HS-129 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HS-129

Hs-129 cockpit

Attachment 55407

More about the instrument panel and engine instruments mounted outside the cockpit.

Discus

Quote Originally Posted by Oglivie View Post
    Hi Discuss,

...I... was wondering if it had the weights listed for the gun packs. ...So far I have been making a guess at these with 145kg for the mg17, 230kg for the 30mm, and 1000kg for the 75mm. Also I have read that the weight of the 75mm gun made the aircraft more difficult to control and thus was able to be dropped (the pilot and aircraft being more important than saving the gun). So I made the 75mm droppable in the Hs129B-3 DP file. The field weight for this weapon I read is about 3300 pounds (1500kg), but I think the weight for the aircraft version would be considerably less.

Also is there maybe a Rüstsätze number for the Hs129B-2 for a bomb configuration addon? The only one I ran across is for the Hs129B-1 which is R1 and R4 (i.e. Hs129B-1/R4). All the Rüstsätze numbers for the B-2 I have found are all for guns. However, I have a diagram (from Skycorner) of a Hs129B-2 that shows a bomb configration that appears to be the same config as for the Hs129B-1/R4. So do you think you may have some info? Thanks.

That I think would go in the SCENEDB\weapons\scenery folder.
    O
    More info:

The four 7,92 mm MG 17 in a pod under the fuselage had 250 rounds per gun.

The Mk 101 30mm cannon weighted 180 Kg plus a 30 rounds of ammunition drum magazine, 0,78 Kg each. Rate of fire 260 shots/min. Muzzle velocity 860 metres/second.

The Mk 103 30mm cannon weighted 140 Kg plus a 30 rounds of ammunition drum magazine, 0,78 Kg each. Rate of fire 420 shots/min. Muzzle velocity 860 metres/second.

The BK 7.5 75 mm cannon weighted 700 Kg (installed) plus 12 rounds of ammunition in a rotary magazine, 11,6 Kg each. Rate of fire 420 shots/min. Muzzle velocity 860 metres/second.

An interesting weapon was the vertical (downward) firing rocket installation SG 113A with 6 77/44 mm rockets fired by a magnetic detector mounted like an antenna in the nose. Never used operationally.

O: Thanks for the tip about the bgl!

That´s all for today (tonight) for me in this side of the world.

Cheers, and Happy New Year to everyone!!:ernae:

Discus

The BK 7.5 75 mm cannon weighted 700 Kg (installed) plus 12 rounds of ammunition in a rotary magazine, 11,6 Kg each. Rate of fire 420 shots/min. Muzzle velocity 860 metres/second.
    That sounds too fast for such a cumbersome weapon. According to Luftarchive.de 30 rpm would be the real rate of fire.

I was starting some new DP's with more accurate boxes and parts. Here is the B1 :

Attachment 55414

If it works OK (I still haven't tested it) it could be used as a base for the rest of versions.
    Greetings from Spain

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
    That sounds too fast for such a cumbersome weapon. According to Luftarchive.de 30 rpm would be the real rate of fire.
    You are absolutely right JP! It was late and I copy and paste the Mk103 data and forgot to change the muzzle velocity of the BK7.5. 30 rpm is correct.

Another correction. The weight of the weapons is loaded, not anloaded: 180 Kg for the Mk101, 140 Kg for the Mk103 and 595 Kg for the BK 7.5.
    700 Kg is the weight for the weapon installed, given only for the BK 7.5. I guess the other 105 Kg belonged to the gondola, the empty drum and accessories. The ammunition weighted 30 x 6,8 Kg/each= 204 Kg.

Sorry for the mistakes.

Discus

Thanks guys, nice indeed !!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks for the great info Discus!

I think I have the weights close enough with the data that we could obtain. Note that the mtg hardware & gundola are best guess for MG17 and 30mm (45kg and 55kg).

MG17: 12.6kg (from another source)
    ============
    12.6 x 4 + 45 (mtg hardware, belt feed & gundola)= installed weight with empty belt feed= 95.4kg

Mk101: 180kg
    ============
    180 + 55 (mtg hardware,empty drum & gundola) - 0.78x30 (round weight) = installed weight with empty drum= 212kg

Mk103: 140kg
    ============
    140 + 55 (mtg hardware,empty drum & gundola) - 0.78x30 (round weight) = installed weight with empty drum= 172kg

BK7.5: 700kg
    ============
    595kg (gun weight) + 105kg (mtg hardware,empty drum & gundola)= installed weight with empty drum= 700kg

Cheers,
    O

Quote Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
    I was starting some new DP's with more accurate boxes and parts. Here is the B1 :

Attachment 55414

If it works OK (I still haven't tested it) it could be used as a base for the rest of versions.
    Thanks Japlance, I haven't had time yet to check it either. The parts and boxes I haven't done anything with yet so this is very welcome.

Cheers,
    O
    :salute:

Hello guys,

I was not able to register at lwdesign, until my email is checked (suspiciously spam).
    Is here maybe an admin/moderator of that forum, that can help me?

The pics look very promising and I want to try them out!!
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Thanks Japlance, I haven't had time yet to check it either. The parts and boxes I haven't done anything with yet so this is very welcome.

Cheers,
    O
    :salute:
    Canion sent me some comments about the damage behaviour, so it's still a work in progress. Seems like it needs to be a bit tougher .
    Greetings from Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Hello guys,

I was not able to register at lwdesign, until my email is checked (suspiciously spam).
    Is here maybe an admin/moderator of that forum, that can help me?

The pics look very promising and I want to try them out!!
    Perhaps use Lindsay's or Tango's email address from their sim addon downloads. Some of their downloads are at Simviation. I think I have Tango's email address if you want me to PM it to you.

Cheers,
    O

Blog Entries

Ooops....

I would be interested in including it as panel option (with your credit) for the lwdesign upload I am working on if that be okay.

Cheers,
    O
    I forgot all about it... of course you can include it in your upload
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I forgot all about it... of course you can include it in your upload
    Thanks
    Hi Gaucho,

I already uploaded the Hs129 DP package to LWDesign on January 30th per Canion's written permission and instruction. I think you can upload your panel also to LWDesign if you want to as Canion and I were going to include it for the DP package.

Cheers,
    O

Members who have read this thread: 0