RELEASE

This is something worht waiting for a complete overhaul whichh needed to be done it will give cfs3 a new lease of life.
    Roll on Xmas

just when I thought the old CFS3 was moribund......good on you!!!!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    OH YEA!!
    Looking GREATLY forward to this!!
    BRAVO!!
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Been hesitant

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Several years worth of conversation with many folks, including the beta cfs3/4 testers, say that there is no way to make cfs3 round. It is a flat world as we all know when we try place facilities near the outer boarders of a theater and find that the coordinates we use have us 10s of miles away from where we should be. Also, the land masses become very distorted as well as we move away from the center. CFS3 was made flat since at the time and using the game engine they did the programmers could not or were concerned that the manned stations other than the pilot posed problems with the operation of these stations. The entire world is in there it is just flat. A theater can be about 1000 miles square give or take a few miles. It is accurate near the center but becomes distorted as you approach the outer limits. Have you ever noticed what the terrain looks like when you reach the limits of the theater? It is flat with no rivers mountains, lakes etc, why, because it does not exist other than some default landmass which is flat.

Now, I hope that this as it was explained to me was a limitation that can be overcome and cfs3 can become round, but I hold no real hopes.

I know all too well the problems encountered when placing a geo-referenced GIS image into a flat square CFS3 theater.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Several years worth of conversation with many folks, including the beta cfs3/4 testers, say that there is no way to make cfs3 round. It is a flat world as we all know when we try place facilities near the outer boarders of a theater and find that the coordinates we use have us 10s of miles away from where we should be. Also, the land masses become very distorted as well as we move away from the center. CFS3 was made flat since at the time and using the game engine they did the programmers could not or were concerned that the manned stations other than the pilot posed problems with the operation of these stations. The entire world is in there it is just flat. A theater can be about 1000 miles square give or take a few miles. It is accurate near the center but becomes distorted as you approach the outer limits. Have you ever noticed what the terrain looks like when you reach the limits of the theater? It is flat with no rivers mountains, lakes etc, why, because it does not exist other than some default landmass which is flat.

Now, I hope that this as it was explained to me was a limitation that can be overcome and cfs3 can become round, but I hold no real hopes.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

WELL TOM THERE WAS A DAY , the earth thought to be flAT, MAYBE you can make change in the world of dimensions ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykyptM4_lbI&feature=fvsr

if you can tom , hobbit will eat his plane