MilViz 737-200 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MilViz 737-200

I'd like to discuss those very nice looking JANET paints for your 737 with you...
    But first I need you to stare at the little red light on top of this device.

Attachment 62318 :icon_twi:

(Really looking forward to this one, looks great!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I'd like to discuss those very nice looking JANET paints for your 737 with you... :icon_twi:

(Really looking forward to this one, looks great!)

There's been a red stripe 'Janet" 737 in one of the Delta Tech Ops Hangars in Atlanta for the last week. I've seen it a few times while taxiing to 26L, and it appears to be getting a C check.

I had the "People complain about sales in this market and they're doing another 737?" reaction too. But then I saw the shots, and combined with MilViz's usual quality, I'll be picking this up if the price isn't too PMDGish.

Besides, I've always loved the look of the 737-200. (Much more than flying in them, ugh.) You should do a "for fun" model where you throw a giant bubble canopy on top and paint it in an Me-262 scheme! That's what the -100/200 series always looked like to me. "We have to compete with the DC-9, and we don't have time to design a new airliner from scratch!" "Well, we have these captured German plans sitting around... Multiply every number by 8 and put a cockpit in front!"

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    paint it in an Me-262 scheme! That's what the -100/200 series always looked like to me
    Not too far off as the idea to glue the engines without a gap or strut below the wing was taken from the German 262 designers.

A case has been made that Boeing took the general proportions including the wing sweep from the 262. I think the real reason that the pods are tucked closely to the wing has to do with the desire to keep the gear short and the engines fairly close inboard for single engine controllability. This has bit them a bit as the airframe has attempted to grow.

Cheers: T

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Here is the rarest Canadian Arctic 737, Air Inuit new look.
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-I...2674b7aff50326
    Time and time again this poor airline gets passed up by painters.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    There's been a red stripe 'Janet" 737 in one of the Delta Tech Ops Hangars in Atlanta for the last week. I've seen it a few times while taxiing to 26L, and it appears to be getting a C check.
    Give me a heads up next time you're in ATL!

Diego

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Definitely needs representation, a clever yet simple design.

Hmmm...interesting design (and I like it).
    The liveries that will come with the release are already chosen.

However, if I can get a large photo of the bird-pattern, I may consider painting this one after the release

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Give me a heads up next time you're in ATL!

Diego
    You could have some serious neck impairment issues if I were to do that, lol. I'm based there, and my house is about a 20 minute drive down I-85 from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    You could have some serious neck impairment issues if I were to do that, lol. I'm based there, and my house is about a 20 minute drive down I-85 from the airport.
    Ha, pm sent

Jeez, what you do to that poor 737 looks like you flew it thru a phase 1 blow with diamond dust I like the character in that paint.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

.... any hints when this beauty is cleared for departure ??

I'm not going to use the S word, but she's moving along very well!

By the way in curiousness, do any of the MilViz testers have Prepar3D and try to give it a test in Prepar3D?

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    It will absolutely run in P3D
    Excellent!!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Question Weather Radar?

Are you going to add a Weather Radar Indicator/System to the Cockpit? Seems like a big hole to me on the forward part of the Pedestal. Those pilots are gonna be mad if they don't have their radar working come this time of year. I have seen a lot of these cockpits(Canadian/Zip/Canadian North/NWT Air/First Air) and all of them were so equipped. If you need any info I still have all my course manuals and could get it to you if wanted. I worked on these wee beasties quite a bit since 2001 when Air Canada bought out Canadian Airlines. In fact I have seen one of these birds down to only half the skin on the ribs and engineless wings. They took off 4 layers of scab patching above and below the window lines and replaced every thing with new modified skins. That work is called the 'Aloha' mod. to prevent another occurrence of the Aloha Airlines incident.
    Everything I have seen on your model looks great except for that great big blanking plate on the forward pedestal.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by viking3 View Post
    Are you going to add a Weather Radar Indicator/System to the Cockpit? Seems like a big hole to me on the forward part of the Pedestal. Those pilots are gonna be mad if they don't have their radar working come this time of year. I have seen a lot of these cockpits(Canadian/Zip/Canadian North/NWT Air/First Air) and all of them were so equipped. If you need any info I still have all my course manuals and could get it to you if wanted. I worked on these wee beasties quite a bit since 2001 when Air Canada bought out Canadian Airlines. In fact I have seen one of these birds down to only half the skin on the ribs and engineless wings. They took off 4 layers of scab patching above and below the window lines and replaced every thing with new modified skins. That work is called the 'Aloha' mod. to prevent another occurrence of the Aloha Airlines incident.
    Everything I have seen on your model looks great except for that great big blanking plate on the forward pedestal.

Please contact Colin at colin@milviz.com

Regards, Diego

That big blank panel will be filled with a 4" display, fully-functional, Navigraph updatable UNS-1F FMS. Since FSX doesn't actually provide the information necessary to have an actual working weather radar, it would be just a waste of time and effort to even try to code a "reasonably fake radar..." :isadizzy:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Jeez, what you do to that poor 737 looks like you flew it thru a phase 1 blow with diamond dust I like the character in that paint.
    LOL! That livery is a pre-build set of textures that I've been using while working on the model and gauge systems. It is very rough and ready, with very coarse and overdone bump and spec maps...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thumbs up Wx Radar

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    That big blank panel will be filled with a 4" display, fully-functional, Navigraph updatable UNS-1F FMS. Since FSX doesn't actually provide the information necessary to have an actual working weather radar, it would be just a waste of time and effort to even try to code a "reasonably fake radar..." :isadizzy:
    So no radar but a working FMS. It is too bad it can't be done, but a very nice replacement indeed.
    On the line, every year about this time we would get scads of radar snags as the crews would start worrying about thunderstorms. Out here on the Canadian prairies we get some monsters that you REALLY want to avoid.

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Hey, you want to see REAL thunderstorms, come on down here to Texas and Oklahoma area and I'll show you what the real boomers look like! You haven't seen the real ones until you come down here and experience them! Those are the kind that can often drop baseball and softball size hail stones on the ground. Big enough to smash your windshield if one hits your car, or knock you out cold if you're foolish enough to ignore clouds so dark it puts the fear of God into you and commands you to seek shelter now!

Ken