Sibwings Pitts Released (payware) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sibwings Pitts Released (payware)

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    You can get the Sibwings Pitts for free if you entered the Birddog or the Safir screenie comp that was on sometime back . The prize was the Pitts on release for the best pic but looks like everyone who entered is getting a free Pitts! ...my pics are rubbish but what a generous offer by Sibwings...

http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic....t=887&start=40
    Wow, very interesting, where was my Print screen key ? : Icon_lol:
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yoyo unfortunately the comp closed sometime ago...here's a couple of NZ schemes included in the package

The Pitts Not to B

You kidding me? I never get tired of flying the S2-B in FS9. Not the one I fly, anyway. Your milage may vary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NqyhYZshyQ
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    How is the Aerobatic capability of this one ?

Stalls, Spins, hammerheads etc

I thought the Addictive Sims was supposed to have the best Pitts flight model? ie you can spin etc

I was just thinking of shelling out the funds for it today but here you are tossing it away??!!

This one is that good?

(I have the Alabeo one btw)
    I second this. Pretty screenshots are nice. But, what about the flight model? How does it fly? Can it spin? Can it slip? Can it hammerhead? Can it do a snap roll?

Has anyone put it through some serious acrobatic maneuvers?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

My understanding is that Andrey of SibWings said he was doing it.

He did the Safir X - in which the rudder in flat turn goes a little the correct way then back the wrong way (threads on here about this).

He also did the initial Bird Dog which after much "discussion" got instead redone by Alexander (third party) instead.

To my mind this leaves the addictive pitts as "likely" the best FDE from the info I have read but the Alabeo and Sibwings pitts are newer and have possibly visual advantages.

I want to learn hammerheads and things and have just found out even my RealAir Decathlon cannot do them properly.

Not sure actually what can? Perhaps no real difference between the FDE of the three pitts?

I would like to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    My understanding is that Andrey of SibWings said he was doing it.

He did the Safir X - in which the rudder in flat turn goes a little the correct way then back the wrong way (threads on here about this).

He also did the initial Bird Dog which after much "discussion" got instead redone by Alexander (third party) instead.

To my mind this leaves the addictive pitts as "likely" the best FDE from the info I have read but the Alabeo and Sibwings pitts are newer and have possibly visual advantages.

I want to learn hammerheads and things and have just found out even my RealAir Decathlon cannot do them properly.

Not sure actually what can? Perhaps no real difference between the FDE of the three pitts?

I would like to know too.
    I haven't had any issues with the Sibwings Pitts in doing hammerheads, spins, or knife edge. In my opinion it's has the best fde's of any Pitts out there at the moment. Never could get into the Addictive Pitts, just didn't like the fde's or vc.

Darrell

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    I haven't had any issues with the Sibwings Pitts in doing hammerheads, spins, or knife edge. In my opinion it's has the best fde's of any Pitts out there at the moment. Never could get into the Addictive Pitts, just didn't like the fde's or vc.

Darrell
    Yep - agreed

Charter Member 2012
    Started first repaint - must say that the repaint kit is great but only available for the single seat version at the moment.

Charter Member 2012
    Oh dear. Things are very quite on the Sibwings Pitts forum. I have found what appears to be a glitch with the details layering (so i cant progress with the paint i have shown above) and no one has been there, apart from me, for a few days now.

Charter Member 2012
    Meanwhile im completing this one.

Charter Member 2012
    and started this one..

Charter Member 2012
    Please download from here... http://www.mediafire.com/?s4cv059h2u5i26d

Very nice job

After a lot of dithering about which Pitts to go for, I may have to plumb for this one

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Looks nice. Although, you forgot the graphics on top of the wings. http://www.andysimons.co.uk/Photos/A...tts/001-02.jpg
    I did not - i took my reference from another photo without the graphics based on their 2010 scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I did not - i took my reference from another photo without the graphics based on their 2010 scheme
    I figured that. I already deleted what you quoted.

Charter Member 2012
    Please download GLOOP from here http://www.mediafire.com/?o33ol6onl7esdj7

Please not that there have been minor changes to the real aircraft's paint scheme over the last 10 years so this paint is based on selected photos.

Charter Member 2012
    Please download G-OKAY from here http://www.mediafire.com/?2817dphi3fgd5jd
    Note that i have chosen to place this on the S1S version as the realworld aircraft has the fuse window panels.

Charter Member 2012
    Now working on N731FL

Nice skins.
    Barnes did You notice too poor sounds in this Pits (loop bug of sound file too on external view) and jumping compass ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice skins.
    Barnes did You notice too poor sounds in this Pits (loop bug of sound file too on external view) and jumping compass ?
    Hi

On one model i noticed the loop - i thought the compass was just my bad flying!!

I still think this version is 50% better than others which is why im revisting paints i did previously for the other dev.

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    nice repaints
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Charter Member 2012
    Tx Thunderbolt

Please download this one from here.. http://www.mediafire.com/?98ykxn04hnj7nm1

Cool repaints!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Charter Member 2012
    There has been an great new update and some fantastic new repaints added to the package. Well done Sibwings

http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?&t=1046

Members who have read this thread: 3