Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 16
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

If I were to purchase this tonight....would the installer include the SP1 beta?

Correct me if I'm wrong (other Milviz staff) but I do not believe so.

You can snag the Service Pack (Beta) from this link: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1566

We'll have a new F1 installer very soon which will have the service pack implemented.

You won't be disappointed! I guarantee it!

Diego

Just heard from the boss.

You can purchase the aircraft, then find the SP in this link: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1566

Keep in mind the SP is in beta as we're currently waiting for a few more tiny things and for the F1 installer to be built.

All the best, Diego

Thanks Diego, but in the meantime I am back from the trip in and out of Nellis. Here is a picture of my return.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Tom,

I see you came back Winchester...you didn't start your flight with an empty payload did you?

Can we get a BDA?

Regards, Diego

Heck no I didn't start Winchester!! I had a full load of just about everything. I was jumped by a couple of F-16 Red Flag aggressors which I had to dispose of then on to the range for some bombing practice. We parked this baby and headed downtown to New York New York for a pastrami sandwich and a beer. She is great fun. Seriously I have to read the manual over several times this weekend to get a start on all the systems. Good job.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Ian,

Please check your Sim Outhouse PM. I have sent you a PM with information from Colin Pearson.

Cheers,

Ken
    Hi Ken,
    I've just responded to your request, now I’m of to download the Service packbeta!<o></o>

<o> </o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.

I downloaded the beta, much better plane to fly than before... but I dont like the new burners...now this plane may take the spot of my joyful little T-38A for a while...nice work guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    ... but I dont like the new burners...
    I saw something in the Beta testers forum on the burners, and they're working on them.

Blog Entries
    Just completed a quick circuit of Comox, British Columbia, Canada, and I have to say this “new”model is now superb, the best military jet since Cloud 9’s F4 Phantom for FS9.Well done MILVIZ!<o></o>
    I’m now off to the Welsh Snowdonia valleys for some low flying.<o></o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.

I am REALLY on the fence here...

...And no, I am not trying to stir a pot. I am trying to determine the best spending of my hard-earned $$ for a strike eagle. The competition's aircraft is about to be released. I own a number of their addons. They are decent. However, one of, if not the best new military aircraft to be added to my hangar in the last year...was the Milviz T-38. I absolutely LOVE it! That being said, I assume that this E model has been given the 'treatment' so to speak...can I expect that it falls in line with the same attention to detail and completeness? I do not want to purchase a half finished aircraft, nor do I want to be subjected to numerous service packs, etc. I want to buy it, read the manuals, and go out and bomb sh#t. So, a few questions regarding functionality: Does it work with ezdok camera, saitek panels, and track ir? I do not want to make any assumptions. I do not expect it to be fully compatible with everything, but has it been tested with more than just a joystick? I have been more than impressed by the talon, but having two developers that I have purchased products from produce the same bird kinda puts me between a consumer 'rock-and-a-hard-place'. Maybe I will buy both, and just delete whichever doesn't cut the mustard....boy this is an expensive hobby....
    Matt

Hey Felix,

I am going to give you my complete honest answer. First I'd like to say I plan on purchasing the Iris F-15E. No one can deny that thing looks amazing. Now if weapons and systems are your thing, look no further than the Milviz F-15E. How does guided air to air and air to ground munitions sound to you? And I'm not just talking put the plane in the HUD and fire. Our bird can do BVR air to air combat. We have simulated all the radar modes to the T. Got the coordinates of that pesky bridge? Set it as a waypoint or input the data into the UFC, drop a GBU-12/GBU-38, whatever you want...bridge no more. Feel like firing an AGM-65? Just slew the seeker in the HUD to your desired target, lock, and fire away. Running low on fuel? Call up the tanker, (which actually pops up and has a functional boom), get your gas, and go kill more targets! Now not to stir anything up, but as I've said, if it's the systems you're into, look no further than Milviz. And don't get me wrong, ours is not lacking in the eye-candy category either. I think you will also find our sounds to be incredible. I nearly jumped out of my seat after hearing the new sounds on my first takeoff with the SP. With regards to track-ir and ez-dock, you're in luck. They both work great!

Speaking of SP's, don't let the past few weeks diminish your thoughts on future SP's. We are currently finishing final testing (one of our coders is sick), and once everything is good, we'll have a new installer ready for you. And don't forget the 30 day money back guarantee.

I really feel like I have ranted enough, if anything, just give ours a chance, you can always get your money back if you're not happy with it.

If you wish to talk nitty gritty details, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell phone number, that way we can have a more detailed conversation.

