MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-15E or IRIS F-15?

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAM View Post
    and let other people be the judge of that instead of the squad of the "M"club...
    Where is the "I" club? No one is stopping them from joining in. I must repeat that I am genuinely am happy to fly both and pleased with the investment and to support both devs. I believe the F15 to be Iris's finest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    How many F-15E's have you sat in? In all honesty, the eye point of the Iris F-15E makes it look like a 2D cockpit. Anyone who has ever sat in an F-15E, especially with gear (i.e. sitting on a friggrn chute) knows that the Iris eye point is completely unrealistic.

Plus, if you don't like the eye point...CHANGE IT IN THE CFG OR ON THE FLY! That's what I had to do with the Iris bird.

Exactly how much real world experience do you have? Because you've done a lot of bitching over this eye point thing, even going as far as attacking me in a thread I MADE to support the Iris Eagle.

I am seconds away from never touching this stupid sim ever again, and it's because of people like you
    Well excually the eye view of the VC of Iris is indeed REALISTIC! and how many times i sat in a F-15 i could say a 100 times but you wont even believe it....
    By the way if you are capable to buy a TrackIR these views dont look like 2D... and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...

And my real world experience is something that doesnt concern to you....
    So you are seconds away of never touching this sim again...what, are you gonna play the poor boy/victim here, like i give a damn if your not gonna play it again....... Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Where is the "I" club? No one is stopping them from joining in. I must repeat that I am genuinely am happy to fly both and pleased with the investment and to support both devs. I believe the F15 to be Iris's finest yet.
    Though I don't get the club reference, certainly agree with you Barnes.

Barnes....speaking as someone who would like to believe that he is part of the "i support iris" or the "I" squad I will say two things:

1. There have been a number of jabs thrown at the IRIS aircraft by folks who are very visible in the "M" squads thread as huge supporters of thier jet

2. As a member of the socalled "I" squad I take pride in knowing that I will not go to that forum/thread or anything to put down another product. As a matter of fact I am even considering getting the "M" squad jet myself just because I'm a nut like you are about buying new planes, but I won't do it until I know all the bugs of the release have been worked out.

You don't know how happy I was to be able to buy the IRIS bird, install it and be able to fly it, even if I did burn both engines out on my first burner pass!

:salute:

and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...
    That's really a silly thing to say...

You do know that every pilot has to adjust their seat in the real, multi-million dollar aircraft, right? Why then would you think that you should not have to "adjust your seat" in a sim model?

Everyone has a slightly different preference for the eyepoint, so it is flatly impossible to satisfy everyone...

...which is of course why MS provided the keycommand sequences to "adjust the seat..."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....
    Your loss. Both jets have their strengths and weaknesses. As a developer on the Milviz jet I have been honest about the milviz weaknesses and have only spoken of the IRIS jet's strengths. Its up to you what you want to focus on. If i were to take a look at the weaknesses of the milviz jet from the point of a typical flightsimmer and not as a developer I would say either one is fun and the minor bugs in the milviz jet are seriously not game breakers.

And @skyhawka4m, the nasty snides have actually gone both ways. So....i think this fight of M vs I is really going to end either in a impasse or people are going to devour eachother. Guys, stop trying drive for someone who is in a moment of indecision to "join MY club and MY club ALONE". Post what you think is good and bad about your favourite. This goes for both sides. Then let the guy who cant decide choose what he wants based on his style of simming be it visuals, systems, or whatever balance to either side he wants.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    That's really a silly thing to say...

You do know that every pilot has to adjust their seat in the real, multi-million dollar aircraft, right? Why then would you think that you should not have to "adjust your seat" in a sim model?

Everyone has a slightly different preference for the eyepoint, so it is flatly impossible to satisfy everyone...

...which is of course why MS provided the keycommand sequences to "adjust the seat..."
    You could have taken the words from my mouth Bill. I think some folk have 'nowt' better to do though
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Thanks to Milviz and Iris for providing us two great F-15E's to fly. I purchased both and am really glad I did. Always been an F-15 fan so when they became available both were a must. Both products have many of the same great features. Each has some areas that they excel in. This is why I purchase both. Both have great support and if people can swing it get both. If you can't get both flip a coin because both are fantastic.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Charter Member 2012
    This tread is actually healthy as no one is really having a go at the product they dont favour - but heralding their chosen product.

I feel as I own both I can highlight what is great about them and long may IRIS and Milviz continue to give us the "problem" of choice!! :salute:

Excually i didn't even wanted to post because of this little childrens bull****e.........but i prefer the Iris F-15E because it looks way better.......

And the eye point/head point in the MILVIZ VC is irritating.....

Hey Barnes could you show us a comparison with the VC in dusk and the interior lights on ...not to mention the backseat......thanks!
    Wow, thats a mature response?.

Why is it we can never have a sensible dialogue that compares A with B these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    This is interesting. I never lined up the first external comparison correctly so the versions were not seen at exactly the same angle.

