Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Hybrid View

Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

I will download-Looking forward to it...
    Rick

EDIT: Over at the AVSIM forum they posted some release images of FLIGHT:
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363929-release-images/

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

No longer active
    deleted x-plane 10 and Aerofly FS already......

Will have a look at it--it`s free.
    But i am pretty sure that i will not throw any money in it.
    Love my FSX!
    Michael

Can't wait to try it. I'm testing a new PC. HP Phoenix, Intel Core i7-3960X OC'd to 4.20 GHz, 16GB memory, Nvidia GTX 580, 300GB SSD. Should be fun. Free is good, but it looks like we will have to pay for every little add-on from MS.

I won't, for the following excellent reasons:
    - I know already everything that needs to be known about this product, thanks to what we learned during the beta.
    - the default area, one Hawaiian island, is totally uninteresting.
    - the default planes are totally uninteresting, and I already have a nice Icon A5 and all the bi-planes that I need in FSX, and I can fly them anywhere.
    - the feaures in Flight are totally uninteresting, excepted the new shadow system. I can live without this.

As a consequence, even if it's free, I fail to see why I should waste any HD space for Flight. I'd better PAY to get XPlane 10. At least, that one would bring something to the SIMMERS.

I've got other things planned for tomorrow -- the date only comes around once every four years afterall.
    But I'll be checking the forums for comments of the released version.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Will have a look at it--it`s free.
    But i am pretty sure that i will not throw any money in it.
    Love my FSX!
    Michael
    I revised my mind today after seeing some shots in a german forum.
    The roads are looking so ugly---a no go for me.
    Also i hate to register everywhere.
    No "Flight!" for me.
    Michael

.......NO !

Hank

(drowning already in all sorts of flightsim....flaming cliffs / Black Shark / FS9 .....FSX (99 % )

First impression

I gave it a shot and think it needs more stick time. I flew the intros. I got access to the Stearman. I flew the mountain. I flew the beaches. I landed on dirt strip, farmer's field, runway and water.

The Stearman is nice but Deano's crew will easily surpass it. Nice sounds, squeaks and rumbles, on landings. Landing water effect no better than FSX. Scenery is much better than default FSX.

Got me irritated with control interface, no calibration access that I found. Must be using Windows cal? My Warthog wasn't working as smooth and predictable as in FSX. (Especially for the intro flight)

No TrackIR. Natural Point folks, can you addon? I will bet no.

Honestly, FSX has me spoiled. I expected more from Flight than what I got. This thing by first impression, is not for us "simmers" but more for XBOX style play and children. I said "first impression".

I will give it more time and closer look but expect to uninstall shortly. Doubt anyone will be doing any addons of any kind and its a Microsoft market to themselves. No surprises there! I wish them luck...they are going to need it.

Jim

Charter Member 2016
    Well, I liked it.

....but It's SO limited!?!

I want more! But even if it's coming soon, it isn't here at release, which is a little annoying!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    I gave it a shot and think it needs more stick time. I flew the intros. I got access to the Stearman. I flew the mountain. I flew the beaches. I landed on dirt strip, farmer's field, runway and water.

Jim
    How do you get access to the Stearman?

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    deleted x-plane 10 and Aerofly FS already......
    Thats going a little far! I think Flight will be a good complament to those sims. There are things it cant do (yet) that the others can. Flight is a great GA VFR sim with so ILS/VOR capability. Its a great way to burn a few hours and some AVG.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Charter Member 2016
    likewise. IF it runs as advertised on most everybodys machine, well, then I would love to try it. Hopefully it will have better performance than FSX does on my rig! AND - if we all support it by trying it, then there is a greater chance MS will do something with it!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Meh. I'm pretty happy with FSX, actually. I have an awful lot of OrbX scenery and quality aircraft addons that satisfy my simming needs just fine. I may someday take the plunge, but I'm in the "wait-and-see" camp now.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    I will download-Looking forward to it...
    Rick
    Me too Rick . I will probably add the rest of the Hawaiian Islands as well as I spend quite a bit of time in that area in FSX . The ground textures alone is worth the investment in my humble opinion .
    Really looking forward to it .

Rich