New Vancouver CYVR Scenery

Thread: New Vancouver CYVR Scenery

New Vancouver CYVR Scenery

Awesome new CYVR scenery by Jonathan Gabbert available over at Avsim. It is a huge file -- 180mb -- but does not give a big FPS hit -- at least on my box.

"CYVR Vancouver International Version 1.0. Fully featured CYVR with photorealistic custom textures, 3d objects and buildings. Detailed, accurate AFD. Includes all of Sea Island in full detail. Fully compatible with Ultimate Terrain and FSAddon's Vancouver+. www.jgabbert.com"
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

SOH-CM-2020
    You beat me to it

For many years Nigel Grant's Vancouver CYVR has been my startup airport.

Now this is my favorite

http://www.vanisleva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12472

Thank you to all who had a hand in designing this fantastic scenery.

Merry Christmas

Pete.

Off topic Pete, but do the great Canadian scenery bits y'all created for fs9 port over to fsX? I'm not leaving fs9 at all, but received a copy of fsX Gold for christmas and just have to try it out.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Spend many afternoons sitting at the Flying Beaver with fellow flightsimers drinking beer and watching the floatplanes.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    Off topic Pete, but do the great Canadian scenery bits y'all created for fs9 port over to fsX? I'm not leaving fs9 at all, but received a copy of fsX Gold for christmas and just have to try it out.

I don't have FSX, but I believe most of the "Sid & Pete's EZ scenery" works in FSX with a few exceptions.

Pete.

In case anyone can't find it...
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164474
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's (by far) the most advanced and detailed portraiture of YVR I've ever seen. The artist has done a perfect job integrating his scenery with Vancouver+ and Ultimate Terrain. Just amazing. Moreso, the arial photo used for ground detail must be very recent. If you look at Russ Baker Way (carefully), I believe you can see the skid and burn marks from the recent King Air 100 crash. ( My sad respects, both Pilot and Copilot succumbed to their injuries.) The blessing being the passengers all pulled from the burning wreck by drivers, passers-by.

Has anyone tried running an amphib down the ramp into the river at the southside floatplane dock? Looks gmaxie...betchya it'll work.....I'll find out in the morning.. The bridges, Arthur Lang, Oak Street, etc....all there...great for practicing your float plane approaches. Log booms tied up on the Fraser's North Arm.....I love it!!! ( Heavies can shake up rush hour traffic on the Oak St. Bridge just before flaring out..... The skytrain station, UPS depot, it just goes on and on...

Mr. Gabbert has gifted us with a beautiful and accurate creation of YVR and surrounds. Absolutely masturful, and high end payware quality. I think it's a christmas present, and I'd like to offer a big take-you to this man.

Thank you, Jonathan Gabbert!! And a very happy holiday season to you and you loved ones.

Same wishes to the rest of you here at SimOuthouse. Merry Christmas...take care!!

Looks fantastic, unfortunately being summoned to get ready for Mass so won't be able to sneak a proper looksee until boxing day.......
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    ...... Has anyone tried running an amphib down the ramp into the river at the southside floatplane dock? Looks gmaxie...betchya it'll work.....
    Just tried it out ...... yep it works.

Up and down the ramp.

Pete.

My water flashes and the textures are all blurry. Is it an elevation issue? Looks great though, just need to fix that up. Thanks for sharing.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    My water flashes and the textures are all blurry. Is it an elevation issue? Looks great though, just need to fix that up. Thanks for sharing.

Doug
    I have similar on my system, with land where water should be;
    its probably a conflict of sorts, would anyone know should I start with mesh or landclass errors;

thanks

Pete

Charter Member 2016
    No coastline issues as you describe, but I do have an elevation issue at the floatplane base. Seems the water where the afcad is is higher than the surrounding sea level. Slightly annoying, but no biggie. I would welcome a fix.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Well I have in order of install the following and it works great, no issues.
    Bottom to top

Mesh - by FSGlobal
    Ultimate Terrain - Canada, USA
    Vancouver Plus
    CYVR

Hope that may help
    There are oodles of things in between each of these entries but none are related area wise, i.e. they are sceneries from far away or aircraft or utilities. I keep a written log of what and when things are installed.

What a fine scenery this is btw.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I got it after reordering a few things in the addon scenery library. I put it right at the top and everything came in sharp. Landclass far below but still above Ultimate Terrain CAN/Alaska. Small flashes still here and there, but my processor runs on steam still. No surprise there. All coastlines are good. I really should take advantage of some boxing day sales at Newegg.com me thinks..

Doug

Charter Member 2011

I see the most appalling performance hit

...down to single-figure FPS.
    I suspect a conflict somewhere.
    Anyone have this issue?