Tauranga Air Show Pics (NZ)

Thread: Tauranga Air Show Pics (NZ)

Tauranga Air Show Pics (NZ)

New camera so reasonably pleased with these...

Absolutely beautiful aircraft ! Mike

Some more....one of the Yellow Stearmans as pictured below is been flown by SOH member Pete Ham...

Excellent photos, Naki! It is great to see Doug's Spitfire up and flying again - that aircraft (or perhaps owner) has had some of the worst luck over the past few years. Hoping for an incident-free 2012 for Doug and MH367.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Nice pics!

I sure wish they would repaint that FG-1D. The only airworthy clipped-wing Corsair in the world should be wearing a Fleet Air Arm paint scheme.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks John. Yep first time I have seen Doug's Spitfire ....it suppose to be at the Wanaka Air Show so far so good for 2012. Pty the Spitfire display on Sunday was shortened as the cross wind made it diificult for them to land with the narrow track undercarriage ..they had to fly home without landing at Tauranga.

Re the Corsair..actually it should be in RNZAF colours (it was but got repainted for its time overseas) as its an ex RNZAF Corsair - the only one flying in anywhere (another is under restoration in the US).

I didn't know there was a Cri-Cri in NZ. Some great planes there. I wonder, has A29-448 still got her working machine guns fitted? The Hunter looks good and good to see that back in the air, but what have they done to the Bluntie! I realise sponsorship helps with the running costs, but.............Great shots, by the way and good to see the weather held out. Would also like to see NZ3009 back in RNZAF colours.....as well as 5468.

Ther eare two Cri Cri in NZ as far as I know and both were at the show.

Good point re machine guns on Currawong..not sure whether they are going..maybe its Wanaka Airshow only thing?

Yes agree re the Bluntie and NZ3009....hopefully the Bluntie bright scheme is temporary

hehe thanks Naki, you've saved me taking the camera. I was talking with one of the Classic Hangar staff on Sunday. He was saying an airworthy A4 Skyhawk & Macchi are headed their way in the next month or two, c/o the taxpayer. They'll be cool to see at the next one.

Cheers!
    LPXO

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Thanks
    Lovely postings
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

SOH-CM-2020
    You've got some great pics there, Thanks Paul

That's me in the Stearman pic ( in the middle leading the formation ).

Good to catch up with you the other day.

Next time .....

Pete.

Charter Member 2011

Great Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    That's me in the Stearman pic ( in the middle leading the formation )
    Too right! catch up next time, with more time... here you go:
    [YOUTUBE]t2bZrdn2uCs&list=UUO1vQGj8WGqdIRbfGPtbE4g&index=1& feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]