Default Aircraft out of focus

Thread: Default Aircraft out of focus

Default Aircraft out of focus

I don't know when this started showing up, I've noticed it for a while now. I don't fly any default aircraft so this could have been the norm and I just never realized it. Both the exterior and interior (VC) are so fuzzy that in the case of the VC it's hard to tell what the background even looks like. My settings for the VC and exterior are high quality and this is only occurring with the default airplanes, not the addons.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2011
    tried zooming in all the way, then back out to the distance you want??
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Falcon, some things to check:
    - is your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD still set to 1024 or more in the FSX.cfg ? (alternative: is your "global texture size" parameter still set to the max in the game settings?)
    - is your Anisotropic filtering option enabled in the game settings ?
    - is your "detailled virtual cockpit" option enabled in the game options ?
    - have you set any "MipBias" tweak in your FSX.cfg ?
    - is your FSX profile in your video card drivers still set correctly, especially regarding the strengh of the anisotropic filtering, as well as the textures filtering quality ?

Mine are not Carenado clear but not that fuzzy either.
    Attachment 55105Attachment 55106
    There was a default texture upgrade at FlightSim.com a few year back you could try.

Blog Entries
    could be that you need to remove the mip maps.. I used to have this problem all the time in fs9. probably would still have it in fsx if any of the planes i fly had mip maps..

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Falcon, some things to check:
    - is your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD still set to 1024 or more in the FSX.cfg ? (alternative: is your "global texture size" parameter still set to the max in the game settings?)
    . . . . . . . . . . .
    Wow, no wonder the textures sucked. I'm amazed that the payware and even the portovers I fly looked as good as they did. The TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD was set to "256". I haven't messed with the cfg file in a long time and even then it wasn't directly, but by way of Nick's NVidia Tweaks. No telling how long that particular setting has been messed up. Thanks Daube and thanks to everyone else for the suggestions.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed, this goes back to my FS9 days when I did some panel redesigns. There is a setting in the VCOCKPIT sections of panel.cfg that helped with the fuzzy panels.

I think it was

size_mm=512,512

Change both numbers to 1024 and see what happens. This one came from the default C208B

Glenn

Ed, there are resised and redone cockpit textures for all default aircraft at flightsim.com, just if your interested in flying them again, I've redone all the ones I fly and they look pretty good.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Ed, there are resised and redone cockpit textures for all default aircraft at flightsim.com, just if your interested in flying them again, I've redone all the ones I fly and they look pretty good.
    The default virtual cockpit textures on the default aircrafts are all crisp and clear, excepted on the Kingair perhaps (because the model is still the same as FS9 more or less, contrary to the other planes that were greatly improved).
    If they display incorrectly, it's because something is not set properly. In Falcon's case, it was the global texture size

The default C172, C208, Goose, Maule, Baron etc... all have beautifull VCs with very nice textures. The alternative packs posted on flightsim and simviation were meant for people who had old video card that could not handle the mipmaps in those textures, or something like that. However, my old 8800 GTX never had any problem with FSX.