Bravo Zulu to all hands! Nice job!
    :ernae:
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Bravo Zulu indeed! Great job by the planners in particular....amazing the attention to details... I would have gone mad trying to plan it out.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Congratulations on finishing the race, we'll be joining you at Van Nuys shortly!

Lest we have trouble fitting our helments, I am drawn to a homily much used by Bill Clinton: "Even a blind hog finds a chestnut now and then".

Good job guys! And many thanks to some of the behind the scenes workers and schemers!

T.

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Bravo Zulu indeed! Great job by the planners in particular....amazing the attention to details... I would have gone mad trying to plan it out.
    Hear hear!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2012/rtwr_2012sm1.png[/SIGPIC]

Most excellent effort guys! Thanks for letting me listen in. I know it seems like I was just lurking but I was actually hanging wall paper yesterday and had the speakers turned on the Team Speak channel so I could keep up with the game!

Very exciting...especially the S. Pole (although I agree with Dave's comments that it could also work against you as well).

BTW, one of the sections of paper has peeled back, so you need to arrange another race next weekend so I can hang up a replacement piece....

okay, maybe not
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

SOH-CM-2017

Icon5

A brillant strategy, and excellent execution. Just and All Around Fantastic Effort. This is a well deserved and decisive victory for SOH.

I salute you. :salute:
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Sim-Outhouse Round-The-World Racer

Congratulations Team Sim Outhouse!

Great work and planning, I always knew Team SOH had the best planners in the biz. Much deserved.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flork View Post
    Great work and planning, I always knew Team SOH had the best planners in the biz. Much deserved.....
    Awesome planning job.. We have to fire our planners (myself included).. !!! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by epwatson View Post
    We have to fire our planners (myself included).. !!! :salute:
    Don't take it too hard Eamonn, it could very easily have ended our entire race if we got it wrong. I don't think Moparmike has fully 'un-puckered' yet!

While I have the chance I would like to offer my sincere condolences to Team AVSIM with regard to your little faux pas in Oz. I was literally shaken and physically upset when I saw you turn back as I had really enjoyed the very close racing and head-to-head tussle that had been taking place up to that point. These things happen when racing hard I guess but it's never nice to see regardless of which team it happens to. I wish you all better luck in 2013.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Don't take it too hard Eamonn, it could very easily have ended our entire race if we got it wrong. I don't think Moparmike has fully 'un-puckered' yet!

While I have the chance I would like to offer my sincere condolences to Team AVSIM with regard to your little faux pas in Oz. I was literally shaken and physically upset when I saw you turn back as I had really enjoyed the very close racing and head-to-head tussle that had been taking place up to that point. These things happen when racing hard I guess but it's never nice to see regardless of which team it happens to. I wish you all better luck in 2013.
    +1

Team AVSIM:
    It was painful to hear of AVSIMs mistake as we we're struggling to keep pace with you guys as we we're racing for second place with you (Flightsim all but bagged the race with their opening moves in S.A.) but what impressed me most about the AVSIM mistake was you noticed and admitted it yourselves to the community.

THAT one act has restored my trust in my competitors to do whats right, and I owe you guys a huge apology for doubting it, and a few round of drinks.

Well done AVSIM, and kudos for carrying on to the end.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    +1

Team AVSIM:
    It was painful to hear of AVSIMs mistake as we we're struggling to keep pace with you guys as we we're racing for second place with you (Flightsim all but bagged the race with their opening moves in S.A.) but what impressed me most about the AVSIM mistake was you noticed and admitted it yourselves to the community.

THAT one act has restored my trust in my competitors to do whats right, and I owe you guys a huge apology for doubting it, and a few round of drinks.

Well done AVSIM, and kudos for carrying on to the end.
    Maddog, thanks for the kudos. To be honest we didn't see our mistake, we were keeping an eye on SOH and honestly pondering if you were going to get both south requirements, when the route in Indonesia differed from ours we wondered.. It was just after you all left for Antarctica and we were busy crunching numbers to figure out how fast you'd get there.. It was then Mike (MM) came in and informed us of our goof up. Insert many colorful expletives at this point. We had two options, go back to australia or continue on. We feared possible disqualification for not going back which has never happened. So with it being very early in the morning and not many people up yet, I was tasked with getting in a p51 and flying fast back to OZ, but we knew it was over for us. But we decided to finish the race rather than face possible disqualification.

It was a fantastic race and cannot wait until next year.

Congratulations on your RTW race win you guys. That's number 2 for you now aye. We at Flightsim were not able to make it 3 in a row in the end.

You must surely have flown very well indeed because we thought we had!
    Nothing like a win to keep you motivated to come back to defend it next year.
    It is really good to have 3 competitive teams now that any one of that could win on the day.
    You guys are worthy opponents and have our respect.

I guess I'll have to get around to choosing a new avatar! (The old one was the Tornado Trophy) EDIT: All done!

Members who have read this thread: 2