All the best, Diego

edit: I almost forgot, we had a real USAF F-15E IP test our bird out, he had nothing but good things to say, and we took all his critiques to mind in our SP.

edit2: having now owned both aircraft, I think it's safe to say you should get both! Each has it's strong points, and I see myself flying both regularly. Seeing as how you have and enjoy the T-38A, I know you'll be happy with the Milviz F-15E

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Any news on the new installer, Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Hey Felix,

I am going to give you my complete honest answer. First I'd like to say I plan on purchasing the Iris F-15E. No one can deny that thing looks amazing. Now if weapons and systems are your thing, look no further than the Milviz F-15E. How does guided air to air and air to ground munitions sound to you? And I'm not just talking put the plane in the HUD and fire. Our bird can do BVR air to air combat. We have simulated all the radar modes to the T. Got the coordinates of that pesky bridge? Set it as a waypoint or input the data into the UFC, drop a GBU-12/GBU-38, whatever you want...bridge no more. Feel like firing an AGM-65? Just slew the seeker in the HUD to your desired target, lock, and fire away. Running low on fuel? Call up the tanker, (which actually pops up and has a functional boom), get your gas, and go kill more targets! Now not to stir anything up, but as I've said, if it's the systems you're into, look no further than Milviz. And don't get me wrong, ours is not lacking in the eye-candy category either. I think you will also find our sounds to be incredible. I nearly jumped out of my seat after hearing the new sounds on my first takeoff with the SP. With regards to track-ir and ez-dock, you're in luck. They both work great!

Speaking of SP's, don't let the past few weeks diminish your thoughts on future SP's. We are currently finishing final testing (one of our coders is sick), and once everything is good, we'll have a new installer ready for you. And don't forget the 30 day money back guarantee.

I really feel like I have ranted enough, if anything, just give ours a chance, you can always get your money back if you're not happy with it.

If you wish to talk nitty gritty details, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell phone number, that way we can have a more detailed conversation.

All the best, Diego

edit: I almost forgot, we had a real USAF F-15E IP test our bird out, he had nothing but good things to say, and we took all his critiques to mind in our SP.

edit2: having now owned both aircraft, I think it's safe to say you should get both! Each has it's strong points, and I see myself flying both regularly. Seeing as how you have and enjoy the T-38A, I know you'll be happy with the Milviz F-15E
    Regarding sounds, do you get that little whistle/chirp as the throttles are tweaked on approach, hear it every time at Lakenheath when they alter the throttle on approach.....Reminds me, must get back there with my new lens and grab some more shots!, I paid enough $$ for it so it'd better perform!.

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Regarding sounds, do you get that little whistle/chirp as the throttles are tweaked on approach, hear it every time at Lakenheath when they alter the throttle on approach.....Reminds me, must get back there with my new lens and grab some more shots!, I paid enough $$ for it so it'd better perform!.
    I know the sound you're talking about, and F-16's make the same sound when the power gets jockeyed, also. It's a cool sound, but not one I've heard in the Milviz sound pack. I haven't heard it in the Aerosoft F-16 sound files, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    I know the sound you're talking about, and F-16's make the same sound when the power gets jockeyed, also. It's a cool sound, but not one I've heard in the Milviz sound pack. I haven't heard it in the Aerosoft F-16 sound files, either.
    Not heard it on F-16s, mind not many of them around here, but the F-15 is distinctive, you know when they're about to roll, a slight raise in exhaust noise, then the chirp and then bam your assaulted with take off power .

Should be a youtube of it somewhere, no time to search now though.

It was one of the most distinctive sounds back when I used to travel to Red Flag excercises at Nellis with friends...both the vipers and the eagles made that sound as they would roll out on final and make the slight power adjustments...kinda like a 'weeet weet wooot weet'...very cool sound, and I would love to have that little detail in an FSX fighter such as the strike eagle or viper...
    Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Air to air, and air to ground tutorials for the Milviz F-15 hot off the press. Hope those that opted to try the SP1b are having fun with it as well! Looking forward to bringing more good stuff in the not so distant future.

Air to air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyYdt...EFhSDVa0W9QchP

Air to ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveFu...Fr85iWkPgfZ2cm
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

any FSX aircraft have it?

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Not heard it on F-16s, mind not many of them around here, but the F-15 is distinctive, you know when they're about to roll, a slight raise in exhaust noise, then the chirp and then bam your assaulted with take off power .

Should be a youtube of it somewhere, no time to search now though.
    is this unknown in FSX or is there an aircraft that has it, can we add it to sound files?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    It was one of the most distinctive sounds...kinda like a 'weeet weet wooot weet'...very cool soundr...
    Lol. Yeah, that's it. Then, there was that sound the S-3 Viking made...now that wuz something to hear. "weet weeet Hoooover weet weet HOOOVER weet woooot HOOOVER"

Lol. Sorry, I got a little carried away there. I spent a summer on the beach in Coronado after graduating from high school. Those Vikings were always overhead.

To me the S-3 signature sound was a "whoop-whoop" sort of thing. I had them going over my head daily at work across the channel from NASNI back in their day.
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    To me the S-3 signature sound was a "whoop-whoop" sort of thing. I had them going over my head daily at work across the channel from NASNI back in their day.

Yeah, there was plenty of whoop whoop in there too. As they swooped down over the beach to land at North Island (about 100 to 300 ft overhead), they were very very aggressive with jockying the power.

We are, after all, talking about the same place.

I'm late to this thread but I think this is the sound your are talking about ... and the Iris version has it.
    Listen at the 1:30 mark on this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfNeAr8ix10

at 3:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25a9N...eature=related

Has the installer been fixed so that you can run it without doing any fixing of dll's and stuff? I just want to load and fly.....is that possible yet?

Blog Entries
    Has the Service Pack been released yet, or are we still running on the Beta?

Ian.