Screenshots! - Page 47
Page 47 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3739404142434445464748495051525354555797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3118

Thread: Screenshots!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2016-12-23 00-19-53.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-23 00-18-55.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-23 00-25-47.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-23 00-26-02.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-23 00-27-35.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-23 00-27-52.jpg  

cfs3 2016-12-23 00-29-09.jpg  

Same for me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

With and Without Photoflash Bomb Effect

In the original you can see 5 vehicles on the road, as well as 5 Mosquitos and 3 Spitfires on the airfield with the flash. After the flash you can barely make out two vehicles on the road with headlights showing, and one unidentifiable airplane parked in front of the Large Hanger
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Like it. However unless a very large scale pic I always find it hard to see anything in the non illuminated night; probably just as it should be. As I'm not at home for another 3 weeks and in any case have other issues setting up my CFS3 in win 10, I take it the really good dark night effect is a result of Ankor's shaders. I remember Daniel was trying to sort out good night (no moon) settings and had his own settings. BTW just downloaded yr 2 zips and look forward to trying them out on Mossies and Lancs when I get sorted.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Like it. However unless a very large scale pic I always find it hard to see anything in the non illuminated night; probably just as it should be. As I'm not at home for another 3 weeks and in any case have other issues setting up my CFS3 in win 10, I take it the really good dark night effect is a result of Ankor's shaders. I remember Daniel was trying to sort out good night (no moon) settings and had his own settings. BTW just downloaded yr 2 zips and look forward to trying them out on Mossies and Lancs when I get sorted.
    I have better luck seeing the night images if I can blank off the surrounding white screen, and let my eyes adjust a little.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

This thread has gotten pushed too far down, time to bring it back up. If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about a video? I've not done one before and this one is nothing fancy, just a late 1940 furball over SE England.
    https://youtu.be/XdIJPjyEY5E

SOH-CM-2020
    Good one, lots of nice details like interesting Spit 'pit, and 109E's with the exhaust smoke effect when they accelerate.

Good eye on the 109s. I need to revise the effect after watching some videos, but that is exactly what is going on. The Spitfire pit is from the Spitfire VIII package, so it isn't at all correct, but I was just trying out the fit, which is really pretty good. I enjoyed recording the dogfight a lot, even though it was really no more involved than making a couple clicks. It's gotten me thinking, would anyone enjoy an informational thread consisting of text and some videos where I explain the workings of different systems we have on our aircraft with periodic updates covering different topics?

Very good video and good dogfighting skills!

That Spitfire looks like one of the skins I did for the Just Flight version years ago. Another thing I ought to update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

gecko, nice video, but it seems you've enabled dreaded "youtube stabilization" which most often just distorts the video horribly - see how cockpit appears vertically stretched around 1:29 mark and overall it looks like your aircraft is made of rubber

Blog Entries
    It's gotten me thinking, would anyone enjoy an informational thread consisting of text and some videos where I explain the workings of different systems we have on our aircraft with periodic updates covering different topics?
    Yes please! That's a good idea Daniel.

Really like the video too, it shows just how good CFS3 can look and work with the latest bells, whistles and PC power.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    . It's gotten me thinking, would anyone enjoy an informational thread consisting of text and some videos where I explain the workings of different systems we have on our aircraft with periodic updates covering different topics?
    I definitely would.

That video brought up two questions I have, how do you get so much radio chatter, and how do you get the pilot to get out of the plane and run away after the belly landing? My pilots always sit there until the plane explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    ... and 109E's with the exhaust smoke effect when they accelerate.
    Noticed that too: Is that a stock ETO effect or one of your own doing? In any case: I want it!

Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    I definitely would.

