Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Charter Member 2012
    There are some nice touches but so much is missing as a sim. I hunted for ages for the start key - then realised its the "aircraft on" key.

As a game to get kids interested in flying its great but at the moment I cant take it seriously. And certainly wont buy any addons for it.

Its a true? Track IR doesnt work?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2012
    Can anyone find a way of correcting the gamma - either windowed or full screen - without having to alter the whole pc?

I started to download it, but after reading your comments on this thread, stopped it. I'm perfectly happy with FS2004 and intend things to stay that way. With no AI and no TrackIR support, limited scenery and aeroplanes, its not the thing for me!!

Happy Landings,

Martin

If your still flying FS2004, then I doubt Flight is for you!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Though I'm not a Christian there is this line in the bible. I don't know how to translate it into English hehe but it's like try everything and keep the good/best. So I will definitely try this!

Downloading as we type (and contemplate it seems).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    If your still flying FS2004, then I doubt Flight is for you!
    I tried FSX (twice), but as had so much for the older sim and am part of a developer team building FS2004 aeroplanes, have decided to stay with the older simulator. Think 'Flight' appears to be of a game than a decent simulator and can't really see why Microsoft has gone to such effort to produce a product with limited appeal. Most people want to fly over their house, than just one part of the world that they may have only read about or seen on TV.

Like the Eurostar link - have the superb freeware version in FS2004 and what a wonderful LSA it is. Have a lot of time for it, with about 40 hours flying the real thing.

Best wishes,

Martin

Oh well dosen't seem that I'm missing much!
    Tried to install it three times -- I give up - it just freezes on the sart up screen and slows my PC to a crawl
    Go to support page and says I have a problem (no bloody kidding!)

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
    date: 29/02/2012 9:20:13 a.m.
    code: 3E02C428B2D22A
    s: lTCvm04jahMm9Bs771fegQ==
    id: 6f09f773-1ae1-4dc6-b08e-577bf896da15
    req: 8824bfdb-938e-41cb-bacb-b30400404179

I have not had this problem with any addon or game in the past..waste of disc space, bandwidth and time..now deleting for good

Blog Entries
    I beta tested it and wasnt too impressed. Although flight did have better environmental dynamics such as wind, it lacked in many areas, and with the introduction of free base, cash everywhere else, while not being compatible with anything else; having a restricted and closed developer policy, and generally over all being little more than a childs toy; i'm just not interested.
    I instead chose to go in the direction of prepar3D. its produced by a company whos main product is cutting edge aviation products; its backwards compatible with fsx and f9, and the new version 2.0 will have dx11 support; not to mention you can go into space or underwater, add cities towns roads and vehicles ( to drive on the roads ), and it looks almost as good if not as good as anything orbyx puts out, while running faster and more efficiently than fsx. Personally, i feel that with the development thats ongoing at lockheed martin for their P3D product, and the benefits we get out of it, its worth my ten bucks a month.
    Pam

There's no place like FSX!
    There's no place like FSX!

__Attachment 60169

Well, I tried it.
    Tried to keep an open mind too.
    But...

No TrackIR support.
    No Force Feedback.
    Didn't like the flight dynamics.
    Or enough to make me want to spend more on it.

It's good to[LINESTRIKE] be [/LINESTRIKE]stay Home!

Charter Member 2012
    It does make you apprechiate FSX - and im now looking forward even more to Vert Studio's Stearman.

I have now removed FLIGHT from my pc with a feeling of disappointment and relief that it did not cost me anything that time!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    It does make you apprechiate FSX - and im now looking forward even more to Vert Studio's Stearman.

I have now removed FLIGHT from my pc with a feeling of disappointment and relief that it did not cost me anything that time!

Ditto!

My question is can you edit aircraft in Flight just as easily as FSX? Is there something in Flight that is comparable to the aircraft.cfg file that I can edit various and sundry parameters of flight performance, moments of inertia, drag, fuel, power, etc or is it set and stone and you have to live with what the developer programmed whether good or bad? Is there something comparable to a panel.cfg file that I can edit to swap out gauges, change night lighting, add my own and edit existing pop up panels or do we have to live with what the developer created? Will there be scenery design software that will allow me to edit airfields by making runways bigger, longer, clear out autogen items to do so, make the ramp just slightly bigger so I can fly my old favorite classic JT8D powered airliners into many smaller fields that would never see them in the real world. Can I add ILS to airfields that don't already have it? Will there be an extensive scenery objects library in the scenery design program that will allow me to choose from many styles of hangers, FBO's etc to add to an airfield? We can do all of this with FS9 and FSX. If it wont be a possibility at all with Flight then I say no thanks, goodbye and good riddance to Flight. If in fact they are planning it this way then I will try Flight. Oh, and one other thing, if each little scenery area and each add on aircraft is gonna cost fifty bucks and I have to spend ten grand to finally getthe whole world covered with scenery and finally have something comparable to what I have in FSX then I don't say no to flight, I say Hell No.

