A little help needed with carriers

Thread: A little help needed with carriers

G'day all

With the release of the Grummans, I thought I wouldn't be doing them justice unless I had a go at some carrier ops. I've got car2006 installed and rcbco20 up and running (at least at the tffg test area), but I'm having a little trouble associating rcbco and the carriers. I'm assuming its to do with entering the carrier arrestor and catapult zones in the .ini file, but I'm not sure where the data is to put in there. If anyone could give me a little direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Az

Hi Az,
    Re the rcbco20 you are right you do have to put the zones in the ini files which should be in the main FS9 gauges folder. All you have to do is double click on the ini to open it and type/paste the relevant info' in.
    This is a blank version of the arrestor zone entry; just copy it in to the ini, type in the location/height/heading details, always remembering to amend the Zone number at the top with each new entry, (00, 01, 02 etc), save and you're all done. Carrier Ident can be anything you want i.e Ark Royal Gibraltar or Nimitz San Diego etc. What you put in here will appear on the "ball" window list so put in something that will make it easy to find.

[Zone00]
    CarrierIdent=
    FrontRightCornerLat=
    FrontRightCornerLon=
    FrontLeftCornerLat=
    FrontLeftCornerLon=
    BackLeftCornerLat=
    BackLeftCornerLon=
    BackRightCornerLat=
    BackRightCornerLon=
    RunwayHeadingInDegreesMag=
    DeckAltInFeet=

You do the same for the catapult zones or if you want to make life a bit easier just paste this into the catapult zones ini, (after deleting all existing entries), and it will work anywhere in the world, on land or sea. It saves a lot of time and I really don't think it's cheating as the difficult bit is getting back on to the ship and not getting off it.

[Config]

CourseTolerance=180

[Zone48]
    CarrierIdent=NO ZONE CHECK
    FrontRightCornerLat=89
    FrontRightCornerLon=179
    FrontLeftCornerLat=89
    FrontLeftCornerLon=-179
    BackLeftCornerLat=-89
    BackLeftCornerLon=-179
    BackRightCornerLat=-89
    BackRightCornerLon=179
    RunwayHeadingInDegreesMag=0
    DeckAltInFeet=0

I think there is limit of 49 arrestor zone entries so bear that in mind if you're covering the planet in carriers.

Hope the above helps. If anything needs clarification or you need any other info' I 'd be happy to help.

Good luck.

Regards,

Alan

Members who have read this thread: 0