MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by svicar View Post
    Enough of the childishness already....

As for myself, I picked up the Milviz model. I have purchased a couple of Iris aircraft in the past and, generally speaking have been very pleased with my purchases. The reason I went with the Milviz offering in this particular case was I was looking for a package that looked great and had a fair amount of depth with regards to systems.

One point I want to make perfectly clear right from the start: I am not an advocat/employee/"fanboy" of either company.

The last aircraft I purchased from Iris was their F22 Raptor and although I was pretty satisfied, I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of system depth and was annoyed by the message "Sorvius and Spanky woz ere '11" on the UFC when the DVR button was selected. I thought their A-10 was a work of art but again, it seemed to me to lack any depth, system wise.

So how is the Milviz package you may ask? I've found it to be closer to the VRS Superbug in terms of system detail than most other payware birds I have purchased, (and I have a small fortunes worth of payware military aircraft). The manual is over 500 pages, the ground and air radars are fully functional, the weapons deploy, and the ai tanker is a welcome addition. It's also great to see ground blasts and ai aircraft damage included. Although challenging to operate, it is very satisfying when you get the hang of it. They have also released a free scenery pack which includes several airbases, ai traffic and missions. All this at a price somewhat less than the Iris package.

The only drawback is that there are a number of issues which need to be fixed, and Milviz is close to releasing a sevice patch adressing these, but it has been my experience almost all payware releases have post initial release issues. As far as I've read, the Iris package has post release issues they are dealing with as well.

I'm sure the Iris bird is a great offering and will no doubt provide many hours of enjoyment for those who purchase it. As for myself, I had some specific criteria and because of their reputation for authentic systems function as well as quality modeling and textureing, I chose the Milviz package.

With regard to all those who feel compelled to engage in a juvenile "my toy is better than your toy" diatribe, go away and come back when you've grown up. Both models are exceptional and all FSX military enthusiasts are well served by both choices.
    A nice comparison and well said. I have both and enjoy what the developers at both shops bring to FSX.
    Whatever my intentions at purchase time, my busiest FSX jets are the ones that give me the best frame rates in the widest range of FSX scenery.
    Systems depth and all the other cool features these developers bring us are fantastic.
    But for simplicity sake, flight model, textures, cockpits and frame rates, I love Milviz' T-38 ! Based on that wonderful product I hope Milviz brings us a range of other non-glass cockpit beasts like the T-33, F-100, F-101 and F-105.
    I know they would rock any of those projects ! Wow.
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Congratulatations to both TAFKAM and Diego you guys just saved me 40 some odd dollars. Do to your attitudes I am going to buy neither of them...seriously. I apologize if this offends people other than who it is intended for.
    This is, of course, your right to do as you please with your hard earned money. But, may I kindly ask where Diego has in any way replied in kind to the unfortunate and intemperate comments of this one person TAFKAM?

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks for pointing that out Ken, Diego not been a part of the problem we hope has been corrected in this thread. Not buying either of these to great aircraft only deprives that person of some real enjoyment. Both have given me real pleasure not only of flying them but comparing the two on all the points discussed here. The knowledge of the F-15E shown in this thread is awesome. Hope RKinkor reconsiders for his sake. Thanks to all for your input.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I do find it interesting that as soon as some one from the "I" crowd makes a snid comment towards the "M" team bird that we get our panties in a bunch. Seems to me the "M" team has been biding for this since the "I" team delivered their bird.....actually even before they released it. I think with careful reading of all threads in SOH referring to either aircraft you will find that there have been many comments indirectly or directly aimed at the "I" team bird and no one cried that some one should be banned. Its truly sad that it seems some grown men on this forum don't have a back bone and have to cry to the Mod's to have them banned...this has once again reinforced my stance of not longer supporting one of the "teams" with my hard earned money.

All that said I'm sure someon will cry foul at my rant but I'm so tired of the BS going on about both of these jets. Can we delete this thread entirely and maintain our comments on each of the TEAM's threads and keep them on their own jets and stop the toyish comments and jabs just to get under someones skin. I have seem some people herre and suprised by their comments........truly sad situation we have here.....make me wonder also why I'm in this hobby.

This thread reminds me of an Alphasim topic.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I do find it interesting that as soon as some one from the "I" crowd makes a snid comment towards the "M" team bird that we get our panties in a bunch. Seems to me the "M" team has been biding for this since the "I" team delivered their bird.....actually even before they released it. I think with careful reading of all threads in SOH referring to either aircraft you will find that there have been many comments indirectly or directly aimed at the "I" team bird and no one cried that some one should be banned. Its truly sad that it seems some grown men on this forum don't have a back bone and have to cry to the Mod's to have them banned...this has once again reinforced my stance of not longer supporting one of the "teams" with my hard earned money.
    Really? Shocked!

I do agree 100% that both camps fanboy's have taken this so far out of proportion that it's beyond comical and seriously deteriorates all the hard work both devolopers have put into their labors of love. I think in all fairness, both threads shold be locked until a mature forum can arise for both birds.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Really? Shocked!

I do agree 100% that both camps fanboy's have taken this so far out of proportion that it's beyond comical and seriously deteriorates all the hard work both devolopers have put into their labors of love. I think in all fairness, both threads shold be locked until a mature forum can arise for both birds.

I agree...

Looks like the comparison of the aircraft in question has run its course. Consider the thread locked.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 8