KC Flight Shop Republic RC-3 SeaBee Now Released! (Payware)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: KC Flight Shop Republic RC-3 SeaBee Now Released! (Payware)

KC Flight Shop Republic RC-3 SeaBee Now Released! (Payware)

Nuff said.
    The wait is over....

http://www.kcflightshop.com/?page_id=245

KCFS RC-3 Seabee Released!

Thank you ALL for waiting patiently for this. Its been a LONG project, but one that I think is well worth the wait.

Attachment 57588

KC FlightShop Introduces the Republic RC-3 Seabee an all-metal amphibious sports aircraft designed by Percival Spencer in 1944 and the RC-1 made its first flight with Spencer at the controls. By the end of 1944 Republic had received 1,972 civilian orders for the $3,500 airplane. The Navy granted Republic Aviation the rights to use the name Seabee for the civilian version. Today, more than 60 years after production ended, the Seabee is still the most popular amphibian on the used-market…

The KC FlightShop recreates the first production RC-3 Seabee with original equipment as released from the factory for a vintage flight experience, the fully interactive VC uses 3D gauges throughout with every system modeled.
     Features include HD quality textures (2048 x 2048).
     Authentic HQ digital stereo sounds.
     Fully animated pilot
     Kneeboard checklist with performance tables.
     Realistic night lights effect in the virtual cockpit..
     FSX features: external dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC,volumetric normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lights.
     FPS. friendly model
     Interactive virtual cockpit.
     Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
     Animated Doors
     Lights: Panel Lights, Navigation lights, landing and cabin lights.
     Fully normal mapped interior.
     Compatible with Addon Hardware and Shared Cockpit Functions
     Easy to use paintkit
     Realistic behaviour, pilot tested to match the real airplane.
     Help from many pilot and owners of real Seabee’s for accuracy and authenticity

Visit the KC FlightShop http://www.kcflightshop.com/ for a look at this new release!

For any support, please visit our forums at www.kcflightshop.com/forum/ and register. Its free and automatic!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Were you just hitting F5 on my web page? Shiesh! Still writing up the press release!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Were you just hitting F5 on my web page? Shiesh! Still writing up the press release!
    Nooope.

Just got home from work, checked to see if it was out yet.
    Checked the page, 'Button' was live.
    I pressed it.

Call it 'Kismet". LOL.

EDIT: Wow, great looking pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    EDIT: Wow, great looking pilot!
    I hope thats not the only thing you think is great looking!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    I hope thats not the only thing you think is great looking!
    Nooope.

It's all good, inside and out.
    Especially over Maui.

Thanks, Kevin! Great job!

Kevin, this has the WOW Factor locked up from the get-go. I didn't have a lot of time to fly her (gotta go out of town early in the AM), but I wanted to get at least one flight in before I hit the pillow. Flew from Friday Harbor over to Stuart Island (great view on final to rwy 27 at Stuart). This beauty will help me get reacquainted with the South Pacific Islands and the Great Northwest. Beautiful airplane, terrific sound set, so smooth on final it almost seems like you could land hands-off. Just an excellent job all the way around. . . .Congratulations Kevin!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Oh man, I can't wait till im back home and can fly her. :mixedsmi:

Congrats on the release Kevin!

I agree with Ed after a few minutes tooling around Put-In-Bay Ohio. My only issue is there is almost no lateral control at low speed on the ground. She's all over the place. Full disclosure, I have not read the fun manual yet. She seems to be OK on water and wonderful airborne. Why would I fly her any place else, anyway. The first strip I tried to fly from was grass. Not fun. That aside, this is one fun ride. Very well done.

Glenn

Looks very interesting ! Crg!

Just cant find James Bond in VC !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looking spectacular!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations on the release, Kevin!

I will uploading a few paints I did for this lovely birds over the next few days, here's the first three:

N6295K of Kenmore Air:

SE-AXM, a Swedish Seabee currently under restoration

and VH-WET, as far as I know the only Seabee that made it to downunder.

more to come..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks for your help in the beta Jan. Your Kenmore Air Seabee livery lead me into an interesting adventure. I live up here in the PNW and VERY close to Kenmore's main base in Kenmore. I love riding by it and seeing all the Beavers out there! I never knew HOW they started till you posted that livery! I did a little research, and it turns out Kenmore Air started out as a Seabee sales office for the PNW!!! They ran there own Seabee doing bush flying around the area, and that started the famous Kenmore Air! Very interesting, as I know a few of the Kenmore pilots. I worked with one at ACES back in the days. After ACES closed he became a full time pilot at Kenmore. I should say HI to him!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Will this be available anywhere other than Flight1?

