Having trouble on install of CFS3 PTO RISING SUN

Thread: Having trouble on install of CFS3 PTO RISING SUN

Having trouble on install of CFS3 PTO RISING SUN

I've installed and reinstalled serveral times and can't get it going. I did a new install of Combat Simulator 3 with the updates. I have installed in my computer PTO Solomon Islands, E.T.O. , M.A.W. , CFS BoB , Korean Skies , Battle of Britain , O.F.F. , and FirePower. What happens after installs of Rising Sun the "" cfs3config.exe"" has "Target and Start In " going to PTO Solomon Islands.
    If anyone knows how to fix this I really would be gratefull.
    Thanks John

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi John,

You can try two things.

if the config.exe is located in your RS game folder right click on it and select send to desktop, this will make a new shortcut that opens the correct config program. (or you can simply double click the config.exe and let it run).

If the config.exe file is not in your RS game folder, you will need to copy it over from one of the other installs you have, and then do what I have mentioned above.

HTH's

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

John

If it is your cfs3config. shortcut that is pointing to the Solomons. Just delete and create a new shortcut from the cfs3config.exe that is in your Rising Sun directory by right clicking and selecting create shortcut. I just noticed I have the same situation in my install.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNROD View Post
    I've installed and reinstalled serveral times and can't get it going. I did a new install of Combat Simulator 3 with the updates. I have installed in my computer PTO Solomon Islands, E.T.O. , M.A.W. , CFS BoB , Korean Skies , Battle of Britain , O.F.F. , and FirePower. What happens after installs of Rising Sun the "" cfs3config.exe"" has "Target and Start In " going to PTO Solomon Islands.
    If anyone knows how to fix this I really would be gratefull.
    Thanks John
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    I just noticed I have the same situation in my install.
    I got the same when I didn't have the vanilla CFS3.1a in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games. Which is easy to do if installing to 64-bit Vista or Windows 7 - you have to force the CFS3 installer to install to the correct directory by doing a custom install, rather than accepting the default which will go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thank You All .......

Thanks so much for the quick responces...... I got PTO RS to finally load, now the problem I have is it only goes to the PEARL missions. I reinstalled again and same thing. I didn't go to desk top icon on first try. Did what I think I read and started the game the first time from inside PTO RS folder.
    Any help again is great. At least with you guys help I got part of it working. Getting there slowly but surely. Once again, Thanks to all of you.
    Thanks John

John

First make sure that you have the RS startup batch file edited to match your RS install path. Also make sure that your uisel batch files have been editied if you installed in location other than the default.

If that all checks out and you still only enter the pearl theater then you should consider another install making sure to pay close attention to the highlights in the readme.

Make sure that your stock, without add ons, CFS3 install is in the directory as outlined in the excerpt from the readme before running any of the RS installers

The stock CFS3 patched to 3.1a must be in the default directory path, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3. If not, you can copy and paste the CFS3 files to that location temporarily.

The install is an 8-step process. Follow the directions in this readme and in the installer information screens.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: DO NOT START THE GAME UNTIL THE FIRST 7 OF THE 8 INSTALLERS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY INSTALLED. THE 8TH OF THE 8 INSTALLERS IS FOR THE UISEL FILES AND IS TO BE INSTALLED ONLY AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN STARTED ONCE
    DO NOT RUN THE DESKTOP SHORT CUTS OR Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat UNTIL CFS3_PTO_Rising Sun_Uisel.EXE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND SET-UP.

Go to your main Rising Sun directory, then run and set up your cfs3config.exe.
    Run CFS3.exe located in your Rising Sun directory.
    Do not use the Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat or desktop shortcut to start the sim.
    Select Quick Combat and fly once, then shut down.

You should be good to go if you pay close attention to the highlighted warnings.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

I just installed RS as per these instructions and was able to launch the game after part 7, did a quick free flight and shut it down to install part 8. Every thing loads up, but when it gets to cut screen for the specific theatre it crahses to desk top...any thoughts?

I have trouble starting from .exe file in directory, having done all the steps upto start, after installer7.

Get error 'Cannot locate the cd-rom, please insert cd-rom, select ok and restart application'.

Have re-loaded 3 times. Has not started yet. Have pm'd Grizz50. Any clue apprecated.

flamingskull,

Did you edit the Main Folder batch file 'Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector'
    to go to the proper AppData (or Application Data in XP)?

good to see you back!

ICutler, what happens when you install the disc?

Hmmm, it does work when I use the theatre selector in the main folder, but not the desk top icon. I imported my xca. files from MAW for my controller options, but it doesn't show in the config. It never ends, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction FS!

FirestormII: didn't run v. long with (woried about wrecking it); will try; 4th re load. Will advise. Thanks....

FirestormII.

With disc in, it goes into endles loop: 'insert disc, click ok....'.........etc.... Clicking on Autorun from Computer/DVD Drive gives 4 language install screen. Clicked x got out.

Should one goto step 8 and load uisels anyway, even if step 7 quick fly doesn'twork? Thanks.

People have trouble with this because they rarely (never) go into the Application Data File to make modifications. To make things more fun, this file lives in different places if you have XP or Vista/Win7. And as we all know, one little typo and Boom, no go. The instructions are very good, but are long and if you miss a step, well, you know.

Here is the gist of it in 7 steps:

1. CFS3 MUST BE in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Combat Flight Simulator 3

2. 7 parts run in sequence (RS may be directed to another location here)

3. MultiCFS3 directed to proper AppData (or Doc&Set/U/Application Data/MS)

4. cfs3config.exe and cfs3.exe RUN from INSIDE RisingSun main folder, then shut down

5. Main Folder 'Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector' EDIT (7x) to your AppData

6. Uisel-Installer_part_8 directed to proper AppData

7. Edit (7x) AppData folder if not standard location as shown in step 1.

Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    FirestormII.

With disc in, it goes into endles loop: 'insert disc, click ok....'.........etc.... Clicking on Autorun from Computer/DVD Drive gives 4 language install screen. Clicked x got out.

Should one goto step 8 and load uisels anyway, even if step 7 quick fly doesn'twork? Thanks.
    Nope, you've got to run the new Rising Sun first. Looks like your CFS3 disc wants to re-install CFS3...rather than play it.

Now only PTO works, Maw,ETO, RS all crash. I'm deleting everything and doing a fresh CFS3 install.......UGH!

Members who have read this thread: 4