FSX PB4Y model
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX PB4Y model

FSX PB4Y model

Im going to start working on a gmax model of the PB4Y-2 Privateer. My main focus will be on the Hawkins and Powers fire bombing 4Ys. I would appreciate any help on finding info, 3-views, pictures, ect. on the privateer military or airtanker version.

Thanks,

Jeremy

For 3 views, check out http://www.bobsairdoc.com/ I have used them MANY MANY times.

Reading the catalog, they do have a photoset of the PB4Y-2 Firebomber. Looks like its only 1 photo for 3.00. Another polished alu photo x5 for 14.50. The problem is you dont know what the photo's are of.

The 3 views are better. They have 4 sets. 3 sets of the -2, and 1 set of the -1.

PB4Y-1 ‘Liberator’ 4 eng anti-sub (2) Sa 72770 OXF 5.00
    PB4Y-2 ‘Privateer’ 4 eng anti-sub (2) Sa 72771 OXF 5.00
    PB4Y-2 'Privateer' 4 eng patrol bomber Sb 11031 OD 3.00
    PB4Y-2 Privateer 4 engine bomber SKF 15002 OD 3.00

OX Stands for exter detail with cross sections. That would be best. F is just a fact sheet. OD is just outline with detail. If it was me, I would just order all 4. They come on a big 11x17 sheet, so you can have them as wall hangers once your done. I have a few hanging on my wall from past projects =) The mimimum order is $20 anyways.

That should help you get started.

Here are some really nice shots of the bomber PB4Y-2 thats undergoing restoration.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bi...2/pb4y2_59819/

Nice engine shots!

I wish you the best of luck in this BEASTLY project. Doing big bombers like this is no easy task. Hope this was helpfull and I really look forward to seeing it flying!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Thanks!!! That was alot of help! Ill definitely order from them. As for that last link im not too happy about them changing c30 back to military style. They need to have fire bombing history preserved out there in museums also.

This is great news Jeremy!:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Here is a look at how its coming along. This is my first time modelling.

Charter Member 2011
    now that aint bad at all
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Wow That's looking good keep up the awesome work tankerguy72.

Looking good! The more I'm understanding how to skin aircraft (my first attempt...B-58), then the more I'm looking to create models myself. After seeing this, you've inspired me to check this out even more! -TF

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

here is some photos i took of the fire bomber Version of the PB4Y

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quick question, did you take the first set of pics at the CoNA opening at NASNI? I was there also but didn't get any shots of the 4Y, too busy with buds from my HCS-5 days, and trying to look at the ladies without getting caught by the wife.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Yep those shots are definitely CoNA at NASNI. I was there on media day.

Tankerguy actually arranged for 121 to fly into Hemet (it used to fly out of here on fires.) Then he flew back to AZ with them. Since he does have his license, they let him fly her for part of the trip. Pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Yep those shots are definitely CoNA at NASNI. I was there on media day.

Tankerguy actually arranged for 121 to fly into Hemet (it used to fly out of here on fires.) Then he flew back to AZ with them. Since he does have his license, they let him fly her for part of the trip. Pretty badass.
    Yeah I might have to say that was the best day of my life

Attachment 61708Attachment 61709
    Attachment 61711Attachment 61712Attachment 61713Attachment 61714Attachment 61710

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Looking good!! BTW the pic of the open pit mine.... that is of the mine out near Casa Grande right?
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Oh yeah, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Looking good!! BTW the pic of the open pit mine.... that is of the mine out near Casa Grande right?
    Yeah that was by Casa Grande. we did a go around and flew over that on the left downwind to base.

That's looking great TG! Keep after it
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Awesome job! Cant wait to see how this beauty and do some runs down the 9 Mile!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    The plane is based out of CG or just a stop on the way? Had no idea they had planes based out of there. I heard about Coolidge.

When I was a kid they had all these Privateers sitting over at an old airfield just north of Riggs Road.... you could see the tails from the freeway.

Aha! Found it.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/AZ/...E.htm#memorial
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Yeah its based there now. The group that bought it from Hawkins and Powers during the auction keep it there. Ive visited Coolidge, pretty cool they have 7 C-130 hercules there and a DC-7.

The one you have in your Avitar is probably the same one that used to fly (low) over my house north bound almost every day during fire season. Fairbanks Alaska.

Great sound, like a pack of Harley's going over! T

Thats looking good can't wate to fly this one, keep up the good work tankerguy72

Members who have read this thread: 89