New jetliner classic with VCs now in simviation

Thread: New jetliner classic with VCs now in simviation

Icon5 New jetliner classic with VCs now in simviation

Maybe you all knew about this already but our German friwnd tom Ruth had uploaded some beautiful DC-10s and L-1011 with his trademark wonderful VCs for FSX at Simviation.
    Thank you Tom.
    We really, really appreciate folks like you.
    Sid

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up! I see there's a KC-10 too in the military section.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Blog Entries
    Not at my sim pc to verify ... but looking at the contents of the folders, it looks like the VCs for both the DC-10 and L-1011 are merely the ones from the same dev's B727 - the separate interior model is labeled "tom_727200_interior.mdl. Not pouring cold water on the effort, since the exterior models do look nice, and his B727 is the nicest 727 in FSX this side of payware.

Given the massive effort needed for a proper VC project, it is easy to understand why the shortcut was taken. Some may or may not be able to suspend disbelief - I personally still find 2D panels the better way to go for many portions of airliner work, so that would be my workaround - at least for the L-1011 - take out the VC and sub in the panel from HJG ....

Anyway, good to have these - thanks Tom

DL

Tom is working on a proper VC for the DC-10 at the moment.

Pics are in his DC-10 thread here: http://forum.flightm.de/index.php?pa...threadID=39926 (german)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

Pics are in his DC-10 thread here: http://forum.flightm.de/index.php?pa...threadID=39926 (german)
    The current VC is till better than the payware CLS DC/KC-10 that I have.

Hey Bjoern, could you pass along to Tom over there on this forum you linked above? The aft right cargo door is always partially open on the KC-10 during FSrecorder playback of the model. It's not a huge prob, but if he's making improvements, that could go on the list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

Most excellent!!

Reading between the lines, it looks like a fairly comprehensive offering (original DC-10, MD-11, and KC-10), which is nice. My personal preference is the older versions of jets, in this case the DC-10-10, so I'm personally stoked about that. However, looking more universally, the various versions will target a very broad target of DC-10 enthusiasts, so kudos to Tom and team.

Thanks for the h/u, B!

ps - I liked the Napoleanic era frigate .... what was that about?

Thank you for the heads up!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Hey Bjoern, could you pass along to Tom over there on this forum you linked above? The aft right cargo door is always partially open on the KC-10 during FSrecorder playback of the model. It's not a huge prob, but if he's making improvements, that could go on the list.
    Write him an e-mail. It's quicker. And more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    ...kudos to Tom and team.
    Heh, "team"...

ps - I liked the Napoleanic era frigate .... what was that about?
    Just model he build IRL made for FSX.

Blog Entries
    Cool.

I said "team" since I don't know for certain he's not got some helpers/repainters as part of that project. Just a bit of CYA, in this recent era of hightened forum sensitivity ...

I'm quite impressed with detail around the center-engine thrust reverser ... very sharp.

DL