Error Message: Another copy of CFS3 is running

Thread: Error Message: Another copy of CFS3 is running

Banned

Error Message: Another copy of CFS3 is running

Why do I get this error message that Another copy of CFS3 is running
    when another copy of CFS3 is not running?
    CFS3 had been shut down and it is not in Task Manager as running but I have to reboot to get rid of the message before I can restart CFS3 and/or
    any of it's Expansions..
    What is this crap all about? only happens with Win7, NOT Win XP or Vista!

Be Prepared! I predict CFS3 will not run at all when Win7 is upgraded. Enjoy it while you can or save your old PC's to run CFS3.
    Have you noticed all the problem question posts related to Win7 and not to previous versions of Windows?

I have Win7 and everything works except I have to exit the game using the [Ctrl]+[Shift]+Q keyboard command and not through the drop down screen menu.

and it is not in Task Manager as running
    It does not show up in Task Manager under the "Application" tab but will be in the "Processes" tab as "cfs3.exe *32".

I have to reboot to get rid of the message before I can restart CFS3
    All you should have to do if you forget to close CFS3 using the keyboard command is to end the "cfs3.exe *32" process under the "Processes" tab in Task Manager.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.

Quote Originally Posted by richcreator View Post

Be Prepared! I predict CFS3 will not run at all when Win7 is upgraded. Enjoy it while you can or save your old PC's to run CFS3.
    Have you noticed all the problem question posts related to Win7 and not to previous versions of Windows?
    I disagree.

I have 9 seperate CFS3 installs including OFF, that all run flawlesly on Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

There are certain things that have to be done but once done CFS3 runs absalutly fine.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    I disagree.

I have 9 seperate CFS3 installs including OFF, that all run flawlesly on Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

There are certain things that have to be done but once done CFS3 runs absalutly fine.

Kev
    +1. I find if the sim is closed with the Alt-F4 shortcut, the cfs3.exe process remains in memory, but using the menu (Quit CFS3) I have no problem. I should also say I'm using Win7 64-bit Home Premium with all the latest patches and upgrades, including Service Pack 1.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The sim runs fine on my Win7 Home rig but the model viewer does not close properly. Indeed process remains active and I have to close it 'manually'... A small price to pay.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Banned
    I must say I do know how to properly quit/exit CFS3 properly but
    sometimes the game shuts it down without my consent.
    Again, in Vista and XP I never see this error message, only in Win7, so I ususally don't bother with anything connected with playing
    CFS3 with Win7. Just now got around to mentioning this error message.
    My newer editing software etc. for Win7 I used to edit the Toko Ri video that older software couldn't do but to get the footage for
    the video I used mainly my XP and Vista computers.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm satisfied to know I'm right about CFS3 being too old for Win7 and life is too short to waste time trying to solve
    the many incompatability issues of CFS3 & Win7. CFS3 runs great on Vista and especially XP.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and lots of trouble getting it to run cleanly, where I had no trouble at all in XP and Vista.
    I'm in the group that can't exit without it leaving a running process behind unless I quit from the in-flight screen. If I'm in the main landing field screen it leaves a copy running.

p.s. Ctrl+Shift+Q works too. Thanks for that tip.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 1