The answer is very simple: No.

François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Will have a look at it--it`s free.
    But i am pretty sure that i will not throw any money in it.
    Love my FSX!
    Michael
    I revised my mind today after seeing some shots in a german forum.
    The roads are looking so ugly---a no go for me.
    Also i hate to register everywhere.
    No "Flight!" for me.
    Michael

.......NO !

Hank

(drowning already in all sorts of flightsim....flaming cliffs / Black Shark / FS9 .....FSX (99 % )

Members +
    .Installed the Free FLIGHT.....added all of Hawaii...Got some new planes...Been cleaning up the thing...making it look and feel not like a Game,but a Flight Sim.Lots of options to explore....Currently trying to get All of off my CH ,USB YOKE and USB PEDALS.to its fullest capability's....I do have basic control as of now...my impression is that HAWAII is beautiful...the PLANES fly well...and Mostly is great fun!...emphasis s on FUN!.......".Flight" ,with almost minimal l in put,with additions provides great,Again...FUN!....I welcome this great GAME....Already I have been exploring Hawaii...stationed at FORD FIELD.....Highly Recommended!...a 4 STAR Addition....My thoughts and Experiences today..the First day of FLIGHT!.for me?? fits well with my FS9,and FSX!..The more the merrier!!

Gotta tell ya..woke up early ,D/L the thing..and still having fun..like On Christmas morn..Opening new toys....CHEERS MEN...HAVE FUN!!......!..

NO, it doesn't impressed me at all...

First impression

I gave it a shot and think it needs more stick time. I flew the intros. I got access to the Stearman. I flew the mountain. I flew the beaches. I landed on dirt strip, farmer's field, runway and water.

The Stearman is nice but Deano's crew will easily surpass it. Nice sounds, squeaks and rumbles, on landings. Landing water effect no better than FSX. Scenery is much better than default FSX.

Got me irritated with control interface, no calibration access that I found. Must be using Windows cal? My Warthog wasn't working as smooth and predictable as in FSX. (Especially for the intro flight)

No TrackIR. Natural Point folks, can you addon? I will bet no.

Honestly, FSX has me spoiled. I expected more from Flight than what I got. This thing by first impression, is not for us "simmers" but more for XBOX style play and children. I said "first impression".

I will give it more time and closer look but expect to uninstall shortly. Doubt anyone will be doing any addons of any kind and its a Microsoft market to themselves. No surprises there! I wish them luck...they are going to need it.

Jim

Charter Member 2016
    Well, I liked it.

....but It's SO limited!?!

I want more! But even if it's coming soon, it isn't here at release, which is a little annoying!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Well, after reading all these comments I'll stay away from it, at least in this stage of it's evolution (_if_ there is one).
    FSX and Prepar3D have so much to offer.

As the saying goes, loosely translated: The dog has barked, and the caravan moves on.

Cheers,
    Mark

Being on a tight budget... age/health/family..whine, whine ... a was anticipating a low cost, fun "Flight" system.... So far, one Hawaiian island and a couple a/c are free, anything else costs, where will the cost end? If I want to fly the Canadian bush or Swiss alps... when and how much? Early reports from beta testers touted the free/low cost, ease of operation and, beautiful scenery... a typical reaction of being "chosen" to beta test and given a free set up I reckon. Like many, I'm not impressed, that may change one day, there's always hope.

For those who enjoy it, have fun!

P

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    I gave it a shot and think it needs more stick time. I flew the intros. I got access to the Stearman. I flew the mountain. I flew the beaches. I landed on dirt strip, farmer's field, runway and water.

Jim
    How do you get access to the Stearman?

Charter Member 2012
    you have to do the first few training missions first

Found it. As mentioned, do the two missions, then look in the 'Hanger'