Screenshots! - Page 71
Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2161636465666768697071727374757677787981121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3116

Thread: Screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    LOL Yea tell me about it Dan, it's one the two wild one's you asked me to do! here's the other, which will fit nicely into MAW!

Dang, I should have looked closer, I didn't realize that one was so complex! Both are looking great though!

Thanks Foute Man and John, appreciate the information!!

i have two very interesting articles by peter scott about the september markings. so from this point i'm only the messenger

- markings were applied from september 7th on, and in some occasions were carried untill november 1940.
    - no luftwaffe record found (so far) with the order to paint the markings, so exact purpose (of the variation) of the markings unknown, but most likely to mark their place in the big formation
    - there's is photographic evidence that suggest that a complete unit would have carried the same markings, however there's also enough evidence that shows variation of the markings of the same unit of the same day.
    - black and white pictures and crash reports would suggest the markings to be white only, there are just to many examples in crash report by british intelligence officers about pink markings to mark them as incorrect. and why questioning an officer's observation if every other observartion he made can be confirmed or labeled as plausible..... no photographic evidence of yellow markings, but again several records in british intelligence reports... still enought reports with markings "white". so markings could either be applied in white, pink and yellow.
    - correct value for pink is unknown, as there is no 1940 ral color chart (according to peter scott - fm). one suggestion is that the pink paint was borrowed from the wehrmacht (in use to stencil unit markings on vehicles). in a november 1940 crash report the pink is described as "salmon pink", and that value is know in allied 1940 color charts. the pink could be field mixed, but without written order no known formula..... so the exact shade of pink is still speculative
    - markings appear to be on luftflotte 2 bombers only, seen on do17z from kg 3 and i & iii./kg 76, ju88a from kg 77 (and probably also from ii./kg 76) and he111 from kg 1, kg 26 and kg 53
    - the theory is that the number of markings on the rudder would be repeated on the wing. this cannot be proven in all occasions, as the markings don't show on photo'son wing and rudder or the markings weren't mentioned in crash report. (british crash reports weren't written according to an exact protocol (yet), so it is possible that an officer did not label the markings as relevant and therefore did not mention them)
    - in general do17z had vertical markings on wing (outboard of the balkenkreuz) and a horizontal mark on rudder/fin, ju88a and he111 had horizontal markings on the wings (inboard of the balkenkreuz) and vertical markings on rudder/fin....but as always, there are confirmed exeptions to the rule

attached some screenshots of works in progress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 025.jpg   Image 051.jpg   Image 050.jpg   Image 019.jpg  
    There's only one Foute Man........

Thanks Ton, very interesting stuff!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Thanks Ton, very interesting stuff!
    if interested in the articles, pm me your email and i weil send them to you (or send you a link), or perhaps you might have them somewhere in your digital library....

there is article in the october 2004 issue of Model Aircraft Monthly called "mystery markings" and a second one as a chapter in "On Target Special 09 - The Battle of Britain" published in 2010
    There's only one Foute Man........

beautiful heinkel images, it is harder and harder to recognise which game such kind of screenshots came from is it really CFS3? not WT or IL-2 Battle of... ones?

Some work in progress He111's of the BoB era from Ton 'Fouteman' The plan is for a series of w40, BoB, and Blitz H types as well as some P types. Seems some cooperation might be called for.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He111H-3  a.jpg   He111H-3  b.jpg   He111H-3  c.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Dan has done a bit of editing, looks so much better now with glass!
    Also doing a few Eastern Front schemes.
    Fingerlicking good, John!!

Daniel, care to share your 'glass recipe'? I can't seem to find convincing values for glass in gmax... (well, Perspex, actually)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I don't know if it's "mine" really, Steve's been doing almost the same thing for a while. How this translates to gmax I don't know, but here's the specs (all values in hex):
    Reflective - on
    Color RGB - 96 96 96
    Transparency - 35
    Specular RGB - e5 e5 e5
    Glossiness - 00 00 00 44
    No textures applied

Here's how it looks in the m3d:
    00 00 FF 00 - 96 96 96 35 - 00 00 00 FF - E5 E5 E5 FF - 00 00 00 44 - FF FF FF FF

Works well for most applications on the exterior, glass in the VC usually needs to be toned down more.

Those are looking good Ton, I like the overspray pattern on the pink bars - definitely field applied!

Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I don't know if it's "mine" really, Steve's been doing almost the same thing for a while. How this translates to gmax I don't know, but here's the specs (all values in hex):
    Reflective - on
    Color RGB - 96 96 96
    Transparency - 35
    Specular RGB - e5 e5 e5
    Glossiness - 00 00 00 44
    No textures applied

Here's how it looks in the m3d:
    00 00 FF 00 - 96 96 96 35 - 00 00 00 FF - E5 E5 E5 FF - 00 00 00 44 - FF FF FF FF

Works well for most applications on the exterior, glass in the VC usually needs to be toned down more.
    Thanks!!
    I 'll see if I can translate that to gmax in some way.

Ive already tried yesterday.

the Specular RGB match gmax gray 229 229 229
    the Glossiness Ive set as to gmax 90 44 0.1. could be a wrong decision of course.

but the final ingame result depends VERY hows the user personal game config file tweaks.

Thanks to Dan for adding the 'glass' effect to 2 of Ton's standalone beta 2048 texture aircraft.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do17z Glass 1.jpg   Ju88A1 glass.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    Ive already tried yesterday.

the Specular RGB match gmax gray 229 229 229
    the Glossiness Ive set as to gmax 90 44 0.1. could be a wrong decision of course.

but the final ingame result depends VERY hows the user personal game config file tweaks.
    Thanks Borek,

I 've found that RGB value as well but hadn't decided yet on the glossiness values. I 'll give yours a try. I 'm building for stock ETO (no file tweaks) so the rest is up to the end user.

good luck, mate I was hunting for some proper gmax settings by past.

unfortuantelly each gmax model maker does it its own way and the final ingame result depends on combination of many other game gonfig related factors... yet some people hacks the m3d to match their personal feeling.

to find any proper material settings is a mission impossible.

Many new things lately..Great pics guys !

Last edited by wiekniera; November 21st, 2018 at 05:24.

WIP Boreks AR-234 B2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs43a.jpg   cfs42a.jpg   cfs50a.jpg   cfs48a.jpg   cfs51a.jpg  

Simply Beautiful! I really need to finish getting my rig running again.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you for the shots, Wiek
    Ive got the latest changes from the Ar 234 project support team, so its should be really ready for the public release soon. Very very soon

Thanks majormagee !

@Boreks
    your welcome mete ! and thank you for this new sexy lady !
    Im thinking boreks will do rebuilding our old ME-262 and GO-229 !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs21b.jpg   cfs17b.jpg   cfs13b.jpg   cfs34a.jpg  

Oh yes, Wiek,
    If there is not a better Me 262 and Go 229 as what stock CFS3 or Firepower offers, then its not too far from my plan. That is also why Ive asked whats the content of ETO or such megamods - without success.

Now I know most of users would prefer to fly the real german jets then some "paper" planes.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    Oh yes, Wiek,
    If there is not a better Me 262 and Go 229 as what stock CFS3 or Firepower offers, then its not too far from my plan. That is also why Ive asked whats the content of ETO or such megamods - without success.

Now I know most of users would prefer to fly the real german jets then some "paper" planes.

+1 Yes please!