Screenshots! - Page 79
Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2969717273747576777879808182838485868789 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3118

Thread: Screenshots!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Nice looking Spitfire Major ! Good shot...

Thanks! It been well worth the effort to go through all the old model's 1024 skins and upgrade them to 2048 with AI Gigapixel. Adding in the new effects made possible by AnKor's shaders and they become a thing of real beauty.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    That's why i can't wait to get my new rig built ! Your right,it brings a whole new look to CFS3. Looks like a modern sim.

While I've been going through upgrading the main textures I'm also adding AnKor's effects to the cockpits. In most cases this has just involved adding reflectivity to the interior surfaces and glass to make the lighting appear more dynamic as the aircraft maneuvers. When I came to the Zeke series from AvH I realized that the canopy interior was made up from a repeating texture patch showing a single rivet head. Aha! The perfect candidate for a simple little normal map. Painted a dark rivet sized spot in the middle of the paint texture to indicate it would be raised up from the surface and converted it to a NM file, and this is what I got.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Ah good stuff Andy! I like what your doing with these old textures
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

3ja_b5n-1 Kate with AI Gigapixel 2048 textures, and AnKor's shaders.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Another beauty Major thanks for sharing
    I've finally got my backside in motion and got my imgur account set up so i will soon start to regular upload some screenshots rather than the thumbnails i was previously doing
    An old Just Flight Spit mk1a
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Mudpond P63 King Cobra out drumming up business under a stormy sky

Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you posting pics,Mixxer. Nice ones at that also.

I didn't know we had a P-63! I'll have to check that one out for myself.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Those wingtip trails of the B5N look very interesting. Something not publicly available yet, or am I just blind?

I've had them since we discovered the hidden ability of AnKor's shaders to limit effects to low latitudes the same way the high altitude contrails are done.

In the Shaders30 folder there the Texturemagic.ini file that has these entries:

[HighAltSprite]
    tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds=7500|500
    tr_condenstrail_basis3.dds= 2500|-1500

The first two set the high contrails to start becoming visible at 23,000 ft and be fully on at 26,600 ft and above.
    The third entry has the wing tip trails start showing up at 8,200 ft, and be fully on at 3,300 ft and below.

The xdp entries look like:
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" AvH="emitter_damage_wing_tip_left" MinVel="45" MaxVel="250" PosX="-7.7" PosY="0.275" PosZ="-0.27432"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" AvH="emitter_damage_wing_tip_right" MinVel="45" MaxVel="250" PosX="7.7" PosY="0.275" PosZ="-0.27432"/>

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" />
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_high_contrail" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" />

The XYZ values for the gtrail will be different for each specific aircraft type.

The effects.xml needs to reference basis3.dds for the fx_N_gtrail entries.

<fx_N_gtrail ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="N_track_contrail_s"/>
    <N_track_contrail_s ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="0.15" FadeInTime="0.02" FadeOutTime="0.12" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="5" SegmentLength="2" Width="0.25" WidthGrow="1.2" InitialAlpha="0.00" InitialColor="250 250 255" Alpha="0.55" Color="250 250 255" FinalAlpha="0.00" FinalColor="250 250 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis3.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I know the system, I was the one who originally made the lights and wingtip trails for the AvH aircraft... but those look different, twirling instead of the straight ones found on the Mk VII/VIII Spitfires and Fw 190As for example. I'll have to experiment with them a bit.

EDIT - well indeed. A great improvement over the normal G trails, they worked well in the pre-AnKor era but not so well nowadays.

The Mudpond site also has a P-51H that I'd missed seeing before. AI Gigapixel to increase the texture resolution and she looks pretty decent for something from 2004.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Nice.

Major using that AI Gigapixel to update to the 2048 textures do you take much of a frame rate hit?

Im only running cfs3 from a 5-6 year old ASUS ROG G75VW laptop which has a GTX670 graphics card so Ive so far resisted the temptation to run textures through that program in case I get a big hit on the frames.

For example I can pack the sky with planes (30+) and my frames drop to around 40 - 50fps with everything set to max for visuals typically with only the one plane it sits around 90-110fps depending on the aircraft both without stutter.
    Manny

No, on my system even 4096 can be used without any negative effects.

I'm running a 4.6 GHz 8 core I7,with 16 Gb memory, at 3440 x 1440 with a 4Gb GTX 980 at 75-100 fps (Gsync) using 4X Multisampling for AA, and 4X SGSSAA for Transparency (eliminates shimmering). Increasing to 8X and 8X cuts my framerate to 40-60 fps. If I check the GPU memory usage it never goes above about 1GB when the game is running, so texture size is not really an issue. The system is now all on SSD versus the Hard drives I was running until last fall, but other than the initial game loading times, I haven't noticed any improvements in performance from that.

The only unresolved issue I have is micro-stuttering caused by a high density of ground objects when viewed perpendicular to the direction of aircraft movement (view from the side when flying low and fast). As far as I can tell this is related to how they blit the memory in the code for scrolling the image left and right across the screen space. It seems that they don't use the graphics memory for that, and the cpu regularly skips a beat when the memory blocks that are changing reach some limit in the code. Looking straight ahead, flying slower, or higher up, or reducing the number of ground objects being displayed all seem to reduce or eliminate the hitching problem
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

How about large formations?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I haven't tried them since House Hobbit stopped creating missions.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Check yr email for a couple.

Blog Entries
    Are your missions for the ETO install ? If so could you send them to me ? Thanks,Scott

Only House Hobbit's and BoB ones so you should have them.

A new 2048 skin for the Mudpond P-63a

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    No, on my system even 4096 can be used without any negative effects.

I'm running a 4.6 GHz 8 core I7,with 16 Gb memory, at 3440 x 1440 with a 4Gb GTX 980 at 75-100 fps (Gsync) using 4X Multisampling for AA, and 4X SGSSAA for Transparency (eliminates shimmering). Increasing to 8X and 8X cuts my framerate to 40-60 fps. If I check the GPU memory usage it never goes above about 1GB when the game is running, so texture size is not really an issue. The system is now all on SSD versus the Hard drives I was running until last fall, but other than the initial game loading times, I haven't noticed any improvements in performance from that.

The only unresolved issue I have is micro-stuttering caused by a high density of ground objects when viewed perpendicular to the direction of aircraft movement (view from the side when flying low and fast). As far as I can tell this is related to how they blit the memory in the code for scrolling the image left and right across the screen space. It seems that they don't use the graphics memory for that, and the cpu regularly skips a beat when the memory blocks that are changing reach some limit in the code. Looking straight ahead, flying slower, or higher up, or reducing the number of ground objects being displayed all seem to reduce or eliminate the hitching problem
    Thanks for the info mate, to be honest some of the things you added about gsync and multisampling are way above my head, I get my son to see what he thinks for my setup but again cheers for the info.
    Manny

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I'm still trying to repopulate my PTO install that was lost in the big computer crash I had last year. This was a quick transfer of the stock MkIb Typhoon to Australian service using AI Gigapixel to increase the resolution of the skin texture, and a hex edit of the m3d to add AnKor's reflectivity.

Hi Major,

nice skin, but RAAF never had the light blue inner roundel, we had white inner and dark blue outer. what you have there is the RAF version of the roundel in use in the far east.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Okay, thanks. S!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.