Any freeware russian fighter (apart from MIG-21F)

Thread: Any freeware russian fighter (apart from MIG-21F)

Any freeware russian fighter (apart from MIG-21F)

Hi guys.
    Looking for a goodlooking freeware russian fighter apart from the mikojan Mig 21 F i already know. Ideas?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Three that come to mind:

Alphasim Mig-25
    Iris Mig-27 Flogger
    Iris Mig-29 Fulcrum

All are former payware now released as freeware. All have some minor issues in FSX, inasmuch as they were FS9 models to begin with. To varying degrees (I believe the Fulcrum works the best in FSX), they're enjoyable gems until/if they get redone in a higher quality.

There's been some beta SU-7s floating around, but I found they had quite a few issues - again, designed for FS9, not FSX. That's a pity, because I absolutely love the clean, pure lines of the early Fitters.

Hope that is some help,

DL

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm assuming he meant apart from either of the Jan Moravec/Ivan Jurcaga Mig-21 F-13 or MF models ...

So far you're out of luck in the FSX-Native freeware realm other than Ivan's -21MF (the F-13 is non-native unless there was an update that I missed).
    The IRIS stuff, as mentioned, is non-native as well.

If you want to consider the payware side, you have the following:

Lotus Simulations Aero L-39C (it's a Czechoslovakian trainer, but is/was used by the VVS and is simply too good to not include in this list!)
    ALS-Sim/Flight1 Sukhoi Su-27B + SKM
    Bear Studios/Flight1 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15
    '' '' '' Mig-17

I believe that Lotus Simulations was working on a MiG-29 Fulcrum for FSX, but I'm not sure if that project is still ongoing.

Many thanks guys

Iris Mig-29 Fulcrum did the service i needed.
    Even if a FS9 it's a good AI plane for fsx.
    I had to take some movie tracks with FSrecorder about dogfighting Mig-21, mig-29, F-16, F-15.
    Capsim weapons and so on, you know...

By the way...I shooted an Abrams tank on ground since i found its model around the net. Does anyone know about a soviet tank?

Quote Originally Posted by robertorizzo View Post
    Iris Mig-29 Fulcrum did the service i needed.
    Even if a FS9 it's a good AI plane for fsx.
    I had to take some movie tracks with FSrecorder about dogfighting Mig-21, mig-29, F-16, F-15.
    Capsim weapons and so on, you know...

By the way...I shooted an Abrams tank on ground since i found its model around the net. Does anyone know about a soviet tank?
    MAIW did a real AI MiG-29. It's available in one of their packages: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

I know, not a fighter, and not really russian but may be include in the list because it was used by them: Mr. Piglet Aero L-29 Delfin (Ports over really well to fsx)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I believe that Lotus Simulations was working on a MiG-29 Fulcrum for FSX, but I'm not sure if that project is still ongoing.
    No he's not working on it ATM and not sure of its future..apparently working on something else - something simpler...dying to know what it is as I will be keen on whatever Lotus produce.