Screenshots! - Page 82
Page 82 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3272747576777879808182838485868788899092 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3100

Thread: Screenshots!

All those Spit shots look terric, the coast is great, had no idea of the training colours used and yep that prop is like the real thing..no polygons at all. Much thanks.

I've been playing around with some heavy weather textures, probably way over the top, the aircraft would have more than likely not lasted long enough, or not been allowed to get this bad bad, but it can be toned down!

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

That poor Spitfire! I wonder if some didn't end up looking like that after an extended career with an OTU? And those exhausts look really good BTW.

Did you dig up one of the ones they buried in Burma during the war?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

With aircraft this good, that crappy pilot model in the cockpit is really starting to hurt my eyes!

(And it's weird because the pilot textures themselves don't seem too bad. I once tried to alter one of the pilots that came with the CFS3 gamepack but my modeling skills still aren't up to organical stuff. Any takers?)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I agree Joost CFS3 has been crying out for a good pilot model for a long time, the one in the shots is Clive's effort, which is very good compared to stock, it's the only pilot I use now because at least he has the oxy mask modelled. It's always narked me why a combat sim had pilots without oxy masks!

I don't know Dan, it's possible?

Lol yea Andy it does look like it's been dug up from somewhere!
    John

Keep it coming!

Possible to make a new pilot model? No idea. I assume the reason nobody has done it is that the sdk didn't give any info on how to set one up. I guess you could try digging through one of the m3ds with a hex editor looking for part names to use in a new model to get the guy animated, but I don't know beyond that. I agree, the stock pilot models could certainly use an overhaul were it possible.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Always such beautiful shots ! My favorite WWII aircraft...

Hey Tom, not seen a shot of this monster for a long time!

John

Keep it coming!

Sorry Tom that was the wrong shot, should have been this one, not the Fury

John

Keep it coming!

Old model and texture, but still stands up well, Greg made some very nice models!

John

Keep it coming!

That poor German pilot John, how about flying a bit higher up into the real thin air,lol Geez, you Brits are hard on German pilots

hmm yea, is a bit high for an open pit isn't it haha

This one's a bit lower!

John

Keep it coming!

Did better then I did john, got a bit too low and it cost me,lol

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Did better then I did john, got a bit too low and it cost me,lol

How did you get ground clutter like that? That's incredible!
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

grover1, its from a different sim, not CFS3. Just giving John a hard time,lol I can't get CFS3 to run consistently anymore, and got sick of trying, so moved on to something else that will run better for me. Had a lot of great years with it, including getting to work with John in the original Rats group that made MAW.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    grover1, its from a different sim, not CFS3. Just giving John a hard time,lol I can't get CFS3 to run consistently anymore, and got sick of trying, so moved on to something else that will run better for me. Had a lot of great years with it, including getting to work with John in the original Rats group that made MAW.
    That's too bad that you can't get CFS3 to work for you. I might be able to help you out - depending on what your operating system is. What sim is that? I'm assuming DCS World or IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad or one of the IL-2 Great Battles series?

I'm an avid DCS player myself, but I always get brought back to the simpler flight simulations of CFS3 for their sandbox modes.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Its IL-2, BOS, and thanks for the offer. But have used CFS3 since it first came out, and its time for me to move on. I drop by to see what the guys are up to, making things for this sim, but I can't get into it anymore. I run WOTR just fine, so if I get an itch to get into it again, I use that sim. No goofy config to worry about, not bat files to mess with, just start it up and it runs. If they could configure the original CFS3 that way, I would run it now and then, but it isn't like that sadly.

Well you did get it lower than me Scott!

Here's one with traditional roundels just for you Scott!
    John

Keep it coming!

Looking great John, as always!

Due to some crappy weather, I've had a bit of time on my hands, so I dug out an old template I started a long time ago. Stock model of coarse, so a bit iffy in places!

John

Keep it coming!

Having been inside a B-25 the body is surprisingly narrow.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Like most WW2 bombers,they aren't particularly roomy. Lancasters are really narrow as well.