Virtavia: More older Alphasim titles to be released as freeware
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia: More older Alphasim titles to be released as freeware

Virtavia: More older Alphasim titles to be released as freeware

Picked this up at http://www.virtavia.com/ :

Several older AlphaSim titles are being released as freeware in the coming days and weeks, starting with the EFA Typhoon package from 2006. For the first time, an FSX portover version is now an option. The FS9 HUD and radar were not compatible with FSX, but an all-new FSX flight model has been added. The original HUD is still mapped in, so users can add a suitable display of their choosing by amending the panel.cfg. The original FS9 sounds are included in both versions. These new freeware reelases will all be in the .msi autoinstaller format for easy installion. The Typhoon is available now, just head over to the Freeware pages : Virtavia Freeware Site

Attachment 58218

The original Alpha EFA Typhoon had a very unique radar system, much like the original Alpha F-22. The Typhoon also had an additional paint scheme (Non RAF) package. Aside from that, the Alpha Typhoon is an exceptional model to fly, very fast and agile. The panel layout and gauges are superb. I have the Alpha Typhoon installed and along with the F-105D package that they did, I consider the Typhoon one of Alpha's best.

Hopefully Virtavia's version is the same "hot rod" with all the bells and whistles... and FOR FREE... you just can't beat that deal. Just my 2 bits is all.:ernae:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Happy day!I have been needing a Typhoon in my collection.Will keep my radar active to see what other surprises are released and what (very)few Alphas I never got around to purchasing.

Joel

Purchased it when it was payware (FS9). Really hope we can swap out the HUD. That was my one grevance against it but I could never find a way to put in a replacement.

Think i've still got the paintkit somewhere......

Bravo Virtavia/Alphasim, they lead by example.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I've taken the 2 seater up for two hops today, what a nimble machine ! Hat's off to Virtavia/Alphasim for this gift !!! Mike :ernae:

Even MORE freeware is released! Check under "British" and "Others"!

Thank you,you fantastic Alphasim guys!

Joel

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Found the Avro Arrow, MiG-23 and the Lysander, anything else I've missed?

Edit: Fulll ist:

Avro Vulcan (FS9)
    CF-105 Arrow (new) (FS9, FSX)
    Ju87D Stuka - includes
    Ju87 G-1 Tankbuster (FS02, CFS2, FS9)
    LUN Ekranoplan (FS9, FSX)
    Westland
    Lynx AH7 - includes AH9, HAS3 and HMA8, sounds (FS02, FS9)
    Westland Lysander
    - includes Mk1, Mk3A, TT3, sounds (FS02, FS9)
    MiG-23 (FS9)

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I think the MiG-23 includes the original gauges. I'm surprised because they are a nice xml based
    set and Phil talked about holding them back. Might be wise to grab them if even vaguely interested.

Also I think the Lynx has been requested for quite some time.
    :ernae:

sods law..... i find my AS Typhoon Paintkit CD, and forget my CD Drive is Tango-Uniform.... AAAAARGH!

Thanks so much Virtavia/Alphasim!

T.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I think the MiG-23 includes the original gauges. I'm surprised because they are a nice xml based
    set and Phil talked about holding them back. Might be wise to grab them if even vaguely interested.

After viewing the included docs it appears that the MiG-23 does have the original XML set... basically appear to be the same gauges found in the Tu-22 and Tu-160 packs from Alpha.
    The CF-105 also has an excellent panel and gauge set.

Hats off to Alpha/Virtavia for this generous gift to the FS9 and FSX community.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

Avro Vulcan (FS9)
    Ju87D Stuka - includes
    Westland
    Westland Lysander
    MiG-23 (FS9)

Some others I hadn't noticed there before; for example, was the Skywarrior available as freeware earlier?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Some others I hadn't noticed there before; for example, was the Skywarrior available as freeware earlier?
    Yeah Skywarriors been up there for a while now I think same goes for the B-66 destroyer

Hooky:salute:

Just saw a thread over at CalClassics about the B-36 and how most of the files got trashed in the Avsim hack.
    Apparently they don't plan anything for FS9 but are hinting at an FSX revival, which is too bad for us CPU challenged.

So I wondered if anyone has their B-36, and whether Virtavia/Avsim would object to its being made available here?

Everyone should have a B-36, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Yeah Skywarriors been up there for a while now I think same goes for the B-66 destroyer

Hooky:salute:
    Knew about the B-66, just never saw the Skywarrior there before. Didn't worry me because I already had it, I used to get most Alphasim releases as soon as they emerged.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Yes, the Lynx has in deed. The Futrue Lynx should not be alone. :ernae:

@AndyG43 - Alphasim did an older Skywarrior. That one was up for free. Don't know if the new reference is to the newer one Virtavia was selling or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

Avro Vulcan (FS9)
    Ju87D Stuka - includes
    Westland
    Westland Lysander
    MiG-23 (FS9)

Oh, good! I've been hoping they'd free up the Lysander; always been fond of that airplane

N.

Thanks Virtavia! As always, your generosity is most appreciated.

I've always had an unwritten agreement with Alphasim/Virtavia. For every three freeware they give up, I always try and pick up a payware from them. After getting the Skyray and the Neptune for Christmas, I'm going to have to look and see what else tickles my fancy.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Great stuff Virtavia, thanks alot, id recomend the Vulcan, bought that when it first came out and it oftern gets flown.
    Im hoping SteveB's got room in his paint shed for that Mig 23
    Cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Great stuff Virtavia, thanks alot, id recomend the Vulcan, bought that when it first came out and it oftern gets flown.
    Im hoping SteveB's got room in his paint shed for that Mig 23
    Cheers ian
    Michael Pearson did a load of Flogger paints, for this model, Itosan's and the Iris MiG-27; about 8 pages worth at Avsim.
    Andy

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Found a repaint pack for the Arrow over at Avsim by Pierre Lheureux; two real and five fictional RCAF paints, and also two paints for the Ekranoplan.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post

For every three freeware they give up, I always try and pick up a payware from them. After getting the Skyray and the Neptune for Christmas, I'm going to have to look and see what else tickles my fancy.
    I know what you mean. I bought the Neptune and Sea Vixen during that sale thay had over Christmas.

Looking forward to grabbing the Vulcan and Lysander.

Still hoping that Virtavia will make their FS9 F-8E Crusader available again. Freeware is nice but payware's OK too, I don't care. I didn't have FS9 when they released it and when I finally got it the 'Sader was off the market.

Members who have read this thread: 12