Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Excellent summary. I definitely agree with you.
    I'll also keep a close eye on Flight, just to keep informed about it.

Here however, I have to disagree.
    The amount of money spent into a sim is not a good reason to stick with it. With such a philosophy, a simmer who bought a lot of VFR/bush scenery addons and warbirds for FS9 could never enjoy the OrbX sceneries and the Accusim planes in FSX, which is total nonsense.

I have spent a lot of money (well, not as much as some people, but quite a lot for me) in FSX, and if XPlane10 starts to get the kind of realistic addons that I like, then I'll start spending money on that sim. I won't stay with a sim knowing that another sim has more realistic and enjoyable addons.

In the case of Flight, I know that it will not have any addon that could be more realistic and enjoyable than current FSX addons, so I will not switch to that sim. Not until this situation changes.

So you won't fly FSX either then ?
    Well when FSX came out, not everyone rushed to get it the first day. Some did. At the time there were many great FS9 addons, and it had and still has life in it. I didn't join the 'dark side' until a few years into FSX's run. By that time, computer hardware that could run it reasonably was more affordable, there were more quality addons, solutions had been devolped for it's quirks. I am saying I won't rush out and jump into Flight when I already have all this great stuff for FSX to enjoy. Give it a few years and I will decide then.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free, yes.

Plus 43 Euros if you want to fly over TWO islands with a grand total of 4 aircraft ! :ernae:
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

....... on an XBox360 .
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Out a day early

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

I will Down load it and fly it for the weekend with a few buddies, but honestly, fs9 and fsx are keeping me more the busy with 5 new releases coming out , 3 for fsx alone... I honestly can tell you I just don't have time to fly flight. I hope the title dose very well, but as for now, if I cant build any thing for it I kinda don't have too much time for it.
    I like to share my creations and soon I will be almost freeware, so if I cant build a kick ass plane for it to share with my friends in the community then I wont be supporting it much. Sorry to say that but the "fun" for me is the designing, and fs9 and fsx just keeps a smile on my face in the designing end of things.

I hope Flight dose well.

Tom Wood
    Lead Designer.
    Cr1-Software, Home of high quality flight simulation Add ons.
    "Let The Good Times Fly"
    Cr1-Software
    www.cr1-software.com

Over at the AVSIM forum they posted some release images of FLIGHT:
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363929-release-images/

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

No cockpit view in the mustang. External model only....................WTF.

Well the exterior of the MS-Flight Mustang is someone's dream/imagination anyway - they must not have used much, if any, actual resource material for it, let alone push any boundaries with the textures/materials...you can get far better, with a bit more money (even less, soon), in FSX.

Curiosity has got the better of me when it comes to the base/program...it's free after all...should be nice for some Stearman flights around the big island of Hawaii, I should think. ; )

It holds zero interest for me.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

[QUOTE=Bomber_12th;687744]Well the exterior of the MS-Flight Mustang is someone's dream/imagination anyway - they must not have used much, if any, actual resource material for it, let alone push any boundaries with the textures/materials...you can get far better, with a bit more money (even less, soon), in FSX.QUOTE]

Haha when I read what your wrote I thought yes what about the Warbirdsim Mustang and then I realised who wrote it...

For me MS Flight will be installed but will be a fun thing for the kids to play with and I won't be buying any addons....UNLESS it evolves and includes NZ, detailed airports for NZ, more aircraft and NZ AI etc.

Tried it, and not impressed. It really is an arcade game, unless I missed something?

No interest whatsoever.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

I played the beta, and it was pretty good...it was a beta . Its not FSX, but its something new . From what I have seen the addons are pretty cheap (the whole island of Hawaii-less than $20 bucks and a couple of planes $8 to &10 bucks each). I was going for Areofly but from my friends opinion its more of a game than Flight is . Plus what I would spend on Areofly $50+, I can start with Flight .

For sure, I will take a free version to see it but without a pressure.

I'll Install, see it, take some , maybe more, , or again something more . Will be very peaceful, maybe I will like it in this time. I will take a credit card, cant read digits so cant buy something. Morning I will not see what I did, I'll take uninstall option of unknown programm, it doesnt look like FSX icon.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just looked at the prices for the UK, OUCH! someone at MS forgot to do any currency conversion. Wouldnt be so bad if I could fly around the globe on adventures and generally do as I please, but £10 for an aircraft limited in realism that I can only use around one island unless I shell out what seems to be £15-20 for new small patches for terrain or new 'missions' at the £15 range

Me thinks for UK types, FSX and FS9, XPlane or even Prepared3D fully modded is going to end up cheaper than a 'free' sim in no time at all.

Still its new and as a flight simmer, ill get it downloaded at some point and give it a whirl.

I'll pass... :mixedsmi:

Instead I'll take delivery of my brand new Canon 5D Mark II. That is a whole lot more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    deleted x-plane 10 and Aerofly FS already......
    Thats going a little far! I think Flight will be a good complament to those sims. There are things it cant do (yet) that the others can. Flight is a great GA VFR sim with so ILS/VOR capability. Its a great way to burn a few hours and some AVG.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Question about Free FLight ?

Just downloaded . May seem like a stupid question but is there such a think a "Free Flight" or is it all mission oriented ? Wouldn't mind having the entire Hawaiian chain if I could fly free flight around the islands . Maybe I missed something in the options . I didn't think the ground textures were bad at all . If you like ROF (Rise of Flight) , you probably would enjoy Microsoft Flight .

Rich

im gunna wait i think

looks nice, but i dont think it will suite me at all

Yes there is "free flight" but you MUST finish the first two Icon missions (intro, and wedding party) to access the free flight map. I think its stupid they did this, but you learn a lot about Flight in those two training missions.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Already uninstalled it....you'll know what I mean when you get to that point. No need for me to explain...you'll find out soon enough.

I have it installed now. Not too impressed with it. See my post in the Flight thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    I have it installed now. Not too impressed with it. See my post in the Flight thread.
    its fun, free and runs great on my rig...it has free flight, great lighting...the missions arent bad - not my thing but not hateful the way some have described.

and I didn't have to uninstall FSX or surrender my man card or any of that - Flight is OK and cheers to M/S Flight Crew for releasing it a day early.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I'll pass... :mixedsmi:

Instead I'll take delivery of my brand new Canon 5D Mark II. That is a whole lot more exciting!
    You mean you're not saving for the 3500 mark III ? hehe
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Just downloaded . May seem like a stupid question but is there such a think a "Free Flight" or is it all mission oriented ? Wouldn't mind having the entire Hawaiian chain if I could fly free flight around the islands . Maybe I missed something in the options . I didn't think the ground textures were bad at all . If you like ROF (Rise of Flight) , you probably would enjoy Microsoft Flight .

Rich

Tried it. You have to pass the first 2 flight tests before you get to free flight. It is arcade like in all aspects. Very disappointing. yes, the ground textures were OK like ROF, but the water was awful, and the clouds marginal at best. Fun for novices. I don't see REX, Carenado, A2A coming to Flight anytime soon.