Mach Loop Wales flightplan?

Thread: Mach Loop Wales flightplan?

Hybrid View

Mach Loop Wales flightplan?

I'm looking for the Mach Loop flightplan
    Any idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHQ4zOnPL0

Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

It's something like this, although cunningly the only Low Flying map I have stops about half way across it so the Northern bit is an educated guess.

Your best bet is to take off from RAF Valley, head south down the coast and then turn in when you reach the right lattitude (~N52.55), at which point it should be fairly easy to pick up the valley, you're then just following the road in a counter-clockwise circle. Note I've only done it once and that was in a Jetstream which made the whole experience much more civilised.

Attachment 57058

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    I'm not sure of the exact flight plan, but if you take of from <st1lace w:st="on"><st1lacename w:st="on">RAF</st1lacename> <st1lacetype w:st="on">Valley </st1lacetype></st1lace>on Anglesey North Wales, Head east and cross over the Menai strait you will see the Snowdonia mountains. Find the largest passage, you will fly over a lake,and your on your way (although in the films they actualy go the other direction). <o></o>

You will find it very spectacular if you have the Horizon photo scenery for <st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> & <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Wales</st1:country-region></st1lace> installed.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

A while ago I made this feeble attempt - see attached, I'd be happy if someone could do a better one. It is a VFR FSX flightplan file, the idea is to depart from RAF Llanbedr, fly the Loop (counter clockwise) and land at RAF Valley. It helps to use the GPS...

Attachment 57060Attachment 57059
    Attachment 57062

Thank you Gentlemen!
    Tomorrow flying low, there...

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Don't frighten the sheep! They have a bad enough time amongst the Taffys.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Joining from the Bwlch area (which is between Lake Bala, an obvious visual reference, and Cadair Idris) you head towards Cadair and look for the V shaped entry to the left of that mountain. If you are leaving the pattern you continue straight ahead over the Tal-y-Llyn lake towards Tywyn, however if you are going around for another run you should position yourself to the right side of the valley ready for a sharp turn just before the lake ('Corris Corner'). If you've positioned yourself correctly, it's between 90 and 100 degrees - too fast or a lazy turn will see you in the hillside. Follow the valley down to just north of Machynlleth, then turn to follow the Dyfi Valley north easterly until you reach Dinas-Mawddwy - turn just before there and drop over the top back into the circuit.

If you have google earth installed, have a look before you fly it. There are quite a few valleys around there and it's easy to follow the wrong one and find yourself with no exit if you've not planned it.

Not a flight plan, but MSPG Simulations have some interesting "spotters" scenery for the Mach Loop:

http://www.mspgsimulations.com/mach-loop-fsx.html

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2