Milton's SOH Team Grummans Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton's SOH Team Grummans Released

Milton's SOH Team Grummans Released

Hey Milton - next time you release something, don't bury the news at the bottom of 1,600+ posts!

For anyone that hasn't got them yet (why not!? ), here's a link to the downloads:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&sort=d
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Very nice Grumman C1A, it handles beautifully. Nice looking out the left at that big radial pulling along at a very nice clip. Going to have to try out that Tracker.

Thanks for such a nice Grumman. You guys did a very fine job on this one.

P.S. - Very well done animation of the crew too, they look like they are communicating with each other as well as observing. Looks natural and very real.

And - Those engine sounds are GREAT Nigel!

I love 'em. They're all I've flown since they were released!

Did want to point one small thing, if I might...

During the time of the blue paint scheme, the C-1A was still called the TF-1. Also, VF-24 was out of Port Lyautey (transferred from RAF Hendon in 1950) and detached to Naples when the TF-1's started coming in during 1955; NAS Sigonella wasn't opened until 1959.

No flaming intended (God knows there's enough of THAT going on in flight sim these days!) -- just a respectful correction.

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Wow! Very cool stuff. Can't wait to try these guys out.

I have been inovolved with this one for some time, but of the many outstanding items in the kit, Nigels sound set really helps give a feel of the aircraft.

T

Charter Member 2011
    Yeah! Once you've gotten out of the startup smoke (boy, does it smoke) there's a great little aural surprise as the engine beat settles into the warmed-up note.
    Nice touch, Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I have been inovolved with this one for some time, but of the many outstanding items in the kit, Nigels sound set really helps give a feel of the aircraft.

T
    Tom,

I am very happy that you have pulled us through on the many flight models for both FSX and FS9. Doing both is yeomen's duty, but doing both for 5 aircraft is dedication beyond the call of duty. All the reports back have praised these flight models. Thank you so much!

Nigel's sounds are just different, and really do give you that sense of "settling in". The changes in th eprop and engines sounds through the flight envelop are very impressive.

Then cap that off with the awesome textures on all the aircraft and you have a very sweet package. Thanks to mgr, johnh_049, Snurdley, Duckie, and tankerguy72, and Matt for kicking it all off only to be side-tracked with computer issues.

Thanks to Scott Thomas for the panel and gauge setup ... lots of tedious work in building all the textures, gauges, bmps, and code for the 5 panel areas plus the 2D cockpit and popups.

And guess what, there is more to come for the S2Turbine variants from tankerguy72, Lazerbeak, and ferondoe, plus Nigel's all new sound set for those engines. Hang on for a few more weeks on these.

Thanks everyone for your support and and help to get this project in "Gold status".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Yeah! Once you've gotten out of the startup smoke (boy, does it smoke) there's a great little aural surprise as the engine beat settles into the warmed-up note.
    Nice touch, Nigel.
    I love that start up smoke! It's just right in getting those cold engines warmed up after sitting with so much oil seeped past the rings. Takes a bit to burn off the oil and get some heat into those monsters.

What is really fun to do and watch is crank up the left engine using the VC starter switch and cycle quickly to front quarter spot view and watch and wait while that engine gets warmed up and settle down to idle, ....then jump back into the VC to hit the right engine switch and jump back out and watch standing by with the fire bottles. That is so cool!

Yes, very cool indeed. Nigel did the extra smoke thing for us. That man can do anything I believe. :-)

I wanted to add the slow cranking engine effect that we used for the A26B Invader, and did, but took it out once Nigel had the excellent cranking sounds ready. It's just a shame we can't have the slow cranking and the excellent sounds for startup.

Also, if I recall correctly, parts of that would not work in FSX.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

well having just discharged myself from hospital (Had a minor meniscopy yesterday at around 1500GMT, still got 90% or so of meniscus) it's time for me to break out the spray guns and do an 'Outhouse Scheme'

to all the team.... well done, beers on me :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Yes, very cool indeed. Nigel did the extra smoke thing for us. That man can do anything I believe. :-)

I wanted to add the slow cranking engine effect that we used for the A26B Invader, and did, but took it out once Nigel had the excellent cranking sounds ready. It's just a shame we can't have the slow cranking and the excellent sounds for startup.