That video brought up two questions I have, how do you get so much radio chatter, and how do you get the pilot to get out of the plane and run away after the belly landing? My pilots always sit there until the plane explodes.
    The first is probably is his own mod at work and the second is a stock CFS3 animation. You should see it when making a crashlanding that is within certain parameters (don't ask me which ones )

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Didn't you know about the secret rubber Spitfire prototype? I thought I had made sure I turned the stabilize feature off, but I hadn't watched the whole thing on YT to see the distortion it caused. I've reuploaded the video using a more historically accurate Spitfire that is made of aluminium rather than rubber!
    https://youtu.be/PAxg_04J7Q8

Nigel, an update of that series in 2048 would be most welcome!

Frosty is correct, the radio chatter is a mod I did some time ago. It has been implemented in Pat Pattle's BoB expansion if you want to try it out. The acceleration effect is my own, needs some improvement, but it will eventually go public. This is my own highly modded install (I mod all the mods I put into it and create my own) so I have no idea how many little changes might be tucked into this video if you look.

Blog Entries
    The acceleration effect is my own, needs some improvement, but it will eventually go public.
    Yes please to that one as well Daniel! Also, the reticle, what mod is that one? It looks brilliant!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

gecko, how did you put WoFF terrain into CFS3?

Bf 109 Effect

Dornil, it is discussed in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=WOFF+SCENERY

I can go ahead and paste some lines here for people to install if they like the reticle and 109 effects.

Here is the acceleration effect for the Bf 109, it also generally makes them smokier, as is visible in period films:

Add these lines to your effects.xml:

<fx_accelerator ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime=".8" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.00007" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="30" EmissionRate="50" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay="0" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="3000" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="1.4" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="5" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="3" SizeVar="0" MaxSize="15" MaxSizeVar="0" GrowRate="1.1" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="15" FadeInTime=".05" InitialColor="50 50 50" InitialAlpha="80" Color="50 50 50" Alpha="30" FadeOutTime="1" FinalColor="50 50 50" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <DB601_high_power ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.00007" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="50" EmissionRate="50" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay="0" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="1500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="1.4" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="5" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="3" SizeVar="0" MaxSize="15" MaxSizeVar="0" GrowRate="1.1" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="15" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="50 50 50" InitialAlpha="6" Color="50 50 50" Alpha="5" FadeOutTime="1" FinalColor="50 50 50" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <DB601_exhaust_smoke ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.00007" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="30" EmissionRate="100" EmissionRateVar="20" InitialDelay="0" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="1500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="1" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="5" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="1" SizeVar="0" MaxSize="4" MaxSizeVar="0" GrowRate="1.1" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="15" FadeInTime="0" InitialColor="50 50 50" InitialAlpha="7" Color="50 50 50" Alpha="5" FadeOutTime=".7" FinalColor="50 50 50" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>

Add these lines to your the xdp of the Bf 109E in the "Effects" section near the bottom. Note, the placement is set for the MAW/ETO Bf 109E, should work for the F as well:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_exhaust_smoke" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l" MinVel="79.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_exhaust_smoke" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r" MinVel="79.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_high_power" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="79.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_accelerator" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="89" MaxVel="91"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_accelerator" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="120" MaxVel="122"/>

These are for the stock 109s:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_exhaust_smoke" PosX="0.6" PosY="-0.145" PosZ="1.505" MinVel="72.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_exhaust_smoke" PosX="-0.6" PosY="-0.145" PosZ="1.505" MinVel="72.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="DB601_high_power" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="72.00" MaxVel="6000"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_accelerator" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="89" MaxVel="91"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_accelerator" PosX="0.0" PosY="0" PosZ="0.0" MinVel="120" MaxVel="122"/>

Here is the texture if anyone doesn't have it, goes in the effects/fxtextures folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Reticle Effect

Here is the reticle effect (must have Ankors shaders installed):

Add these lines to the effects.xml:

