Tried multiplayer since it was easy to do

Thread: Tried multiplayer since it was easy to do

Tried multiplayer since it was easy to do

Once up and flying saw folks popping in and out of the session. Never saw anyone (visually) except for a name floating in the far distance. The pilot of that aircraft also had a speaker that showed up at the bottom of my screen and he was playing some low base music that I had to listen too. What the heck? It was like when you pull up to a stop light and someone has their radio on full with that heavy base rocking the car. I managed to stay on line with this going on and got myself back onto the ground. I was running low on fuel, in fact I was down to 4% left in the tank when i set down at Kona Int. This was one of my first times using this feature flying with others and can see where the fun would be. I also experienced some blurry textures while flying in this mode. Any others tried it yet? Whats up with the speaker thing? I don't fly online like this so do I have an option to turn down someones speaker?

Jim

Friday night I ended up with 14 others in a MP session. A couple started to misbehave, so I expelled them. One was being a real pain, so I hit the chat box and said "say goodbye KinSlayer", went out and dropped him. Came back in and saw his last comment was "huh?" and a couple others were laughing.

You can setup MP sessions to be Private, which is you. Friends, where someone you have added to your friends list can join or Public, where 16 users can be in session.

Hosting is good if your ISP gives you good speed. I don't mind the chatter or inane comments, but if someone gets to be abusive or vulgar or want to crash people they get sent elsewhere.

If you don't want to hear the chatter, change the radio freq. on Nav1 to something else. But if you do want to chat and have a microphone or a headset, if two people (or more) get on the same freq they can talk all they want. Someone else's music I can do without.

Right now MP is a cheep replacement for not having AI in the game. There really is not much of a point to it, as there are no coop missions, and no orginized ATC like a VATSIM. When I fly, I do fly open and public. Every now and then someone comes in and we have a little chat while doing our own thing. I have had fun, island hopping with one guy and we found aerocaches.

I hope MS does something with MP. Its just a mild distraction as it is. I love the radio's though. Im guessing some people will flip the main com channel and wonder why nobody can hear them.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Tried it again tonight and their were good pilots and good conversations and out of control pilots. The airport was insane with planes going everywhere. A few did head up the mountain to the observatory but my stearman Was a little to slow to keep up so I headed along the coast line and found some really cool canyons to fly in. I also had a couple quiet follower close behind but said not a word. It was fun and I need a faster plane.

Jim

RV-6A is a lot faster. Plus it comes with the rest of Hawaii for $20. A lot of people are saying its over-priced, but single aircraft in FSX are $35 and the RV and Maule are modeled almost to the highest standard 3rd party stuff. Its not A2A or Carenado, but ill testify that its at least KCFS quality
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Best is to add any positive online flyers to your friends list. Then at least from time to time, once you've build a nice friends list you can setup just a Friends flight and have fun that way. I guess many people from here only just now setup a Live account so just saying. You don't have to be a friend to be a friend on LIVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]