Also, if I recall correctly, parts of that would not work in FSX.
    If you change the normalized starter torque to = 0.020 the engine will turn over a couple times before firing. And changing propeller moi to = 42.0 makes the prop stop at the same time as the shut down sound. Just makes it look a little more realistic for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If you change the normalized starter torque to = 0.020 the engine will turn over a couple times before firing. And changing propeller moi to = 42.0 makes the prop stop at the same time as the shut down sound. Just makes it look a little more realistic for what it's worth.
    I've adjusted those values on several recip's to get better start up and shut down visuals. With starter torque you just need enough to spin the engine to 500 rpm in order to get it fired up in MS FlightSims.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Try the startup effect on the F7F, it looks much better as the smoke is blown back rather than slowly drifting back.

THX for the link Tom ! Didn't know that is released....

Andi

Charter Member 2011

No Screens in this Thread!

Soon fix that... that hinge is a work of art, eh?

Thank you Duckie, very nicely done

And it flies very well, thanks Mr. Fliger sir.

Hey Wing_Z, beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    ... Thank you Duckie, very nicely done
    Thanks W_Z. Great shots, all. Looks like it's in very capable hands!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Just wanted to reference users to the other thread where fixes were posted in posts # 1669 and 1670:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Tracer/page112
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good evening Milton's team,
    I can't tell you how grateful I am as the Tracker is one of my favourite aircraft of all time!!! Fantastic 3D model and panel, FPS friendly, stunning sounds and flight model... nothing's missing on this award winner!!!
    What could I ask for? Well... if I could I would ask for a Netherlands Navy repaint (as I don't know how to do it myself unfortunately!) to suit the superb R81 "Karel Doorman" aircraft carrier which comes with wonderful animations (working meatball, marshallers...) and available at avsim.com (file: r81r8-v10.zip)... BTW this ship was created by someone I think you know: Marcel Ritzema!
    Many thanks again to you all, best regards,

Stéphane.

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Good evening Milton's team,
    I can't tell you how grateful I am as the Tracker is one of my favourite aircraft of all time!!! Fantastic 3D model and panel, FPS friendly, stunning sounds and flight model... nothing's missing on this award winner!!!
    What could I ask for? Well... if I could I would ask for a Netherlands Navy repaint (as I don't know how to do it myself unfortunately!) to suit the superb R81 "Karel Doorman" aircraft carrier which comes with wonderful animations (working meatball, marshallers...) and available at avsim.com (file: r81r8-v10.zip)... BTW this ship was created by someone I think you know: Marcel Ritzema!
    Many thanks again to you all, best regards,

Stéphane.
    Thank you Stéphane :-)

All the team members did excellent work, and, there is more to come. Hang tight!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Radios Issues Final Fix

Here is the final correction to the radio frequency selection issues.

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1=1
    Com.1=1, 0
    Com.2=1, 0
    Nav.1=1, 0, 1
    Nav.2=1, 0, 0
    Adf.1=1
    Transponder.1=1

I will be updating the lights issue soon with a panel update upload.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

AutoPilot Fix

The auto pilot on the center console, although hard to use pitch and aileron trim settings, did not work correctly due to a conflict in the aircraft.cfg Autopilot section.

To get the pitch trim to work correctly, remove these two lines in conflict:

[autopilot]
    autopilot_available=1
    flight_director_available=0
    default_vertical_speed=1600.0
    autothrottle_available=0
    pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000
    use_no_default_bank=0
    use_no_default_pitch=0
    default_pitch_mode=0 //remove
    default_bank_mode=0 //remove

This change is for all the radial released aircraft to-date.

I will be uploading a new panel.cfg, console.bmp, and cab folder for the other AP changes regarding ILS APR, BC, and NAV/GPS switches.

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Official Grumman Update Uploaded, Awaiting Approval

Update is uploaded and ready, once approved.

"This V.1 Update Applies to All Radial Based Aircraft Panels (E-1b, S2F-3, C-1A, S2ACDF, and S2ALCDF) and provides Manual Updates for All Aircraft.cfg Files.

It corrects issues with the Electrical Panel Lights controls, Radio Frequency changes, the Autopilot trim adjustments, and the missing ILS APR, BC, and NAV/GPS switches."

EDIT: Update now available at: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5350
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2024
    Many thanks Uncle Milton. This is beautiful. If I may add my very simple input as a proud member of this fine SOH community, attached is an alternate prop spin with white and red tips in lieu of yellow. I also added the line "prop_anim_ratio=1.025" to the aircraft.cfg below the "ui_variation=USN S-2D VS-39 Hoot Owls 1963" line in my cfg. My attachment is 512X512, you may change it back to 256X256 to your choosing. Simply Left-Click to enlarge to proper size, then Right-Click and Save As to a temp folder and replace the original if you wish.

Is there to be a Paint Kit or is there one now available?

Caz

Attachment 59992

Members who have read this thread: 1