Back to modelling..

Thread: Back to modelling..

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Back to modelling..

I used to built a lot of kits when I was a kid, but most of those are long gone now. However I do get the occasional 'urge' to assemble a kit, and over the last few weeks I've been busy with this Revell 1:35 scale KMW PZH2000. The modelling is done, I just need to find some Dutch decals. The ones in the box are only for German vehicles.

Took a few shots with my cell phone which doesn't bring out the colors well. I've used the Tamiya NATO green/black/brown series for this which look pretty realistic. I know it's not nearly show quality but I do this only for fun and relaxation!

Here it is next to a Tamiya M1A1 Abrams that's at least twenty years old and a Italeri T-55 from a few years ago.

With the gun elevated; they should've called it the BFG in stead of the PZH!:

And something else; an aircraft I've always wanted to do and found on a sale only recently, the Italeri 1/72 Lockheed YF-12A:

Nice kit, but hard to find reference to this particular colorscheme! I had to work with only a few bad photos.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Nice modelling, Ferry! Like the T-55 (got one from ESCI) and the PzH 2000!
    Have you visited Wentink Modelbouw in Arnhem, or Toemen Modelbouw in Den Bosch yet, regarding the decals?
    :salute:

Below (though not the best shots) some quick snapshots of my collection scale 1/35 hidden at my attic for a while:

Attachment 60710 Attachment 60713 Attachment 60711 Attachment 60712

And some (Scale 1/6, 1/72 & 1/144) displayed in my living room:

Attachment 60716 Attachment 60717

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Impressive collection René! Nice stormtrooper too! That AAVP was on my list in the past; might have to take a look around to see if it's available somewhere.. Perhaps I'll make a trip to Overloon in the near future. There a modelshop here in Ede too, but I doubt he has special decals in stock.
    The Italeri T-55 probably is the Ex-ESCI T-55! Not a bad kit from what I remember, and nice surface detail on the cast iron turret. Somewhere in my basement I have a few more kits, including the Tamiya M3 Bradley, M113 (My first military kit) and Sturmtiger and a few aircraft (JSF, Rafale, F-16, SU-32 come to mind).

Like I said, it's all for fun and relaxation these days and I do not plan to start a big collection again! Together with the YF-12 I bought a Revell 1/72 Heinkel He-70 just becasue I love the aircraft (And it was very cheap), but it turned out to be a reproduction of an ancient Matchbox (?) kit. It would have been easier to just throw it away directly and model it directly from the filler! I spent a few hours trying to make something of it but it ended up in the bin.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Nice looking builds, both of you. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that's been bitten by the bug once more. I'm more into 28mm Games Workshop kits as I used to game with them. Once I get my office/man cave up and running I can start up with the 1/72 scale kits too.

Here's a shot of a diorama I built while I was recovering from renal failure around the first of the year. I guess modeling is great hobby when your body is wiped out and you can't do physical stuff. Anyway my 28mm jungle patrol...
    Attachment 61636Attachment 61637Attachment 61638

I have found out the there are some photo-etch 1/35 scale critters already painted, so I'm planning a new diorama adding some wild life to the jungle and making a larger co-ed squad. I may be done with it in about 4 months.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Vintage model plans

If anyones into building vintage models need to have a look at http://www.outerzone.co.uk/ freeflight,rubber powered, rc plenty to chose from. Built a few Rc planes and gliders from scratch and boats all fun and crashed a few. My brother got me hooked on water skiing and wakeboarding and always enjoyed riding motorbikes.