What is the best Phantom at the moment for FSX

Thread: What is the best Phantom at the moment for FSX

What is the best Phantom at the moment for FSX

What is the best option for a good Phantom for FSX, I know eventually A2A will get around to it but that will be a long way off and was wondering what my options are at the moment

Cheers
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Charter Member 2015
    There aren't any native FSX versions so you'll need to make do with a portover.

Freeware: There's the Alphasim/Virtavia packs
    Payware: There's the IRIS FG1/FGR2 UK (Spey engined) variants, Cloud9's excellent F-4E (needs the gauges swapped and some animations don't work) and AFS' offering
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Well it seems to be either the freeware or Cloud9 as the Iris phantoms don't seem to exist anymore

Thanks for the answer :salute:

Agree jeansy, my prime Phlyer in FS9 was the C9, but read on here it didn't port well. I selected the AS/Virt RF-4 from pack 3, ports right in, although the FDE needs major work in FSX. Another freeware port is the K. Ito model, over at Simviation.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

How I wish A2A were faster on their F-4 Accusim developments...

There is word over at UKMIL that there F-4 may be done in 2013 .

If you can find the Iris Phantoms, they work really well in FSX because they were sold to work in FSX. May not have all the bells and whistles of the latest payware, but they sure look and fly nice.

Regards,

LT1

This is a link to Virtavia's freeware site......http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/in...ate&dir=%2FUSA
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Attachment 60153Attachment 60154

Trying my hand at uploading pictures. Here are two shots of the IRIS Phantoms GF.1 and FGR.2

Regards,

LT1

Dharris - thats what I am using at the moment, found a couple of packages on flightsim and it seems OK, no HUD in the VC but the rest seems to work

1970LTI - they look cool but I can't find them anywhere for sale so it seems I am stuck with the Virtavia versions

Members who have read this thread: 2