Trim, & Acceleration

Thread: Trim, & Acceleration

Trim, & Acceleration

Mine's a double query. My NUM 1 and 7 keys don't appear to do anything at all as regards trimming my plane. Is there another key input I should be using? And having just flown the 'Resort Supply' run I would have been very pleased to be able to speed things along a little with my 'Y' key that didn't do anything useful either. Am I missing something along the way?
    Any offers, enthusiasts?
    Thank you.

Look in the keyboard and joystick settings and locate the trim commands, you may need to assign keys for those commands.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Pigwiggen View Post
    Mine's a double query. My NUM 1 and 7 keys don't appear to do anything at all as regards trimming my plane. Is there another key input I should be using? And having just flown the 'Resort Supply' run I would have been very pleased to be able to speed things along a little with my 'Y' key that didn't do anything useful either. Am I missing something along the way?
    Any offers, enthusiasts?
    Thank you.

The keys for trim up is HOME and trim down is END so if your num lock is off or on makes a diferance i just use the home and end keys and not the key pad. you have most likly figered this out by know. i use trim up to get to TOC above 2000 ft. and trim down for cruse at 100% throttle. after transition from cruse to slow flight i use trim to maintain KIAS before i get into approch pattern then i just throttle down to decend to the runway. trim is verry cool and most pilots use it for more than hands off. if you know how to fly then just over look my reply.