Tempset restoration in NZ?

Thread: Tempset restoration in NZ?

Tempset restoration in NZ?

Awesome news, Naki! It seems hopeful that it will be powered with a Centaurus, which would be great to see - there is a Hawker Tempest under restoration in Texas at Ezell Aviation, which is also an original Centaurus-powered example, but it is being restored with a R-3350, it being this example:

http://www.hawkertempest.se/MW810.htm

This is one of the most recent photos I have of Ezell's Tempest, showing the rear fuselage/tail rather advanced:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

That looks like a nice restoration John....the one heading to NZ looks like a bit more advanced.

Excuse the spelling of the title..have a bit of dyslexia when it comes to typing!

John, you seem to have your ear to the ground with regards the restoration community. Do you have any up to date info on G-TEMT/MW763? It all seems to have gone rather quiet; very disappointing when one of these projects seems to vanish from the radar.
    Andy

Andy, the last info I had on that example was from 2009, and the information actually came from the same page as linked to, so unfortunately I don't know what the where-abouts are on it at this time, and the information presented in the 2010 updates is more than I had last known.

Regarding MW376, although it is a complete airframe and has had restoration work done on it, judging by the photos of the project I wouldn't be surprised (and would rather expect it) to see the aircraft stripped down quite a bit once at Pioneer Aero, and given full ground-up attention, rather than simply carry on with the restoration of the aircraft from the point at where it's at currently, which looks rather rough (I would 'assume' the restoration work on the aicraft by prior owners, was to static-display level).

One of the reasons I say this, is based on the large swath of photos provided on the sale-page for the aircraft, viewable here:
    http://airborneattitude.com/12177.html

Most all owners and restoration companies will want to see an aircraft like this re-finished throughout in fresh primer and fresh paint, and to be assured that all of the parts and hardware throughout the aircraft are to the highest level of airworthy-quality by re-building the aircraft from the ground up - looking better than it left the factory, when completed.

Nelson Ezell's Tempest project is being restored in various sections from the ground-up, but as it isn't a client-based project, work isn't able to be accomplished nearly as fast as other projects.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks for the link John..looks very complete but as you say lots of work to be done.