'NASCAR, Welcome To "Danica-Mania"...'

Thread: 'NASCAR, Welcome To "Danica-Mania"...'

Lightbulb 'NASCAR, Welcome To "Danica-Mania"...'

Indycar drivers went through the same thing...

Ricky Stenhouse needed to figure out a team name for a Nationwide Series version of the “Family Feud” game recently.

He looked at his team of Nationwide drivers – himself, Sam Hornish Jr., Brian Scott, Justin Allgaier and Danica Patrick – and a team name popped into his head:

“Danica and Those Other Guys.”
    -> http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/nn...r-scrutinized/

She has a very good point and I'm beginning to side with her on it.
    Maybe, just maybe, the idiot media needs to get over the fact that she is an attractive young woman and concentrate on he ability or not to drive a car!
    As for the remarks about Sports Illustrated swimsuits and Go-Daddy 'skimpy' outfits, get over it, I see more on display on any day IRL.
    “You guys are the wordsmiths,” Patrick said. “I’m not a wordsmith. But just something without the word ‘sex’ in it.”
    Good response!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

We'll see how she does at Daytona.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Danica is fast - no doubt about it.
    My concern is that there are other female drivers whom have shown superior speed to Danica in more junior series. And at least one in Indycar who at times, competed with Danica in her lesser funded team with an older chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Danica is fast - no doubt about it.
    My concern is that there are other female drivers whom have shown superior speed to Danica in more junior series. And at least one in Indycar who at times, competed with Danica in her lesser funded team with an older chassis.

$$$$$ & good looks. The other women are not as good looking and they don't have a big time sponsor following them around. Jr said in an interview yesterday that Danica has done his team more good than they have done for her.

If Sarah Fisher didn't have the oldest & heaviest Dallara in IndyCar & if she was on a better team, it's quite debateable that on ovals, she would have been faster than Danica...

On road courses, Katherine Legge easily out-performed Danica in the junior series accumulating multiple wins while Danica had none.

Come on P, their not pretty or loaded with cash!!!! You have looked at too many panzers, it's messed up your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Come on P, their not pretty or loaded with cash!!!! You have looked at too many panzers, it's messed up your perspective.

If you want pretty, then here you go...
    --> http://www.maryeveracing.com/
    --> http://www.arcaracing.com/drivers_de...?driver_id=375

Good looking but no money. Rather like the Cope girls, not going anywhere.

If Sarah Fisher didn't have the oldest & heaviest Dallara in IndyCar & if she was on a better team, it's quite debateable that on ovals, she would have been faster than Danica...
    On road courses, Katherine Legge easily out-performed Danica in the junior series accumulating multiple wins while Danica had none.
    Said it before and I'll say it again, 'IF' is the most used word in the English [or any other] language.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon5

Wombat,
    No "ifs" with Katherine Legge - she flat outpeformed Danica in the junior series.

Ed, I had the pleasure of meeting Katherine at one of the last Surfers Paradise rounds, a genuine 'Racer' and a thoroughly nice young woman as well.
    Never ever forgot her sang-froid after hitting the overpass "BIGTIME" at Elkhart Lake, she was almost "Hey guys, why all the fuss" on emerging from the Medical Centre!

I think it's mostly about the money. Danica has no trouble getting the high-dollar sponsors, the other women in racing, even though some make Danica look like a plain-Jane wall flower, don't have the money and will not enjoy the limelight. NASCAR has become a big money sport, if you have the money you can play and win, plain and simple. Just my dos centavos.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2024
    I hate saying it, but I hope she can maintain her good looks and figure for a few more years, because that is all she really has! Middle of the field, at her best, currently 26th in Nationwide practice @ Daytona.

I believe that Ms Patrick has more than her looks going for her, she comes across to me as a young woman with a great deal of determination to succeed!
    And yes indeed, I have never given her much credit but I'll certainly give her points for staying the course, 110%!
    While I doubt she will do much in NASCAR, I amire her spirit and sheer bloody chutzpah!

I have fond memories of Lella Lombardi competing in the Australian F5000 series and cleaning up the local hotshots while driving an elderly Matich Repco, despite her lack of success in F1.
    She is one of only two women to perform competitively in any form of level one motorsport thus far, the incomparable Michelle Mouton being the more successful of the two, albeit in a different sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    amire her spirit and sheer bloody chutzpah!
    Hmmm...
    I would debate that her much better backing than some of the other woman drivers has helped...Right out of the gate, she drove for Rahal who at the time, was one of the top IRL teams...I don't blame Danica for this, just stating an observation