Joe Kittinger's 102,800 ft record under threat

Thread: Joe Kittinger's 102,800 ft record under threat

Charter Member 2011

Joe Kittinger's 102,800 ft record under threat

Austrian daredevil Feliz Baumgartner announced on Tuesday he will make a record skydiving jump from a balloon 120,000 feet, or the edge of space

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16931190

Charter Member 2011
    wish him luck!! seeing red bull plastered all over the renders of the "basket" means they'll strap a shed load of HD cameras all over him!!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

one word........... why?

I Spoke to Joe K. Once

I sat next to Joe K. at a dinner once upon a time and asked him if he was concerned about risking his life. I'm sure he had gotten this question numerous times before, but he still answered amiably. He said that he was an Air Force engineer at the time and all the folks working on that project spent a load of time mathematically analyzing the task (i.e., slide rules). In his mind he had no doubt that the experiment would be successful otherwise he would not have done it! I hope this 'new guy' is approaching it from the test pilot / engineer perspective and not the "daredevil" perspective!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

The guy's a nut and needs to be locked up, lol. why??
    Mark

I'm all for the adventurous human spirit thing, but really it's has been done before...there's not much point to this one.