I have taken more time to get the camera angle much the same for both at the same distance. Its now harder to tell the difference.

Nice comparison, the lower one has a deeper nose at the windscreen base and the correct flat top to the intake (not the variable intake part) which reduces the amount of fuselage seen between the intake top and canopy rail, however the upper one is more correct with the upper part of the elevon support structure beam under the fin, it is one sweeping slightly curved upper surface, the lower has a pronounced fall off toward the rear, yet the lower one is more correct on the bottom section of this structure.

I'd buy both anyway....if I hadn't just blown all my Xmas bonus on machine tools for my 'other' hobby LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Wow, thats a mature response?.

Why is it we can never have a sensible dialogue that compares A with B these days?
    Wow talking about late responding.... you just poohed ur panties?.......everybody is giving their opinion so i do too even if i have to go this low.....

@ JB a loss?...man i just realised i saved a lot of money!.....

This is a valuable thread to discuss both aircraft. The dialog should be kept to the plus and minus of the F-15E. Personal comments should be left out and will not be tolerated. Thanks for understanding.

correct me please if im wrong stovall. Isnt the post above yours the type that should be reported judging by the language directed to michael davies?
    -JB

Charter Member 2012
    Yes - i agree with you Naruto.

It would be a shame to close this tread down as im amazed at the number of people who have downloaded the VC comparision in a short space of time. It proves there is interest.

I agree cause I myself am trying to decide as well and with the negative sniping going on I'm just about to the point of not buying either one.

Naruto-kun and Barnes, that is exactly why I made the comment that I did. Personal comments will not be tolerated. Now let's get back to the plus's and minus's of the Iris and Milviz F-15E. This is a good thread for those trying to decide which to purchase if they can only buy one.

Well, after all the agony, I finally pulled the trigger on Milviz. Sadly, all I'm getting thus far are CTDs on loading it;-(

A bit of an anti-climax. I hope the guys there see my forum registration request. Don't know what happend to my previous Milviz forum registration. Did they all get wiped or something?
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

If you are getting CTDs then there is more than likely some module addon thats conflicting. I dont think i have seen ya in the forums but email Roadburner440(at)milviz(dot)com and he will get ya sorted. And once you are in....ill be waiting to help.

CTDs are not something I like to see although the system has been stable for pretty much everyone except some testers who have kept on running hordes of graphic tweak addons. Will deffo try to squash this one for ya.
    -JB

Dougal95 and Naruto-kun, thanks for carrying on.

Dougal 95 as you can see the support from Milviz is fantastic. The same goes for Iris. Once in the Milviz forum a solution will be found I am confident of that. You will enjoy your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Dougal95 and Naruto-kun, thanks for carrying on.

Dougal 95 as you can see the support from Milviz is fantastic. The same goes for Iris. Once in the Milviz forum a solution will be found I am confident of that. You will enjoy your choice.
    Indeed, I've never doubted their support. I know it's always been great!

Will I get an email when I've been registered on the milviz forum? I guess I'll have to, in order to receive a password?

Well excually the eye view of the VC of Iris is indeed REALISTIC! and how many times i sat in a F-15 i could say a 100 times but you wont even believe it....
    By the way if you are capable to buy a TrackIR these views dont look like 2D... and you want me to buy a product and then have to change it all by myselfe?...in that case i want a better price for it because i have to finish a job they couldn't do...

And my real world experience is something that doesnt concern to you....
    So you are seconds away of never touching this sim again...what, are you gonna play the poor boy/victim here, like i give a damn if your not gonna play it again....... Im just not gonna fly the MILVIZ F-15E period....
    TAKFAM: Consider this your first and final warning, continue posting in this vein and you will be in trouble.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Indeed, I've never doubted their support. I know it's always been great!

Will I get an email when I've been registered on the milviz forum? I guess I'll have to, in order to receive a password?
    afaik you should.

Unfortunately i was away when Colin responded my question about your registration which btw will be dealt with but he also said that you bought just the SP and not the original. Im not involved with the installation compilations so im still a bit in the dark as to what is happening but i will get back with more info asap. For now he said you need to return it and get the original and Ill get you a link asap. It seems it is missing some files which without them you will have CTDs.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    afaik you should.

Unfortunately i was away when Colin responded my question about your registration which btw will be dealt with but he also said that you bought just the SP and not the original. Im not involved with the installation compilations so im still a bit in the dark as to what is happening but i will get back with more info asap. For now he said you need to return it and get the original and Ill get you a link asap. It seems it is missing some files which without them you will have CTDs.
    Ohh the joys of patches!, I feel for you there, been through some tough ones myself with my previous products, you fix one thing and it breaks another, keep at it, I always found a deep sense of satisfaction once the issue was resolved.

Kindest Michael

@dougal95

just for the record, is your username on the milviz forums just straight Dougal?

And michael yes it has been quite a game of whack-a-mole.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 8