Mislabeled aircraft

Thread: Mislabeled aircraft

Charter Member 09

Mislabeled aircraft

I have a problem with aircarft in FSX. They are all mislabeled. It happened all at once Maybe this has been discussed before but it's all new to me. Is there a fix?
    Also, has anybody got any news how Razbam's been doing on his Helldiver. It now been a year and I ain't getting any younger. When last I looked it was almost finished.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Hey Bob..expecting the virtual cockpit by early or mid January..

Prowler

Mislabeled ? You mean in the aircraft selection list ? If yes, then it's because one of your aircrafts doesn't have any thumbnail file (thumbnail.jpg) in one of its 'texture.*' subfolders.
    Check your list, find the plane where the mislabelling starts. That should be the faulty plane.

I've had this before, however when I've come out of FSX and gone back in again, all is well

Have you exited then gone back in ?

I had this problem a long while back. I think it was because two of my planes shared the same title in the aircraft.cfg.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Charter Member 09
    Thank you Daube. I found three that were guilty and I promptly got rid of them They were all port overs that weren't all that great.
    Also thank you Razbam. It looks like I might get to fly the Helldiver while I'm on this side of the grass.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

The only mislabeling I've ever had is from it being improperly labeled in the aircraft.cfg, never from not having a thumbnail pic, (lots of mine don't,) nor from anything else not human caused. When I correct the mislabeling in the cfg, all is well. Whenever I get a major "what's this BIG change??" going on, I reboot the computer, because it has always turned out to be a memory leak in something unrelated to flightsim. And this is with a decent box and Win7.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I'm glad you could identify the problem Helldiver

Modelr, I know what you mean, but it seems that some versions of FSX will not behave like others. In my FSX Acceleration, if a plane has a missing thumbnail, I get a generic picture with a '?' mark on it. However, I often see here and there topics on forums about people getting mislabeling instead, like if their FSX wasn't able to generate those generic '?' pictures and shifted the other thumbnails out of their places. I have never understood the reason why. :/

Members who have read this thread: 0