Screenshots! - Page 70
Page 70 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2060626364656667686970717273747576777880120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3099

Thread: Screenshots!

Blog Entries
    Been asked if I could re-vamp the GC He 111 textures, so here we are, still wip, and pit won't be changed, (not enough hours in the day). The old model can still hold it's own!
    Awesome John!!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

nice work mate
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    John clocks yet another one right outta the ballpark! -mapping extraordinaire!

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    It'll be awhile 'till I have a rig capable of supporting bump mapping... soooo,
    can anyone post a screenie of a Hurricane showing off the fuselage ribbing under the fabric?
    Thanx in advance...
    Also any pix of wip's Beaufighter pit & exterior (either/or) would be duly devoured

Here's one a bit different, showing a project I've been chipping away at a bit at a time for years. Scheduled release date: 12th of Never (hopefully I can do better than that).

What is it and where am I?

Question 1: a Caproni
    Question 2: in front of your computer

Haha, both technically correct - not what I was going for though.

The Caproni is from MAW, so it's not what I'm working on in this shot.

I would say it would be nice if you were working on inland water edges not looking like sea surf! Clouds and skyline? BTW I still find the whitish fields 'en masse' a bit disconcerting.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Somewhere around Italy in ETO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Water color changing with depth? Cloud cover shadows on the ground?
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Tree-lined roads?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Matching the autogen scenery to the new textures?

Manny's got it. Location-specific water colors. This is in the Po River Delta south of Venice. Each body of water can have it's own unique colors and features. It all goes into a 4096x4096 version of the cfs3h2o.dds (original was 512x512). At this point the coastal areas have all been mapped, but adding details to complex areas like deltas and estuaries is a slow job, often pixel by pixel. So it's going to take me a while and I only have the patience to work on it a little at a time. Here's another view of the Po delta, from higher up and without clouds so you can see better:

Wooooohoooooo I will PM you my mailing address for the prize money

It does look good though nice work
    Manny

That looks great Dan. I imagine the sam outside the Thames and ? Rhine. A big job if each one has to be done separately! As I've said before though, I really wish we could get rid of 'surf' on inland shores!

Try not to spend all the prize money in one place Manny!

Yes, inland water bodies can be colored more appropriately rather than some shade of blue. I have plans for clear blue glacial lakes in the Alps, and muddy lowland rivers and estuaries, etc. I'm starting with the more out of the way places on the map and eventually working over to the areas more frequently flown over. The Baltic is next on my list after the Adriatic is done. It won't get rid of the surf though, unfortunately. If some enterprising individual wanted to create low flat concrete looking objects large enough to just cover the shorelines, the surf could be hidden that way. Again, that's a ton of work to place them all!

Dan has done a bit of editing, looks so much better now with glass!
    Also doing a few Eastern Front schemes.

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Wow John, that's some intricate looking camo!

Looking so real, stunning work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Nice work John!! In the first picture, are the white stripes on the wing, is that the flight leaders aircraft? If so, I wonder what the meaning of these large Balkencreuz were along side the normal sized ones? Were they an early attempt to show the flight leaders aircraft?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First-German-Fighter-Plane-Downed-in-Britain-529453.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Wow John, that's some intricate looking camo!
    LOL Yea tell me about it Dan, it's one the two wild one's you asked me to do! here's the other, which will fit nicely into MAW!

John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Nice work John!! In the first picture, are the white stripes on the wing, is that the flight leaders aircraft? If so, I wonder what the meaning of these large Balkencreuz were along side the normal sized ones? Were they an early attempt to show the flight leaders aircraft?
    the heinkel on the picture is this one, possible reason for the large balkenkreuz on the wing in the description:

more info about the crash here: https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=170752

so the big balkenkreuz on the wing has nothing to do with the aircraft being from the stab staffel.

during a small timeframe in the battle of britain (september 1940 = start of the big daylight raids on london) part of the luftwaffe units marked their bombers with stripes. unfortunately their a little to no german records about the use and function of this markings, only source material are photo's and british intelligence reports about crashed aircraft with such markings.
    however it is believed these markings were tactical markings, probably for easier forming up in large formations. aircraft with markings on their port wing flew on the starboard side the formation, aircraft in the middle had marking applied on both sides, on the port side of the formationm aircraft had the markings applied to the starboard side.
    the markings could change with every raid, photo's and filmfootage show dorniers from kg 76 with markings on their starboard wing on september 7, while every marked do17 from kg 76 that crashed on september 15 had their markings on the port side.....

a squadron leader usually flew in an aircraft with with nr 1 (for fighters) or the letter "a" (bombers or twin engined fighters), however this is in theory, sometimes real life came in between
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Artwork-Heinkel-He-111H-KG26-(1H+JA)-WNr-5449-shot-down-Scotland-Oct-28-1939-0A.jpg  
    There's only one Foute Man........

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Hi Scott, as far as I understand the white, or rather "Pink" (thanks Dan) bars were formation aids.
    They are formation markings used to help the unit 'form up' in the air.
    "The "tactical formation" markings were the allegedly white bands that appeared on the tail fin and rudder and on the upper wing surface during September 1940. The purpose of the marking was to enable pilots flying in formation to quickly determine the position of other aircraft in the formation. Aircraft with the bar on the port (left) wing and port fin meant that they were on the starboard (right) side of the formation. Also the number of bars might have indicated the Gruppe or Staffel status of the aircraft.

As for the large Balkencreuz, that's a bit easier to explain, they were used in an attempt to stop trigger happy Luftwaffe fighter pilots shooting down their own bombers, here's another pic with comedy Balkencreuz applied!

John

Keep it coming!

Ton. Some good detailed information.