Icon5

Have been following the thread on this . Bought it . Thank you !
    Very nice but cannot seem to get her over 90 atm. First thing first though, stop flying and read the manual !!
    Looks nice with a nice cockpit to sit in<LABEL for=rb_iconid_19>..</LABEL>

Unhappy

Well, sad news here. After looking forward to this bird so long, I went to download and ESET freaked out. It blocked, quarantined, and deleted the file claiming it contained a "variant of Win32/Packed.Themida potentially unwanted application." I am assuming that this is a false-positive (as others have obviously downloaded successfully); but before I risk it, can anyone confirm that the above-mentioned application is safe and supposed to be there? I'm sure I won't be the only one with this problem (other ESET NOD32 users will likely experience the same thing).
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    . . . . . .Very nice but cannot seem to get her over 90 atm. . . . . .
    Yep, she wasn't really built for speed and depending on winds aloft you might see that number go a bit higher or a bit lower, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That is normal , its impossible for me to keep an F1 installer on any computer without setting my AV program to accept as safe the installers so they dont end up in quarenteen.

Best CJ

Update . . . after doing some research, I've found that Themida is legitimate software that is used to protect files from being "reverse engineered" by hackers. In this case, it is probably part of the Flight1 wrapper's anti-piracy protections. However, Themida (ironically) is often used by hackers and vandals to keep anti-virus software from detecting a threat until it is already installed and has delivered its payload. ESET (on their forums) strongly suggests not allowing a program protected by Themida to run. As much as I trust Kevin and KCFS (and as much as I desperately want to fly this beautiful plane), I can't risk exposing my carefully set-up and tuned machine to a potential reformatting and reinstall due to some hacker's malicious joke. I guess I'm out of luck on this one (which is a HUGE disappointment) unless there will be a way to purchase without the Themida risk; or until someone with ESET has played the guinea pig and ignored the warning, installed, and run a full system scan to determine the safety. Any takers?
    --Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Update . . . after doing some research, I've found that Themida is legitimate software that is used to protect files from being "reverse engineered" by hackers. In this case, it is probably part of the Flight1 wrapper's anti-piracy protections. However, Themida (ironically) is often used by hackers and vandals to keep anti-virus software from detecting a threat until it is already installed and has delivered its payload. ESET (on their forums) strongly suggests not allowing a program protected by Themida to run. As much as I trust Kevin and KCFS (and as much as I desperately want to fly this beautiful plane), I can't risk exposing my carefully set-up and tuned machine to a potential reformatting and reinstall due to some hacker's malicious joke. I guess I'm out of luck on this one (which is a HUGE disappointment) unless there will be a way to purchase without the Themida risk; or until someone with ESET has played the guinea pig and ignored the warning, installed, and run a full system scan to determine the safety. Any takers?

KillBilly,
    This was posted by Kevin over at his forums:

"Please make sure to run the F1 installer ad administrator! (Right click on the exe file, left click "Run as admin") to give the F1 wrapper proper permissions within Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Some anti-virus programs can possibly detect the F1 wrapper as a virus. This is a very well known and documented problem. Simply ignore the virus warnings, or disable anti-virus for the duration of the installation."

You won't have any problems with his download- I was one of the BETA testers and downloaded many files...
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Update . . . after doing some research, I've found that Themida is legitimate software that is used to protect files from being "reverse engineered" by hackers. In this case, it is probably part of the Flight1 wrapper's anti-piracy protections.
    This is a well-known and documented "False Positive," meaning that while your AV is detecting a Themida signature, it has no way to distinguish between a legitimate and illegitimate package.

Flight1 has been asking AV folks for YEARS to update their signature files to stop this false reporting to absolutely no avail. See post #14 in this thread from Steve Halpern directed to the folks at ESET (makers of NOD32), dated September 13, 2007:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184840

See also this thread at AVSIM from 2009. What it comes down to in the end is whether you trust the source of the software you're trying to install. Flight1 has been in business more than long enough to have earned our trust.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thanks, Gents. I'm very happy to hear that this is a known issue and the file is safe. I'm off to download!
    --Brian

Looks great... I may have to pick this one up.

Here is a great link for the Republic SeaBee
    Lots of good reading...
    http://www.seabee.info/seabee.htm
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

This is wonderful news. Although I actually prefer the twin, I've been drooling over this since the first time I saw of it's release.

With having recently had my main gaming PC stolen, I'm using a borrowed lower spec machine just now, meaning I can't really use some of the more heavy duty addons. So, this release is PERFECT for me at the moment.

Off to download NOW!

Thanks Kevin AND ALL OTHERS involved for bringing us this magical little bird!

If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Members who have read this thread: 0