Virtavia Sea King Install Issues

Thread: Virtavia Sea King Install Issues

Virtavia Sea King Install Issues

I bought the Virtavia Sea King when it was first released and enjoyed many hours of flying it on my old computer running FSX on XP. I recently built a new rig running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and now I have problems since installing the Sea King into my new FSX build.

Whenever I start a flight in the Sea King the sim starts in paused mode and the model has 50% of the parts missing in external view. This sounds to me like the Virtavia anti-piracy effect coming into play but I haven't been able to get around the issue so far. I have tried installing with UAC turned off, in Admin mode and every other way I could think of to no avail. Googling hasn't produced a result (other than turning up more people with the same issue) and I have emailed Virtavia and I am awaiting an answer.

Has anyone else seen this and maybe found an answer to the problem?

I would dearly love to get my Sea King back.
    Larry

WOW thanks for that 'dharry' there was some info on there I missed when I looked through it earlier.

This time I made sure I deleted the licence key and Virtavia folder on the C:\ drive (they were still there even though I had uninstalled the product), re-downloaded the installer using the F-1 wrapper, made sure UAC was 'off', the AV was disabled, made sure the installer was in the same folder as the licence key and ran the installer in 'Compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows' and this time it installed OK with a usable chopper in-sim.

Now I need to copy over all the extra paints and cfg file tweaks I did from the old computer.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    WOW thanks for that 'dharry' there was some info on there I missed when I looked through it earlier.

This time I made sure I deleted the licence key and Virtavia folder on the C:\ drive (they were still there even though I had uninstalled the product), re-downloaded the installer using the F-1 wrapper, made sure UAC was 'off', the AV was disabled, made sure the installer was in the same folder as the licence key and ran the installer in 'Compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows' and this time it installed OK with a usable chopper in-sim.

Now I need to copy over all the extra paints and cfg file tweaks I did from the old computer.
    I'm glad that you got it sorted.

What extra paints & tweaks are you using? I use the Flying Stations repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by dharry View Post
    What extra paints & tweaks are you using? I use the Flying Stations repaints.
    I have all the Flying Stations repaints too plus some Canadian ones and a Norwegian one but I also delete all the default paints I will never fly to save space and decrease load times. Regarding tweaks I use the A2A/Shockwave lights add-on so I have the aircraft.cfg file entry modded to suit those plus every helicopter I fly has the 'Heli-Trim' gauge installed so I had to add that line to the panel.cfg file too.
    Larry

I think I might hunt down and look into the 'Heli-Trim' gauge over the next couple of days.

The 'Heli-Trim' gauge allows you to trim a helicopter for level flight in the same way that you can trim a fixed-wing aircraft. It really makes long flights more enjoyable when you don't have to keep forward pressure on the stick the whole time.

Just make sure you get the right version for the sim you are using (FS9 or FSX) as it can get a bit confusing. have a look at this thread and check the links but be sure to read the whole thread as some initial info got changed/updated later.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...h-a-Difference
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I have emailed Virtavia and I am awaiting an answer.
    I got a reply from Virtavia within 24 hours (thank you Virtavia ) and I was informed that the licence keys are not transferable between computers (which makes sense as an anti-piracy feature) so they sent me a new key for the new computer. The fact that I re-downloaded the entire thing again using the F1 wrapper probably meant I got a new key anyway but it's worth bearing in mind if anyone else comes across this issue.
    Larry

It has been a long time since I loaded up the Sea King. Imagine my surprise (and dismay) when I did so last evening on my new FSX install, and the textures were all but completely transparent.

I contacted Flight 1 (who I bought it from in 2010). They, in turn, replied to my email, saying I needed to contact Virtavia. Well, I do not see any email address for support at Virtavia. All I saw on their website was a list of vendors who sell the Sea King, which I do NOT want to have to re-purchase.

I guess I am out of luck here?

NC

Update: I did find the tech support email address, and sent them a message, which included a copy of my certificate from Flight 1. Now to wait for a reply.

A new update. All is well now. I found my Flight 1 wrapper, got it installed and all is ok now! NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; December 20th, 2013 at 18:23.