Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

So far, I really like the terrain graphics in Flight. Still trying to figure things out, but I think it's a keeper.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Landed on a dirt strip and took a walk

Attachment 60231Attachment 60232Attachment 60233

Then took off and landed on a mountaion dirt road with an observatory:

Attachment 60234Attachment 60235

I am liking this FLIGHT more and more

Rick
    nice - have you landed the Ikon offshore and gotten out for a swim yet...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I know this is an FSX thread but I thought that more folks would see this post here
    Mods-If you need to move do so please
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Well I hadn't tried it yet - So I did - landed the Icon off the coast of Maui and got out

call me VJ - Virtual Jesus - because I was walking on water lol...cant do water to wine yet though.
    enter..the Sandman

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Try slamming the throttle forward and then quickly get out of the aircraft before it starts rolling.... Watch it take off on it's own!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The observatories on top of Mauna Kea are nicely modeled. Took a while to get up to 13K feet, but fun. FTX needs to do Hawaii scenery for FSX and add these. I like the scenery in Flight, but the water needs some work and the clouds are a bit dull along with the aircraft. Meaning that the aircraft provided are dull and we need REX for Flight. The rain is too dark, cartoon like, even more so than FSX.

So far I am not hearing 3rd party developers rushing to create new aircraft, so I'm treating Flight as a beta.

From my perspective, if Flight pulls in beginners and out of that experience someone becomes a real pilot or developes the next gen fligh sim, then this is a good thing. FSX 3rd party developers have nothing to worry about.

"So far I am not hearing 3rd party developers rushing to create new aircraft, so I'm treating Flight as a beta. "

Its my understanding that there will be no third party developers .

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    "So far I am not hearing 3rd party developers rushing to create new aircraft, so I'm treating Flight as a beta. "

Its my understanding that there will be no third party developers .
    I could be wrong here, but I believe 3rd party folks had there chance and said no .

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Landed on a dirt strip and took a walk

Attachment 60231Attachment 60232Attachment 60233

Then took off and landed on a mountaion dirt road with an observatory:

Attachment 60234Attachment 60235

I am liking this FLIGHT more and more

Rick
    I did the same thing but on the beach, with my Icon setting in the water . Would have been a great screen shot, but still getting the hang of this thing .

Screen shots ?

Just wondering what you are using to take screen shots . I am really beginning to like Flight . Once you read the manual and learn some of the keys and start exploring some of the hidden goodies it's a lot of fun . Love walking around the fields and airports too . I tried using Snapper which is an excellent freeware snapshot program which works very well in FS9/FSX but couldn't get to work in Flight . I took the bite and added the whole Hawaiian chain of islands and it was really worth it . The ground textures and various objects are excellent .

Screen shots to follow when I find something to take them with . I know you can use the key V but can you take several shots during the same flight session ? I'm not sure where Windows 7(64) stores them either since I have been using Snapper for so long .

I have nothing to base this on , just my humble opinion , but I think Flight is an excellent base to start do to it's excellent texturing and smoothness and I personally think we will probably have some great thinks to look forward to in the future .

Rich

Quick somone kill these guys before they drag others down to the pits of the flight hades!!!!
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Quick somone kill these guys before they drag others down to the pits of the flight hades!!!!
    Ha ha,
    It really isn't that bad for some low 'n' slow in a nice bipe and some pretty scenery and it runs very smoothly on most people's pcs. I'll stick with it for Hawaii and the add-on pack and see how it feels after a few weeks.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

XLR8 some great shots:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Just wondering what you are using to take screen shots . I am really beginning to like Flight . Once you read the manual and learn some of the keys and start exploring some of the hidden goodies it's a lot of fun . Love walking around the fields and airports too . I tried using Snapper which is an excellent freeware snapshot program which works very well in FS9/FSX but couldn't get to work in Flight . I took the bite and added the whole Hawaiian chain of islands and it was really worth it . The ground textures and various objects are excellent .

Screen shots to follow when I find something to take them with . I know you can use the key V but can you take several shots during the same flight session ? I'm not sure where Windows 7(64) stores them either since I have been using Snapper for so long .

I have nothing to base this on , just my humble opinion , but I think Flight is an excellent base to start do to it's excellent texturing and smoothness and I personally think we will probably have some great thinks to look forward to in the future .

Rich
    To take shots I tried the "V" key as FsX and it worked.
    SYSTEM :

They are only playing----the new game for XBox----with the mouse.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Rich
    Look in your image library. You will find a folder called images or photos (in Norwegian Ŧbilderŧ)
    And Yes I suppose that you are able to take several shots

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Michael
    I'm using my joystick Michael and enjoying Flight along side FsX...it won't replace FsX but it's nice and easy...
    SYSTEM :

Only kidding,Roger.
    Enjoy.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Michael
    I actually went to buy Areofly, and they had no copy's in stock . Then after reading about how there are very few features in Areofly (no start/stop motor, click-able cockpit and so on) I realizes that Areofly was more of a game than Flight is . And look at all the people commenting how well Areofly is . Yes I'm as disappointed as many finding out that Fight was not another Flight simulator series .

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm using my joystick Michael and enjoying Flight along side FsX...it won't replace FsX but it's nice and easy...
    Yip, same here .

Its amazing how FS9, FSX and FLIGHT etc. can co-exist on a computer these days.... lol
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

I am enjoying Flight the same way Roger - I didn't have a nice scenery pack for Hawaii in FSX, and I love a good Stearman, Flight gives me both with better frame rates than FSX and I didnt have to buy anything...and I still have FSX

...using my Thrustmaster T16000 twisty stick - good to go right off the bat

when it comes to all the fussing about Flight - I have to wonder if all these folks are using a 30GB hard drive...they make 'em way bigger now -just sayin
    enter..the Sandman

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    I could be wrong here, but I believe 3rd party folks had there chance and said no .
    No true, MS contacted just 2 major MSFS add on 3rd party developers, being these PMDG and ORBX, both declined since the conditions werenīt good in order to sign such a contract, one of the items was that everything should be exclusive to Flight and MS owned the rights, killing any other involvement with previous titles.Because, ladies and gentlemen, Flight uses the same code as FSX, enhanced in some sorts and dumbed down in others, sure, the nomenclatures have changed, but itīs the same platform(MS never hid this fact from anybody), so developing for Flight, shouldnīt be more different than developing for FSX.
    So, currently (and i highly doubt it will ever happen), Flight is a MS ball(or like my wife likes to call, a MS raincoat festival), MS dictates what should be developed, and how it should look, with all the responsibilities of such production in one single company, under the promise of millions of units of DLC per year...Or so the legend goes..
    Did they cut the freeware developer out of the party? so far the did...with no signs of this changing in the future
    Is this a MS payware fest? yup, never mind what you want, they decide for you..
    Will Flight eventually evolve into something we can relate to previous titles? pray for Flightīs current vision demise, iīm sure if things donīt go the MS way, they will eventually listen and do what the crowds want, iīm not crossing my fingers, because even so, they wont look at us as an option(the 3rd party dev).
    Now, sure, Flight is not for everyone, and yes in some way, itīs kinda entertaining, the same way HAWXS is, for me, itīs like an alternate title,
    Best regards

Prowler

I don't understand how MS thought that people would purchase add-ons for Flight instead of buying FSX and downloading all the add-ons they want. The business model doesn't make any sense to me unless the target audience is people who've never heard of FSX. It might work, but I doubt it.