Can't get the MOS editor to work

Thread: Can't get the MOS editor to work

Can't get the MOS editor to work

I can't get the MOS editor to work on my XP box or my Win7 box. I keep getting the message "Please ensure you have Managed DirectX 9 or greator installed" or "Please ensure you have DirectX 9 or greator installed". I have downloaded and installed the "DirectX June2010 Redistribution" package and the "dxmanaged.msi" from Microsoft on both computers and I still get the same messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.

That is a common complaint! The procedure (in XP) is to first install the .NET framework from MS - the CFS Insider site says version 1.1 but I have a later one (3.x?) and it still works fine. Second, install (or reinstall) DirectX 9.0c. Third run mdxredist.msi and you should then be able to run the .MOS editor.

Note that there are two versions of the editor, one in the Aircraft and Vehicle SDK and the other in the Terrain SDK: the version in the Terrain SDK is slightly better - it actually has a help file, such as it is.

Gecko reports the .MOS editor also runs in Win7, and I'd think the process will be the same, although my Win7 already has .NET installed. You also have to install DirectX 9.0c in Win7.

If I remember to do it I'll have a go at installing the editor soon - I'm trying to have all my development stuff in Win7 now.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 1