<mkii_reflector_gunsight_ring ClassName="Shockwave" PullOnGround="0" CountCycles="1" Pulse="0" InitialDelay="0" Duration="99999" FadeInTime="0" FadeOutTime="0" Pause="0" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" InitialSize=".00007" FinalSize=".00007" Texture="reticle.mkii_ring.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <mkii_reflector_gunsight_bar ClassName="Shockwave" PullOnGround="0" CountCycles="1" Pulse="0" InitialDelay="0" Duration="99999" FadeInTime="0" FadeOutTime="0" Pause="0" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" InitialSize=".00007" FinalSize=".00007" Texture="reticle.mkii_bar.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>

Add these lines to the TextureMagic.ini in the shaders30 folder under the "[ReticleDynamic] ; scale" header:

reticle.mkii_ring.dds=1.8975
    reticle.mkii_bar.dds=1.79|2.07|2.35|2.62|2.9|1.10| 1.24|1.51

Add these lines to the "Effects" section of the JF Spitfire IAs or the AvHistory Spitfire Vs xdp - I think you will also have to copy the cockpit from the Spitfire VIII package to make it fit right, or adjust the X, Y, and Z values in the lines:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="mkii_reflector_gunsight_ring" PosX="0.0025" PosZ="-1.1" PosY="0.563" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="mkii_reflector_gunsight_bar" PosX="0.0025" PosZ="-1.1" PosY="0.563" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

I've attached the textures required as well, I put them in the shaders30 folder.

The ranging bar on the reticle is also adjustable like the real thing was, though the operation isn't exactly the same. Use SHIFT+] and SHIFT+[ to adjust.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Didn't you know about the secret rubber Spitfire prototype?
    Don't believe this! He's trying to preserve the secret of a metallurgic treatment accidentally discovered by a Russian scientist who subsequently escaped Stalin's purges of '37 and traded it with the British for a quiet pension in one of their peaceful colonies (Malaya, Rhodesia, or perhaps India?). In layman terms - for the uninitiated (and the rest) - it is a form of 'crystalline aerodynamic flexing' whereby the crystal lattice in the metal tries 'to make room' for passing gas molecules by de- and reforming its structure in order to move faster through the surrounding air. Quite succesfully - you all saw the Messerschmitt go down.

Of course, the Brits were anxious not to let anyone in on their newly acquired secret, so these aircraft never operated anywhere else than over British soil. Due to war shortages, only a handful were ever built and with post-war attention gravitating towards the discoveries made by the fantastic German Luft '46 projects, the advent of nuclear power and the detrimental influence of popular music on formerly well-groomed youths, the further development of this technique landed on the backburner until it ended up in a dusty corner of a secret government warehouse (you did see the end of Indiana Jones, right?).

There you have it, folks - the so-called secret of the 'rubber Spitfire prototype'! Just replace one hard-to-believe story with one that is so outrageous that 'it must be true' (Rubber aeroplanes, haha ! What will they think of next...)!

Okay, off with the tin foil hat and let's see if we can incorporate these effects into ETO 1.50 ... (Or shall I continue tinkering on my P-47 model? Decisions, decisions...)

Now the real question you should be asking is, who is paying me to propagate the rubber spitfire story...

[puts tin foil hat on again]

Indeed a good question!
    Either you 're part of an elaborate and long-running government cover-up (payed by the British, of course) or you are employed by the newly set-up Department of Alternative Facts - err, I meant to say 'Ministry of Truth' (oops, sorry . Didn't mean to violate forum rules. Oh well, the deed is done, 'they' are probably watching as I type this anyway).

[Tin foil hat off again]

You should be more careful Joost, don't think that just because you blew the lid on a 75 year old cover-up on an unpretentious flight sim hobby site they won't come looking. You should probably only communicate in code from now on.

You 're right, Daniel. We need 'screenshots' to get this thread back on the rails.
    Here are two (but not in-game) of the current state of the build:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cockpit (2).jpg   Cockpit (1).jpg  

fx_accelerator is one of mine, going back to the DR2/DL series of late-production Bf109s...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 140