Something I have always wondered...

Thread: Something I have always wondered...

Something I have always wondered...

Can you keep your popups on your VR pit screen so that when you leave that screen and come back they are still there????

I sure hope so. In my VR pit I will bring up say my AP,GPS size and put them where I like em. But every time I go to a ext view, to another screen, come back and have to shift+number or run the menus to get them back.

Somebody tell me its possible.

As far as I know the only way to keep pop-ups open and usable when switching views is to have a second monitor. If they're on the same screen you're flying on, they will disappear once you switch views.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Can you keep your popups on your VR pit screen so that when you leave that screen and come back they are still there???? Somebody tell me its possible.
    Hi JimJam,

Not quite the solution you need, but if you add 'type=special' to the panel window data, it'll remain visible while you switch views... I don't think there's a way to 'bind' specific panel windows to the VC and keep them open though...

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window06]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=155,200
    windowsize_ratio=1.0
    type=special
    position=8
    ident=99
    gauge00=NavOps!Tacan_Indicator, 0, 0, 155, 200

I have the Tacan gauge in Dino's Goshawk visible permanently if I switch views. Shift +7 will still toggle it on and off as before.

Dave.

Learn something new all the time. I had no idea you could do that. I don't need it because I have dual monitors, but it's still good info. Thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Learn something new all the time. I had no idea you could do that. I don't need it because I have dual monitors, but it's still good info. Thanks!
    Pleasure sir! I don't recall where I saw it originally... I don't think it's anywhere in the SDK.

Dave :salute:

Thanks for the replies.

You know how it is. You got the plane where you want it. Pop ups all nice and setup where you want them.......

Then you get the itch to take a look at the outside view or go to another station. Sure clicking on the popups does not take long but after a dozen or so times it gets old.

Is there a keystroke than can be tied in to your HOTAS so you can take that route?