Can't see out of my SimFlight3D Cessna 140

Thread: Can't see out of my SimFlight3D Cessna 140

Can't see out of my SimFlight3D Cessna 140

I attempted to put my Cessna 140 in FSX. Everything works but I can't see out of it in vc mode. Anybody have any idea as to which texture file might need changing and what to do with it? It's one of the very few FS9 aircraft that I would really like to have in FSX. There is no substitute for it, either freeware or payware. The closest is a payware Cessna 120.

Edit: I see that several people have looked at this request. Was I in error to post this here since it is payware? I purchased the FS9 version. I also just found that I can purchase a FSX version. Kinda hate to part with another 24 bucks though.

So if I violated SOH policy, I'd appreciate someone p.m. me and then one of the staff can take this down.

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

Was it raining when you tried the plane? There's a bug in FSX when it comes to FS9 planes and rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Was it raining when you tried the plane? There's a bug in FSX when it comes to FS9 planes and rain.
    Nope wasn't raining. Since I posted, I've messed with every texture file. Still NO JOY! What's crazy is I ported over another airplane from FS9. I can see out of the vc in it but, the whole middle of the panel is transparent. Go figure...

RD

Unfortunately there are a multitude of issues with port-overs. Many will port with the minimum of edits, especially where the prop and glass are concerened. The FsX version of course works with no issues.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Roger is correct. Some FS9 aircraft port into FSX nicely, sometimes with just changes to prop textures, sometimes glass textures as well, perhaps some editing of the aircraft cfg file. Others do not port well at all and require changes to the model, something that only the developer can do.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Well, the consensus seems to be....NO JOY on this particular airplane. It will have to remain in my FS9 install. That's not a real problem for me as I have FS9 tweaked to the max and thoroughly enjoy it.

Whether I do my simming in FS9 or FSX will depend upon the particular airplane I'm in the mood to fly....Been flying in FSX recently as I purchased SibWings Cessna Birddog. Cost a little more than most of my payware add-ons but, in my opinion it was worth it.

Lima Golf (Life's Good)

Romeo-Delta