Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
Excellent summary. I definitely agree with you.
I'll also keep a close eye on Flight, just to keep informed about it.

Here however, I have to disagree.
The amount of money spent into a sim is not a good reason to stick with it. With such a philosophy, a simmer who bought a lot of VFR/bush scenery addons and warbirds for FS9 could never enjoy the OrbX sceneries and the Accusim planes in FSX, which is total nonsense.

I have spent a lot of money (well, not as much as some people, but quite a lot for me) in FSX, and if XPlane10 starts to get the kind of realistic addons that I like, then I'll start spending money on that sim. I won't stay with a sim knowing that another sim has more realistic and enjoyable addons.

In the case of Flight, I know that it will not have any addon that could be more realistic and enjoyable than current FSX addons, so I will not switch to that sim. Not until this situation changes.

So you won't fly FSX either then ?
Well when FSX came out, not everyone rushed to get it the first day. Some did. At the time there were many great FS9 addons, and it had and still has life in it. I didn't join the 'dark side' until a few years into FSX's run. By that time, computer hardware that could run it reasonably was more affordable, there were more quality addons, solutions had been devolped for it's quirks. I am saying I won't rush out and jump into Flight when I already have all this great stuff for FSX to enjoy. Give it a few years and I will decide then.