MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

I can only purchase one right now, so I was just wondering what F-15 to buy. I am looking for feed back from both sides. Thanks for any advise.

I think to get any answer you're looking for, what, aside from price are you seeking in the one you want to buy? Though both same airframe, both offer different things that make each one unique in it's own right. Are you looking for in depth avionics, Flyable missions, Eyecandy, Ctl-E start up, price, etc? Anyway, you will get a wide variety of replies, few unbiased so it will ultimately come down to what it is you're seeking. Also, cruise through all the threads started by both companies, to show their wares off and their attention to fixing what needs fixing. You will find many passionate viewpoints that all share a desire to have the biggest bang for the dollar.

I realize this didn't answer what you're seeking, but you asked a very vague question.

Milviz thread:Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle aka The "mudhen" released (Payware) and Freeware Missions, AI Traffic and Airbases for MilViz F-15E

Iris thread: IRIS F-15E 'Mudhen Driver' WIP Thread and Official] IRIS - Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver support

Matt

Charter Member 2012
    I own both (purchased both on the day of launch) - at the moment i cant stop flying the iris version as everything seems to work on it with loads of nice features. Once Milviz sorts out the important update i may feel differently.

If you loved the Aerosoft F-16 - you'll love the Iris F-15.

Does it really matter

When you have one and see how it flies you 'll want to know how the other one works. I made plans for both and will fly both. Just waiting for FSPilotshop to get it together.

Jim

I always wanted a 15 but I'm like many I'm not going to buy every version that hits market

After the failed c27 patch and the decsion back then to leave it as is and the poor state of support on thier forums, I elected to go the milviz package

Milviz have an outstanding track record for support which reflects in thier forums, which for me was one of th main influencing factors

Besides that I find the iris models cartoon-ish in the texture front and the names of their staff members and thier mates on the side on the paints is a turn off for me, noting those concerns I show very little interest in their models

While some may disagree, that's my choice and views why I didn't go with the iris model, I've been burnt and not keen on wasting money on something I won't be happy with

The milviz bird for me is great, it has excellent frame rates, excellent textures and etc etc etc, I'm more than confident with the sp it will only go forward

Where after past experiences with iris I honestly couldnt say the same

Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Dedication is when you have a fresh pizza sitting in the kitchen, with your favorite show on TV...and you're at the PC filming for the video!
    HAHAHAH! Yes. You reminded me, I need to eat. O.o

Charter Member 2012
    Im still enjoying both versions - both have plus points

I don't have the Milviz version yet but I'm enjoying the Iris version alot it's really nice and pretty easy to use, however i would say that people with lower end systems might struggle to get good frames with the Iris version at present.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I actually don't have the best rig in town and with the option of textures....it helps ALOT! Thanks IRIS for this option!

Judging by the colour coding on the missiles, the shape of the external tanks and the contours of the fwd part of the CFTs it's pretty obvious who's the best researcher. I am extremely happy with my own choice ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I actually don't have the best rig in town and with the option of textures....it helps ALOT! Thanks IRIS for this option!
    You know what your right, I just found those lol! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post

Nice compo shot, but which is which?

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    I have both F-15E´s but the IRIS performs better on my PC.
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Nice compo shot, but which is which?
    Iris above, MilViz below
    Alan

~ A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory ~

Quote Originally Posted by keatles View Post
    Iris above, MilViz below
    Much obliged, kinda guessed that from the little details, sure are some differences in basic shape and form of two identical models. Either ones too short, or the other too long, I suspect in sim both are the same length but the height to length ratio on one will be different, a common problem with some drawings around the net these days. No idea which is right or wrong, if either, or both, but there is a clear difference.

Charter Member 2012
    Wow Michael - i never noticed as i had made one more distant than the other so i did not take much notice.

You are right - I'd say the noses are the most different.

Wow Michael - i never noticed as i had made one more distant than the other so i did not take much notice.

You are right - I'd say the noses are the most different.
    Its not just the noses, the canopy, spine, fast pack, fins and rear end around the elevons too, I've taken your shot and rescaled the lower one to the same length as the upper one, that way the length height ratio can be seen easier, if they're both the correct length then either one is too tall or the other too slim height wise.

Attachment 56969

Thinking I like the sleeker look of the upper one but the lower is closer to real world as I compare them to actual photos on my desk top. Don't know if the actual photo is distorted. Some unbiased soul who has years on Eagle flightlines may have a better perspective seeing the duo in the sim. Did somebody work from actual construction drawings?

Jim

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Thinking I like the sleeker look of the upper one but the lower is closer to real world as I compare them to actual photos on my desk top. Don't know if the actual photo is distorted. Some unbiased soul who has years on Eagle flightlines may have a better perspective seeing the duo in the sim. Did somebody work from actual construction drawings?

Jim

I agree with you.

That's interesting. Look at the differences in the dimension from the top of the intake to the canopy rail; the size of the lower missile platform on the conformal fuel tank and the ejection seats. I guess that's one way to compare models, if you're into the visual accuracy.

Charter Member 2012

Charter Member 2012
    Bit of Welsh mountain flying

Oh no!!!!

There I was, just thinking I'd FINALLY made up mind which one I was getting too
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Question

Yes, i´m about to buy one for my hangar too ... and opened this topic to look for some help. Now i´m more confused than i was in the beginning!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Members who have read this thread: 8